Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern @ Columbus North

Haven’t seen a thread about this matchup so I guess I’ll get it started?

no idea on what to expect from Columbus North. I know they are a 6A school and are competitively about the same as Southport.  

cant say I’m too optimistic about GS’s chances, really would love to see this matchup mid season.  

does anyone have insight on Columbus North?  Any fans here? 

5 minutes ago, bigfish said:

I'm looking forward to this one. Have a safe trip, Titans. Will this be streamed anywhere?

Very, very interesting game.  Wish the Titans well also.  Would love to attend this one.  Certainly hoping it’s streamed.

Stinks the Wk. 2 game got cancelled with the team out of MO.  Any word on if GS will get another opponent?  Harrell lists Center Grove, Decatur Central, Guerin & Lawrenceburg as all having Wk. 2 open. 

I too am interested in hearing about Columbus North.  Looks like they finished 2019 5-5 & #55 in SAG.       

26 minutes ago, tango said:

Stinks the Wk. 2 game got cancelled with the team out of MO.  Any word on if GS will get another opponent?  Harrell lists Center Grove, Decatur Central, Guerin & Lawrenceburg as all having Wk. 2 open. 

I too am interested in hearing about Columbus North.  Looks like they finished 2019 5-5 & #55 in SAG.       

No idea. Just seen that Week 2 is back open 

I’m hoping for Lawrenceburg/Guerin if they are available.  2 good 3A programs ranked in the top 10 of polls right now. 

makes too much sense to pass on that opportunity if it’s there. 

11 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’m hoping for Lawrenceburg/Guerin if they are available.  

Two great teams.  Literally,  I could see them playing one another at LOS if the ball bounces right.  

GS v. Either would be an incredible regular season game.

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2.3.

Went a few rounds with Tango years ago, it was fun indeed

Boys from GS would be fun to entertain, but I have a feeling their game is not as tight as they claim!!!

The Tigers are open so come on down, we got Connies and Tiger BL's ready to pass around.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, tango said:

Lburg at GS would be great, if for no other reason than to get Stink Town Clown on here with the GS fans.   

Could be a rematch at regionals

2 hours ago, tango said:

I hate that GS won't play Owensboro like originally scheduled, I saw the Notre Dame just offered Owensboro's QB

I think GS thumps Columbus North!!  Being 6A does not equate to a good football team, and GS is much better than good.  AND someone please make GS vs Lburg happen week 2 at the Jewel.  Get Ol' Stinky Clown out of Stinky Town.  Show him some real southern Indiana hospitality.  That match up would be fantastic. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I think GS thumps Columbus North!!  Being 6A does not equate to a good football team, and GS is much better than good.  AND someone please make GS vs Lburg happen week 2 at the Jewel.  Get Ol' Stinky Clown out of Stinky Town.  Show him some real southern Indiana hospitality.  That match up would be fantastic. 

And on a Saturday night so we can all watch it!

Edited by Cappy

74, 74, 74, 1.2.3

Would love to visit GS and get out of Stink City!

We got Connies, Hollywood & Seagrams Gin....

My crew got their cups and would need to chip in.  (gas money)

Stink Town is not pretty and everything we do is a sin.

But we would love some Southern hospitality from our GS & Patriot friends.