Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC 2020 Thread

Hello my dear friends and enemas. That time of year is upon us. As they say down there "all the women in the world aren't worth a goose drop to a Flemish man."

Who is hungry? I just whipped up a fresh batch of ca-ca tortas!!!

1. Is it the year of the Wildcat? Barrett's Boys are primed and ready to reach for the sky. When was the last time a team in the WRC had multiple D-1 college prospects like South Vermillion this year? THIS TEAM IS STUFFED LIKE A CALZONE WHEN IT COMES TO TALENT.

2. Herb and the Seeger Mel Gibsons are marching to the top of the WRC.

3. I would pay money to see a marching band battle between South Vermillion and Seeger. By far the two best bands in the WRC. South Vermillion marching Wildcats won the school's only State Championship a couple of years ago. It's hard to believe that SV doesn't have any athletic state championships.

4. In a fight between Brian Moore and Sasquatch, how long would it take Brian "the Lion" to kill Squatchie and drink his blood?

6. Will North Vermillion and Riverton Parke survive the mass outbreak of plague that shut both teams down into quarantine?

7. How will Covington's new coach respond to the rapidly rising property value in the land of Troy? Can he afford a house? Will he be able to keep focused on football with the Real Housewives of Fountain County surrounding him? Those Covington housewives have been the ruin of many a young man.

8. I think everyone is sincerely happy to see Attica still playing football.

9. Mustangs of FC still in rebuilding mode?  

Edited by Tanka Jahari

22 hours ago, JustForObservation said:

Parke Heritage finally breaks through and wins the WRC

Seeger suprises all,  comes in 2nd

North Vermillion 3rd

South Vermillion 4th

Covington 5th

Riverton Parke 6th

Fountain Central 7th

Attica 8th

Who replaced Logan White at QB?

48 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

This is my question too. I saw on another thread it was a Johnson kid. Don't know anything about that or anything about the kid.

I saw that he had snaps last year...wish PH had fans on here. 

4 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Hello my dear friends and enemas. That time of year is upon us. As they say down there "all the women in the world aren't worth a goose drop to a Flemish man."

Who is hungry? I just whipped up a fresh batch of ca-ca tortas!!!

1. Is it the year of the Wildcat? Barrett's Boys are primed and ready to reach for the sky. When was the last time a team in the WRC had multiple D-1 college prospects like South Vermillion this year? THIS TEAM IS STUFFED LIKE A CALZONE WHEN IT COMES TO TALENT.

2. Herb and the Seeger Mel Gibsons are marching to the top of the WRC.

3. I would pay money to see a marching band battle between South Vermillion and Seeger. By far the two best bands in the WRC. South Vermillion marching Wildcats won the school's only State Championship a couple of years ago. It's hard to believe that SV doesn't have any athletic state championships.

4. In a fight between Brian Moore and Sasquatch, how long would it take Brian "the Lion" to kill Squatchie and drink his blood?

6. Will North Vermillion and Riverton Parke survive the mass outbreak of plague that shut both teams down into quarantine?

7. How will Covington's new coach respond to the rapidly rising property value in the land of Troy? Can he afford a house? Will he be able to keep focused on football with the Real Housewives of Fountain County surrounding him? Those Covington housewives have been the ruin of many a young man.

8. I think everyone is sincerely happy to see Attica still playing football.

9. Mustangs of FC still in rebuilding mode?  

How many d1 players does South Vermillion have?

SV has a QB that is getting interest from “power 5” schools and many other studs around him.  Potential 2a title dark horse in the making in southern Vermillion county.  

The TH paper says the Wolfs have 2 QB’s that are top notch.  They may score 100 in a game this season.  

Edited by wrcsage

5 hours ago, wrcsage said:

SV has a QB that is getting interest from “power 5” schools and many other studs around him.  Potential 2a title dark horse in the making in southern Vermillion county.  

The TH paper says the Wolfs have 2 QB’s that are top notch.  They may score 100 in a game this season.  

That's interesting. Didn't know SV had that kind of talent right now. They've had some really good kids in the past. Barrett is really building a program up there. Good thing they don't play my Vikings anymore.

