• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
GreenKnight

2014 1A Outlook

Why is SP looking for a new coach? Obviously, last year was a great season for them and with Lorean returning potential for another.

Coach Burgess decided to step down to spend more time with his family.  He has a daughter in high school and a son, who soon will be in high school.  His family lives in a different school district and he wanted to be able to see his kids. He is a great coach that will be missed at South Putnam.

www.bannergraphic.com has the article.......

Southwood returns a very powerful offense including both a quarterback and running back that went over 2,000 yards.  

South Adams returns 16 starters from the sectional champs including the whole backfield 3 offensive line and I think 2 wr's. 7-8 starters on defense 3 db's 1 lb and 4 d line. Southwood, Northfield, AC all look good in this sectional.

• Upvote 1

Bump....

Some posts were in last years progress thread. 

We know Indy Lu will be tuff, how good will South Put and Howe be this fall and why?

Who else will be good this fall?

Northeastern returns the core of it's 9-3 team in 2014.  This includes 2 all-state in the backfield.  The Knights gave Eastern Hancock a very good game in the Sectional Championship in 2013.

Bump....

Some posts were in last years progress thread. 

We know Indy Lu will be tuff, how good will South Put and Howe be this fall and why?

Who else will be good this fall?

Howe returns nearly 90% of their varsity roster, including all but three starters. The Hornets scheduled games at Tech, Guerin Catholic, Culver Academy and Evansville Harrison. Howe will also attend the camp at Tri Central in June and has scheduled next seasons scrimmage against Center Grove.

• Upvote 1

I think in the WRC FC will be the favorite. FC returns a lot and are very well coached should be a tough team to beat. Rockville should be good this year didn't lose much. On the O they lost nothing on D they lost a few but can be replaced. Attica will be looking for a QB but should return a solid team. NV lost a lot. they do return a good HB and the back up QB is ok but not near what they had. They rest of the WRC not real strong but shows up and plays hard every Friday night. My top 2 favorites to make regional are FC or Rockville.

Edited by RoxFan

Howe returns nearly 90% of their varsity roster, including all but three starters. The Hornets scheduled games at Tech, Guerin Catholic, Culver Academy and Evansville Harrison. Howe will also attend the camp at Tri Central in June and has scheduled next seasons scrimmage against Center Grove.

What will your excuse be when Howe loses next year? - Johnny Football Edited by Sheriff Andy
  • Downvote 2

What will your excuse be when Howe loses next year? - Johnny Football

They might win.

There's a pretty good chance that we will not see the same crew chief in the sectional next year. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that Howe will receive a 200% increase in penalties as compared to their season average while the opposing team is supposedly more disciplined than any NFL or NCAA football team during the past decade.

Posting for banned people should be prohibited.

I was quoting him to give Howe a hard time . It was all in jest. I wasn't posting for him.

The 1A thread got clowned up with that crap last year and myself and others don't want a repeat. Don't get me wrong joking around can be a good thing. But that topic and poster took it way too far. What do you expect from Pioneer?

The 1A thread got clowned up with that crap last year and myself and others don't want a repeat. Don't get me wrong joking around can be a good thing. But that topic and poster took it way too far. What do you expect from Pioneer?

I expect a possible OT type of thriller vs Winamac, in week 2, for the final MWC crown. I then expect a rematch in regional, winner gets a shot at defending state champion Tri-Central. I see a record of anywhere from 7-2 to 9-0, although they might start 0-2 and be written off as a contender, then potentially win state.

I expect a possible OT type of thriller vs Winamac, in week 2, for the final MWC crown. I then expect a rematch in regional, winner gets a shot at defending state champion Tri-Central. I see a record of anywhere from 7-2 to 9-0, although they might start 0-2 and be written off as a contender, then potentially win state.

Who returns more between these 2?

Pioneer does, but not by much . Winamac has lost their career leading rusher, their leader for most TD catches in a season, a big bruising FB, and an all-state kicker. I believe that Winamac lost little to nothing on the lines.

