Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Leo @ Angola....Cancelled!

41 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

DeKalb has also now CANCELLED!  Another 14 day quarantine in place.  

Beat me to it Coach 

Dekalb cancelled first because they had a player that played in that game with Covid. Sounds like Leo and Garrett will pick each other up. Plus Angola already had an open week 3 anyway, so if this were to happen, at least it’s already on an off week. 

You do realize that I am an official, right?  

Not too terribly concerned about Week 3 being open for Angola.  Just that THIS week is not happening.

And as of my recent conversations with Leo and Garrett.  That's not a matchup that was mentioned.  3 were, with one being (IMO) a doozy.  

56 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Close contact is within 6ft for 15 minutes.  How could 47 players from Angola be within 6 ft of the positive Dekalb player for 15 minutes each? 

Does not fully explain your question, but ACHD (Allen county) just changed the 15 minutes to cumulative and not direct/constant.

21 minutes ago, sls said:

Does not fully explain your question, but ACHD (Allen county) just changed the 15 minutes to cumulative and not direct/constant.

Then all of my CONFIDENTIAL emails are lucky that I'm (teaching) in WABASH county.  The county that looks to have denied the governor yesterday. 

Edited by Robert

22 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

You do realize that I am an official, right?  

Not too terribly concerned about Week 3 being open for Angola.  Just that THIS week is not happening.

And as of my recent conversations with Leo and Garrett.  That's not a matchup that was mentioned.  3 were, with one being (IMO) a doozy.  

Would the one matchup that you felt being a doozy the one that was decided (Mooresville at Leo)? Not sure how Leo looks this year, but Coach Gillin seems to have the Mooresville Pioneers in high gear again. If Leo is solid this should be quite a game.

12 hours ago, sls said:

That's following the science, you are making up on the fly.

Teams will never finish the season in Allen County with that kind of idiocy. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Just saw that Mooresville is traveling to Ft Wayne area to play Leo.  That sounds like a great matchup.

It does for sure. It will be interesting! Like I messaged Yuccaguy both teams haven't had much time to prepare for each other (scouting reports, film breakdown). Most likely whichever team can execute what they do best will win this one. I like seeing this match-up though!

1 hour ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Remember Phil Lee is the guy who doesn't understand the value of the 10 practice rule for player safety either...

I hope you're not implying quarantining players has anything to do with player safety.  The original narrative (and it would be nice if we could stick with one to be consistent) was that we needed to slow the spread such that our hospital systems are not overwelmed by those who are at high risk.  The fella up in Steuben Co. over reacted ... of course if that was my job i'd probably do the same thing... CYA.

7 hours ago, Gipper said:

Wimps.  Just kidding!  I've always been a fan of games outside the general area.  Valpo may be a bad example, but to beat the best, you've got to play the best...

You may be right. But sometimes you can derail your entire season with a matchup that is not the best representation of who can compete with at this time of the year.

1 minute ago, Yuccaguy said:

You may be right. But sometimes you can derail your entire season with a matchup that is not the best representation of who can compete with at this time of the year.

True, injuries could also result.  Case in point: West Lafayette’s Yanni Karlaftis.  I know he has a hamstring injury, I DO NOT KNOW if it was sustained against Lafayette Jeff last week.