Jake Roberts and Christian Johnson sound like they'll be pretty good. Noble Johnson is a stud. Parke Heritage sounds like they'll be loaded again.

SV Qb Garzolini has an offer from Indiana State according to the article in the TH paper.

9 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

90F15F7D-7C51-43AC-A946-3B9803A06A82.png

Wasn't doubting you. Was just saying what was in the TH paper. Sounds like SV and Parke Heritage should be the early favorites. Should be a high scoring game between the two.Seeger could be a dark horse under Herb King.

Looking forward to another year of great WRC football. Sounds like SV should be the runaway favorites for title this year with the D1 talent that they have. So let’s discuss who plays for second this year? 

Will NV be able to find some pieces to replace the talent that graduated last year? Can they keep up with the high scoring teams in the WRC? No matter what they will be ready to play come sectionals.

Will be interesting to see what Herb does this year with Seeger. Do they break out and challenge for second in the conference?

Will Covington’s young coach be able to bring enough excitement to make up for replace some very good athletes that have graduated? 

PH should be able to contend with anyone for 2nd in the conference. They may not have any D1 talent, but may have a couple of the best all around athletes you will find in 1A. Will PH be able to score as much as they did last year without graduation of White? Time will tell.

Who knows about Riverton, have some good athletes, but can they keep their head in it for a full season and stay health?

Attica/FC hope the kids have fun and can start building a program again.

So how will the conference be decided if teams have to cancel a few games because of Covid? I assume the canceling school will just take the loss?

Lets have fun and hope all the teams stay healthy for the years. 

Let's take a look at the WRC!

Predicted Cheap Seats order of finish

1.  South Vermillion - With the best QB, RB, and LB in the WRC it is hard not to make them my top pick. (maybe bias)  Coach Barrett has done a tremendous job with this program!

2.  Seeger - Coach King has this team on the verge of big things.  With Stephen back and a very talented group of skill kids, this is a team to be reckoned with this year.

3. Parke Heritage - Johnson and Johnson will put other teams in tears.  The 2 questions are: Can the defense stop anyone and Can Moore beat Crabtree??

4. North Vermillion - Its hard to think the Falcons will fall out of the top spot in the WRC, but graduation hit hard.  Still tough to count Crabtree and Co. out.

5. Riverton Parke - (assuming they play) Is this the year the Panthers pounce into the top half of the conference?  probably  not.

6. Attica - Numbers may be low, but expect to see the Ramblers compete and a win a few.

7. Covington - Not sure if an XFL filming background will lead to wins for the Men of Troy, but it should be enough to beat FC.

8. Fountain Central - Where have the football players gone in southern Fountain county?  Hoping they get 1, because another 0fer would be bad for the Stangs.

Edited by CheapSeats

6 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Multiple D1 guys on the same team makes this SV team the most talented ever in the WRC.

There were some pretty talented teams that won the state title or came pretty close at Attica, Seeger, Fountain Central & North Vermillion.

Josh Smith from Attica was one of the best 1A players I have ever seen.  I'm not doubting the players at SV, but the proof is in the pudding and we'll see how their season plays out.

1 hour ago, CheapSeats said:

3. Parke Heritage - Johnson and Johnson will put other teams in tears. 

Very nicely done!! I award you the choice of either: a steaming flatus hoagie or a spicy ca-ca torta on the house!! 

My sources amongst the Real Housewives of Fountain County tell me that the men of troy have leaped the rest of the WRC in the technology arms race. They are filming with drones!!! Advantage: MEN OF TROY

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Very nicely done!! I award you the choice of either: a steaming flatus hoagie or a spicy ca-ca torta on the house!! 

My sources amongst the Real Housewives of Fountain County tell me that the men of troy have leaped the rest of the WRC in the technology arms race. They are filming with drones!!! Advantage: MEN OF TROY

Does SV have an Endzone Camera?

44 minutes ago, CoachDurham said:

Does SV have an Endzone Camera?

Does Coach Barrett wear a visor?  Does he have the best hair in the WRC? Does our logo look like a tiger?  Will people skip our home games to go to the Little Italy Festival?

The answer to all of these questions is, YES!