• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
CharlieTweeder

3A 6-0 Knox at 1A 6-0 Pioneer

13 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

sure does....two undefeated teams that have done so by playing the 240th and 248th ranked schedule....oh yeah the excitement is staggering !

Anyone who saw Pioneer play at Lucas Oil last November knows Pioneer's the real deal. Never mind the SOS ranking

14 hours ago, ts32 said:

Anyone who saw Pioneer play at Lucas Oil last November knows Pioneer's the real deal. Never mind the SOS ranking

Their offense is better this year than last year.  More offensive weapons and more speed.  I'm not convinced their defense is quite as good as last year - they lost some very good guys from last year's defense.  But the numbers this year speak for themselves.  And our offense is much better than last year, so its hard to judge.

I believe this year much more explosive and faster with Lewellens additions.    Nies and Barkas were four year starters and Morris started three years so they are missing some experience.  Nies was a load but with Kiser and Gregorich playing at 210 & 204 there's even more of a physical presence back there. Defense is still young unit with 9 starters underclassmen so they're still learning and developing.

Knox will be even bigger and more physical and more experience with 23 seniors.  Prob don't have the speed and playmakers Pioneer has but will prob try and use ball-control with huge fullback and smart qb and eat clock to keep score low. Should be interesting with home-coming and mid 60s temps big crowd should make fun atmosphere.

• Upvote 2

Pioneer beat Winamac on the road 61-0. Knox beat Winamac 41-12 at home.

Pioneer beat Laville 41-0 on the road. Knox beat LaVille 19-0 on the road.

I know you can’t always compare scores of common opponents but I think this gives a pretty good indication of the game. It appears Knox has a great coach and is heading in the right direction as they were 1-9 three years ago and 9-3 last season. Knox will be the toughest team Pioneer faces in the regular season and will compete for a sectional title but I feel Pioneer is all around better.

Pioneer wins 35-6.

Ahhh ...

Knox - Pioneer

Knox gets the test that COULD put them in a different category.  Good D, legit, but can the offense get it done. Coach Hendryx doing a fine job.

Pioneer a lot of athleticism,  stud QB, solid PROGRAM.

Difference: Team v. Program 

Pioneer wins by 24 points

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

Everyone knows of a Kiser, Gregorich and company but who stands out for the Redskins?  I know their QB is an athlete 

what about their D?

On 9/23/2017 at 8:58 PM, Andy G said:

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but technically Pioneer has Delaware helmets. Coach Johnson was always enamored with the Delaware Wing-T

#Insider

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:58 PM, Andy G said:

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but technically Pioneer has Delaware helmets. Coach Johnson was always enamored with the Delaware Wing-T. 

That's like debating if its a Georgia Bulldogs helmet or a Green Bay Packers helmet.

12 hours ago, Coach Durham said:

That's like debating if its a Georgia Bulldogs helmet or a Green Bay Packers helmet.

Yes, but I said the same thing in school and I was always corrected by others. Coach Johnson used to give Delaware Blue Hen ball caps to players as a play-based reward.

On 9/26/2017 at 9:50 PM, Shane Falco said:

#Insider

I was all night.

• Haha 2

On 9/23/2017 at 8:58 PM, Andy G said:

I know I'm splitting hairs here, but technically Pioneer has Delaware helmets. Coach Johnson was always enamored with the Delaware Wing-T. 

I always wondered about those helmets.  Who was first_ Michigan or Delaware...or someone else??... And the Green Bay "G"- Pack first it Georgia or Grambling or?   And to make this thread viable post...yeah I do keep stats that allow me to separate 1st team d from JV!!! Of course I do! I have a stat breakdown to how Linton does on 2nd and between 4 and 6, under the lights while playing on the road further than 30 miles from home.  Oh... And best of luck to pioneer!

Dangit...I shoulda read the whole thread before my post! My bad.

Edited by Miner Pride

4 hours ago, Miner Pride said:

I always wondered about those helmets.  Who was first_ Michigan or Delaware...or someone else??... And the Green Bay "G"- Pack first it Georgia or Grambling or?   And to make this thread viable post...yeah I do keep stats that allow me to separate 1st team d from JV!!! Of course I do! I have a stat breakdown to how Linton does on 2nd and between 4 and 6, under the lights while playing on the road further than 30 miles from home.  Oh... And best of luck to pioneer!

