Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC where you be????

1 minute ago, GV5 said:

Very very well said!

It truely comes down most to what head coaches and staff do from the youth level up or lack there of! Alot of times depends on coaching staffs kids! 

I remember trying to help build lower levels of football where i live using the high school playbook only to have others not use it. When i coached at the high school level the head coach did not care enough to fix it. Guess what now they are paying for it. Just like other schools in the CIC!

It will take a head coach to sit down with all his assistants that are paid and divvy up the responsibilities of each and every one to fix it from the youth level to high school level. 

Until everyone buys in this is the product you get with the CIC

Your honest opinion...can it change and if so how long does it take a program to change it?  Elwood/Alex/Oak Hill have all had success within last 10 years.  Frankton had been a been a football school for a number of years until recently.  Blackford looked like it had a turn in direction a few years ago.  MG has had more negative than positive I think...do any of those have a shot to turn it around?  Or is current CIC simply destined to be a weak conference or are they waiting for a change up and I'm defining that as Eastbrook/Mississinewa leaving.

8 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Your honest opinion...can it change and if so how long does it take a program to change it?  Elwood/Alex/Oak Hill have all had success within last 10 years.  Frankton had been a been a football school for a number of years until recently.  Blackford looked like it had a turn in direction a few years ago.  MG has had more negative than positive I think...do any of those have a shot to turn it around?  Or is current CIC simply destined to be a weak conference or are they waiting for a change up and I'm defining that as Eastbrook/Mississinewa leaving.

I think you covered it!

I believe it will take a change at head coach at a few of these schools. You have to have a coach like Adamson who is an intricate part of his youth program and or has assistant's who can build it up! 

Really care about the young men in your system just don't talk about it! Do weekly grade checks even if they are to just make sure a kid has not slipped from one week to the next. Sometimes you can tell alot by the fluctuation of someones grades.

The smaller schools will always have numbers go up and down from one year to the next. The better Coaches will retain a majority of their kids!

Locally i watched the 2020 and 2021 graduating classes lose 50% of their classes from 7th/8th to 9th/10th and that comes from multiple issues.  Family,grades,friends and or just being scared or uncomfortable going against varsity at practice. 

9 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

I think that another thing that has to be focused on is a football coach's relationship with the other varsity coach's in the building. There are plenty of basketball, baseball, wrestling, etc. kids in the CIC that are not multi-sport athletes and would contribute greatly to CIC football teams. At schools that size it is essential to try to get kids out for multiple sports and find a way to share the athletes in the summer/off-season.

7 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

I think that another thing that has to be focused on is a football coach's relationship with the other varsity coach's in the building. There are plenty of basketball, baseball, wrestling, etc. kids in the CIC that are not multi-sport athletes and would contribute greatly to CIC football teams. At schools that size it is essential to try to get kids out for multiple sports and find a way to share the athletes in the summer/off-season.

Absolutely and that is how it used to be! I know locally they do a great job of working together but in past years and past coaches it wasn't that way. 

Listen most local schools do not pay very well for the time spent coaching. To many coaches hire buddies instead of qualified coaches who could really help at the different levels and or with different responsibilities. There just doesn't seem to be the ALL-IN belief there used to be!

• Like 1