Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Serious Question...

3 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Does anyone believe that if the best players from teams 1A - 3A were on a team, could compete or potentially beat Center Grove?? Just curious on peoples thoughts! 

Fun topic. I don't know enough teams/players to include the best of the best. But using all-state/all-conference teams, here is what I could come up with for the "all-star small school team"...

QB - Brady Allen (Gibson Southern)

RB - Ryan Walsh (Andrean)

WR - Cannon Melchi (West Lafayette), Noble Johnson (Parke Heritage), Bryant Boggs (Wabash), Drew Stutzman (South Adams)

TE - Jacob Strange (West Washington)

OL - Braden Tucker (Gibson Southern), Joe Strickland (Brebeuf Jesuit), Jaxon Miller (Triton Central), Tristen Hayes (Oak Hill), Dylan Mathena (Tell City)

DL - Antwann Dix (Cardinal Ritter), Mo Omonode (West Lafayette),  Blake Ritzert (Mt. Vernon), James Ralph (Evansville Mater Dei)

LB - Lucas Hines (Brownstown Central), Hayden Kermode (Triton Central), Hayden Karlaftis (West Lafayette)

DB - Lane Burns (Eastside), Grant Bell (Sullivan), Isaiah Dalton (Eastbrook), Peyton Wert (Milan)

To answer your question, yes. I think this small school all star team could compete or beat Center Grove. But it would be close.

53 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

Does anyone believe that if the best players from teams 1A - 3A were on a team, could compete or potentially beat Center Grove?? Just curious on peoples thoughts! 

I'm going to guess with 85,000+ kids (boys and girls, based off school enrollment numbers for 192 schools) to field a team, they could come up with some competition. Lets say each school get 45 kids out, that would be over 8600 kids on a team. 

Edited by Cappy

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Fun topic. I don't know enough teams/players to include the best of the best. But using all-state/all-conference teams, here is what I could come up with for the "all-star small school team"...

QB - Brady Allen (Gibson Southern)

RB - Ryan Walsh (Andrean)

WR - Cannon Melchi (West Lafayette), Noble Johnson (Parke Heritage), Bryant Boggs (Wabash), Drew Stutzman (South Adams)

TE - Jacob Strange (West Washington)

OL - Braden Tucker (Gibson Southern), Joe Strickland (Brebeuf Jesuit), Jaxon Miller (Triton Central), Tristen Hayes (Oak Hill), Dylan Mathena (Tell City)

DL - Antwann Dix (Cardinal Ritter), Mo Omonode (West Lafayette),  Blake Ritzert (Mt. Vernon), James Ralph (Evansville Mater Dei)

LB - Lucas Hines (Brownstown Central), Hayden Kermode (Triton Central), Hayden Karlaftis (West Lafayette)

DB - Lane Burns (Eastside), Grant Bell (Sullivan), Isaiah Dalton (Eastbrook), Peyton Wert (Milan)

To answer your question, yes. I think this small school all star team could compete or beat Center Grove. But it would be close.

Add Nick Miller as a DE/TE and then you got something

• Like 1

If you had the pick of all the 1A-3A teams and the opportunity for them to work together for several weeks to put in a full offense and defense, absolutely. It's a little different comparison, but many of the D3 schools are loaded with 4A and blow kids and they would easily beat the top high school teams in the state.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Probably true. Would be nice to have both Allen and Pence to give them different looks. 

Pence is ineligible.  4A player.  Although the school is darn near 2A enrollment at 550.

28 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Allen is not mobile?? I hardly ever seen a non mobile HS QB

No, he is definitely a pocket passer.  A good one at that, but he isn’t nearly as effective when forced off the spot.  

There have been years the best 3A team would've given the best currently 6A teams a challenge. 1999 Roncalli and 2003 Chatard come to mind. If not, they didn't need much more to be as good...certainly not the rosters of all 1-3A teams.

It will probably never happen but change the all-star game to 1-4A vs 5-6A.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

There have been years the best 3A team would've given the best currently 6A teams a challenge. 1999 Roncalli and 2003 Chatard come to mind. If not, they didn't need much more to be as good...certainly not the rosters of all 1-3A teams.

For our indoor track season they split the schools 1-3a and 4-6a for the state finals. I wouldn't hate to see two all-star games set up like that with the current North vs South set-up.

4 hours ago, olinecoach said:

For our indoor track season they split the schools 1-3a and 4-6a for the state finals. I wouldn't hate to see two all-star games set up like that with the current North vs South set-up.

There's an indoor track season in Indiana? We participated as our first event in the meet at IU, but I believe that was Heritage Hills' only indoor meet. 

10 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Now THAT would be cool. 

12 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

There's an indoor track season in Indiana? We participated as our first event in the meet at IU, but I believe that was Heritage Hills' only indoor meet. 

"season" It is run by the coaches association so its not an official IHSAA season. All of the meets are qualifiers for the "state meet" at IU. Typically its the first three weeks of March and then done. I equate it to the scrimmaging we are allowed to do in the summer now for football (non-covid years).

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 12:32 PM, hhpatriot04 said:

Do some of the better track programs in the state participate in any out of state or in state indoors competitions? Where are there indoor tracks besides IU, Purdue, and Notre Dame? ISU?

Anderson U, Wabash, Ball St, Depauw, and I'm sure more have indoor track facilities. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

Anderson U, Wabash, Ball St, Depauw, and I'm sure more have indoor track facilities. 

Sagamore conference has indoor meets at Wabash and then have a conference championship meet at the end of the indoor season

• Like 1

14 hours ago, olinecoach said:

If I recall (from my childhood going to basketball camp), the University of Evansville has a track that encircles 2-3 basketball courts. I don't think it would be long enough to do the 60-meter dash. It might not even still be there, that was 25 years ago or so. Jim Crews era... right around the time they got rid of football (one of the biggest losses to SW Indiana HS football).