It was Green Bay first. And the "G" stood for "Greatness." Not Green Bay as one might think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Miner Pride said:

Ironically, Ohio State was the first to wear the wings on the leather helmets.

• Upvote 1

If I understand the history correctly it was also then a Michigan assistant who took the design with him to Delaware correct?

33 minutes ago, Football Mania said:

What do you think Knox has to do to stop Pioneer, and what do you guys think that Pioneer has to do to stop Knox. 

The best chance anyone will have to beat Pioneer will be the result of taking away big plays.  You have to force Pioneer into long drives where they have to execute 12-15 plays to score.  When you do that, you increase the chance that they will make a mistake and the drive will stall or you get a turnover.  If you have a propensity to give up big plays (like Triton does), you won't stay in the game for very long.  Knox's defense is good!  But you can't get discouraged if you give up first downs as long as it takes 3 downs to get them!  Just don't give up the big play.  They still might score on every possession, but they'll only have 5 of them instead of 10!

30 minutes ago, Fine Print said:

The best chance anyone will have to beat Pioneer will be the result of taking away big plays.  You have to force Pioneer into long drives where they have to execute 12-15 plays to score.  When you do that, you increase the chance that they will make a mistake and the drive will stall or you get a turnover.  If you have a propensity to give up big plays (like Triton does), you won't stay in the game for very long.  Knox's defense is good!  But you can't get discouraged if you give up first downs as long as it takes 3 downs to get them!  Just don't give up the big play.  They still might score on every possession, but they'll only have 5 of them instead of 10!

Sound strategy if Knox can pull it off.  Like you said, the killers against a team like Pioneer is letting them get a couple of quick strikes against you on a couple of two or three play possessions.   A team like that feeds off of that kind of momentum and a game can get out of hand ... and basically be over ... very early.  It's the same type of "shock-and-awe" that LCC could pull ... it also fires up your defense and any takeaway that Pioneer's defense can pull will just be like throwing gasoline on that fire.

1 hour ago, Football Mania said:

What do you think Knox has to do to stop Pioneer, and what do you guys think that Pioneer has to do to stop Knox. 

This ballgame will come down to who controls the line of scrimmage. Kiser and crew will do what they do in the back field but it is up to who wins the battle in the trenches in this one. Best O-line blocking and D-line gap filling wins. Could be a dog fight.

Knox is big up front and big running back ,WRs are tall and athletic 

Pioneer will have to somehow get stops. Last year Knox came out opening drive and rammed it down our throats.  If we fall behind could be tough due to their ball control O.

Agree can Pioneer hold up in the trenches?  Panther D is very fast but not very big. Should be interesting

The Defense and O-Line will determine this game.. as everyone has already said, each side has stud and athletic players. A good amount of runs by Kiser and Patrick. 

The corn-bread fed monster panthers with The Pit & homecoming, Knox on a motivated win streak...Ill take my boys in Red.

Team             Sagarin # State Overall Ranking            Sagarin Rating           CalPreps Ranking           CalPreps Rating

Pioneer                            29                                                     80.33                             40                                    22.1

Knox                                117                                                    55.63                             98                                    8.8

Edited by Lysander

We see this all too often.... All the hype with an underwhelming result.

This game will be over in 90 minutes. They will each give it their best shot and I am not taking anything away from Knox.  Great HC and has got kids to buy in.  But in the end, when the dust settles Pioneer will do what they do best and Knox won't be to hold on for 48 minutes. This game will end with a 4 score differential 

28-0

35-7 

Somewhere in that range.  I wish both teams the best but Pioneer is the better squad.

14 hours ago, Redzone10 said:

Pioneer - Football program

Knox - Basketball program

enough said!!!

Since when would Knox be considered a BASKETBALL PROGRAM?  I believe they have only won three sectionals since 1973!  If this is the case, then the bluejays must be a basketball powerhouse. lol