How would you compare Pioneer and Winamac to LaVille?  In the south we really don't have gages for teams in the north, and I'm sure the same towards us.  Just curious.

How would you compare Pioneer and Winamac to LaVille? In the south we really don't have gages for teams in the north, and I'm sure the same towards us. Just curious.

I say that LaVille is an average 1A program. They usually compete with the area 1A teams, but struggle with the 2A and 3A schools in their conference. I can see them giving Pioneer or Winamac a decent game occasionally. It will surely help LaVille's record when they start play, in 2015, in the new HNAC.

I don't believe this season will be a huge success for North Decatur. Numbers were really down last year, but they have a brand new coaching staff this season.Their future looks really bright. Young Head coach Not sure of his name but have been told he's surround himself with some really good coaches. Rumor has it one is a former prominent Head coach out of Indy. Smart move on the new HC's part.  Surround yourself with good people and success will follow. I have to give kudos to the school board and admin for allowing the new HC to pick his staff and give him 100% support. Good Start for ND.

I say that LaVille is an average 1A program. They usually compete with the area 1A teams, but struggle with the 2A and 3A schools in their conference. I can see them giving Pioneer or Winamac a decent game occasionally. It will surely help LaVille's record when they start play, in 2015, in the new HNAC.

Thanks for the info.  We played LaVille the last 2 years, good group of guys and coaches, kids play hard and are well coached.  We closed the gap from year one to year two.  They were still better than us although the score didn't reflect the actual game last year.  Our kids are learning how to win and week 2 was still 52 pickup at times.  Plus the heat effected us more than them on a Saturday afternoon kickoff at 100 degrees.  It's encouraging to hear that they are respectable in the north.  Our focus for sure is to figure out how to win the south but always good to keep the north on our radar too. 

We play Clinton Praire week 9 next year, how are they?

I don't believe this season will be a huge success for North Decatur. Numbers were really down last year, but they have a brand new coaching staff this season.Their future looks really bright. Young Head coach Not sure of his name but have been told he's surround himself with some really good coaches. Rumor has it one is a former prominent Head coach out of Indy. Smart move on the new HC's part.  Surround yourself with good people and success will follow. I have to give kudos to the school board and admin for allowing the new HC to pick his staff and give him 100% support. Good Start for ND.

North Decatur will be much improved, especially when that group of 6-7th graders get up there, they have a size!

Clinton Prairie is up and down, like many 1A programs. They finished 10-2 in 2010 and are 43-43 over the past 9 seasons. Last year they were 5-7.

South Putnam School Board have yet to decide if they will join the WIC, did approve the building of a new weight room.  It is to be about 4500 Sq Feet, seems to be fairly large, they will have the outstanding RB back and big line return as well.  Coach Nathan Aker will be replacing Coach Troy Burgess, who is stepping down to take time for his family.

http://www.bannergraphic.com/story/2061761.html

Edited by EFB

Anyone know what a "sleeper" is?

15 kids in the weight room on a regular here at Winamac. 

Where's the slack at? ;)

Work will pay off!!!

Like to see your starting lineup winamacwarrior79.

We have quite a few more than 15. Most of our kids are in advanced PE lifting.

Anyone know what a "sleeper" is? 15 kids in the weight room on a regular here at Winamac.  Where's the slack at? ;) Work will pay off!!! Like to see your starting lineup winamacwarrior79.We have quite a few more than 15. Most of our kids are in advanced PE lifting.

Nope Coach H... Nope not at all! You can't come with facts like that!

South Adams returns 16 starters from the sectional champs including the whole backfield 3 offensive line and I think 2 wr's. 7-8 starters on defense 3 db's 1 lb and 4 d line. Southwood, Northfield, AC all look good in this sectional.

The Starfires also play the 2nd toughest schedule in 1A behind Sheridan.

[Nope Coach H... Nope not at all! You can't come with facts like that!

You're right, I should have known...