Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 28

I was loath to discuss 3A Sectional 28 this year despite the fact I think it is accepted as the most intentionally (no accident there) “loaded” Sectional pound for pound in the State of a Indiana.   In part, because I thought it was a lot more interesting last year because I, frankly, assumed it was the unofficial State Championship last year.....I accept that many might disagree...but I believe that was the case.  

LAST YEAR.

Sectional 28 has taken an interesting turn.  Guerin beating West Lafayette, in my opinion, was the shocker of the week last week as regards games that might actually affect the State Championship.  It might end up being the shocker of the playoffs.....we’ll see.

To be clear, I “get” how West Lafayette not having Yanni Karlaftis has had a major effect on them but, still, I was very surprised at just how Guerin was matching West Lafayette play for play.  Guerin’s win was no fluke by ANY stretch.  They won that game straight up and almost gave it away those last 2 minutes.

I will admit that the Chatard/Guerin game earlier this year was not as competitive as in year’s past but during this COVID weirdness who knows just what is going on.  Still, Guerin needs to make up some ground from the 38-0 loss at Chatard earlier.  

More worrisome, admittedly are the Preppies....who I am, maybe unfairly, assuming will defeat Yorktown (I’d love to go to Yorktown again, though, since the last time I was there I was with Procter and Gamble in 1984 at the Marsh HQ).  

Brebeuf, in my opinion, outplayed Chatard the first half in the first game of the season before losing 27-14 at home.  Some of their efforts this year seem to not match up with that game but I just view the Preppies as a totally legit threat to go to LOS if they can pull this off.

Okay.  Done. Trying not to be as long (this was long, though) as those “Lipton” posts per Donnie Baker....certainly not as defensive.