Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 42 Match-ups

Frontier and Clinton Central enter Sectional 42 as only two teams with winning records.  LCC enters as the team with the least number of games played as well as the least opponents having lost twice to Tipton.  The two teams that LCC has wins over played for 9th/10th place in the Hoosier Conference last week.  The two teams that LCC has lost to are Sagarin-ranked 4th and 11th in 3A and 2A respectively and #2 and #7 in 3A and 2A respectively in the IFCA Coaches' Poll.  While almost always dangerous regardless of record, LCC's been strapped all season by COVID and missing the usual HC grind, as well as early-season testing matches against 3A Tri-West and Guerin Catholic, and will be the unknown this season.  Can this be Frontier's opportunity to pick up a sectional title?  In the wings is Clinton Central hoping to pick up its first sectional title since 2009 ... possibly meeting before the sectional final in a grudge match with Frontier if both teams make it through the first round.  

image.png.a51165f37e0cc4c7a14ea06f0c5ffbc2.png

Edited by foxbat

Frontier has a couple good backs who run hard, but they are porous on D.  If they meet up with LCC, I don't see the Falcons slowing down the Knight offense.

George isn't going to lead Clinton Central to the promised land as well.

If Central Catholic isn't shut down by Covid, they win this going away.  If they can't play, it is wide open.

5 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Frontier has a couple good backs who run hard, but they are porous on D.  If they meet up with LCC, I don't see the Falcons slowing down the Knight offense.

If Central Catholic isn't shut down by Covid, they win this going away.  If they can't play, it is wide open.

Watching the first couple announcements over in the playoff cancellation thread makes this more than a passing thought ... especially given that LCC's volleyball team had to cancel in sectionals due to quarantine less than two weeks ago.

12 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

If LCC gets shut down whoever wins sectional 41 will be playing at semi state. I don't see any sectional 42 team being a "tough out"

Edited by TheStatGuy

Covid aside .... The north appears to favor a repete of last yr, with the same 4 meeting again in the regionals .... w the NJ  Lcc winner taking on whoever wins the battle of Adams Co. for the right to meet the favored Lutherns at LOS.  With AC upsetting SA last yr.... hard to say who comes out... Sag ratings say SA > AC ... NJ > Lcc ..... SA > NJ   so mabe its Lcc's yr to knocked out... seems likely enuff .....  hmmmm

6 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Covid aside .... The north appears to favor a repete of last yr, with the same 4 meeting again in the regionals .... w the NJ  Lcc winner taking on whoever wins the battle of Adams Co. for the right to meet the favored Lutherns at LOS.  With AC upsetting SA last yr.... hard to say who comes out... Sag ratings say SA > AC ... NJ > Lcc ..... SA > NJ   so mabe its Lcc's yr to knocked out... seems likely enuff .....  hmmmm

In regards to LCC. 

How healthy are they? If I remember right they were gonna get some dudes back before their week 6 game got cancelled. I wonder if those guys were back for week 8 and 9 and what guys were out week 8 and 9?

9 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

In regards to LCC. 

How healthy are they? If I remember right they were gonna get some dudes back before their week 6 game got cancelled. I wonder if those guys were back for week 8 and 9 and what guys were out week 8 and 9?

U jus never know.... they certainly don't hav to worry bout looking ahead .... as the ole saying goes.... its literally .... one game at a time for the Knights.  I wouldn't say any game is a lock for em ...  its buck up or get bucked out time for them....

34 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

In regards to LCC. 

I'd say that SA and AC probably have had more consistency week-to-week and a better chance to get a rhythm and try things out.  LCC has pretty much pieced together a season and I'm not sure if they've gotten any ability for traction.  Your guess is as good as mine as to who's in and who's out at this time on the roster.  The couple of games that LCC won this season were against the 9th and 10th place teams in the Hoosier Conference.  It will likely be a gutsy run if they get to regionals and semi-state.  Usually, by the time sectionals start, the previous nine games start paying off in spades for LCC given the schedule they normally play.  I think this season, there's a lot less benefit and, as @BendNotBreak, there will be little looking ahead and very little ability to look back for lessons/inspiration.  It's down to just the present and, in a sense, LCC's likely to look more like start-of-season as opposed to start of sectionals over the next three weeks ... should Frontier not ambush them.

Currently SA is the team to beat so far in the North. Not enough body of work to make a statement on LCC. AC will have to deal with Southwood who is back in now. All teams have to beat COVID as well. It was definitely a tale of 2 halves for the AC vs SA regular season matchup. The Jets had started to ground and pound for much of the first half and were driving to score to get a larger lead when Currie was injured. After that, the game completely changed as AC went ultra vanilla in my opinion. South Adams did start running the ball with Miller blocking for Summersett and giving their passing offense more time. A rematch of both healthy would be interesting to see what happens. Still think SA has just a little more this year plus that bad taste in their mouth after last season.

Edited by Basementbias

17 hours ago, foxbat said:

I'd say that SA and AC probably have had more consistency week-to-week and a better chance to get a rhythm and try things out.  LCC has pretty much pieced together a season and I'm not sure if they've gotten any ability for traction.  Your guess is as good as mine as to who's in and who's out at this time on the roster.  The couple of games that LCC won this season were against the 9th and 10th place teams in the Hoosier Conference.  It will likely be a gutsy run if they get to regionals and semi-state.  Usually, by the time sectionals start, the previous nine games start paying off in spades for LCC given the schedule they normally play.  I think this season, there's a lot less benefit and, as @BendNotBreak, there will be little looking ahead and very little ability to look back for lessons/inspiration.  It's down to just the present and, in a sense, LCC's likely to look more like start-of-season as opposed to start of sectionals over the next three weeks ... should Frontier not ambush them.

Yes but LCC is LCC and only the covids and Lutherans has a chance or something like that is what I read somewhere. I gotta go 

I've seen Frontier, and they do have two backs who can run the football very well.  I heard they were injured late in the season and the Falcons lost to West Central, who finished 2-7.  If those two do not return, they have NO chance vs. LCC.  If they do play, if they can control the ball with the run game, they could keep it close, but their defense was not very good at all when I saw them play.  They were vulnerable to the run and the pass.  I think they gave up over 200 yards rushing to one back.

As for regionals and semistate, I wouldn't start counting my chickens if I were any team this year.  I'd worry about playing one game at a time.  There are more opponents out there than just on the football field this season.

• Like 1