Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 48 1A West Washington Vs. Perry Central

well... for old times sake maybe..  I had to at least see if any discussion out there exists for two old rivalries. 

The Senators are 9-0... Commodores 8-3.   They met earlier in Leopold with a 39-22 win for WW.  This game is also at Leopold. Looking at the WW Season results it's hard to see where the Senators have been tested.  the 22 points PC put on them is the most all season.  What was this game like?  Were they late points, or was this a competitive game? 

PC and my old friend Coach Gibson opened up with 2 losses (Tell City and Forest Park) but have truly been a defensive monster in their 8 wins... all 8 holding opponent under 10... and 5 of those shutouts.  Beating 2A 7-4 Paoli 28-8 has prolly been their big win of the season.  But those other 7 wins came against Opponents with a combined 9-49 W-L.  Granted... WW has played and beaten many of the same teams on PC's schedule (North Central, Tecumseh, Springs Valley, Mitchell)... and add 0-9 Eastern Pekin. .  They did beat Paoli 43-0 and easily over 5-6 Washington and 4-5 North Daviess.  

What say ye from the 1A south. .Sectional 48... PLAC folks?

There aren't any perry people that im aware of and im kind of a lone shark now!! Both games are/were at WW. Last year were both at PC. WW lead throughout in earlier game. Up 14-0....then 22-6 (halftime score i think). Kinda kept at a 14 pt advantage. WW is alot more run oriented then last year. We should win this game but playing a team twice is always weird. Our line is huge and thats always going to be a problem for a lot of teams. Hoping to get far and send this SR class out right. We have a ton

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WWFan said:

There aren't any perry people that im aware of and im kind of a lone shark now!! Both games are/were at WW. Last year were both at PC. WW lead throughout in earlier game. Up 14-0....then 22-6 (halftime score i think). Kinda kept at a 14 pt advantage. WW is alot more run oriented then last year. We should win this game but playing a team twice is always weird. Our line is huge and thats always going to be a problem for a lot of teams. Hoping to get far and send this SR class out right. We have a ton

I'll tell ya I think the Senators will take this in fashion. Two great teams representing two great fan bases! Best of Luck to both Teams! Love to see this one.

How many seniors do the Senators have this year?   They have had such an emotional ride.  I have nothing but love for both programs... PC and WW.... met a lot of great folks over the years with Linton games and just

chitter chatter year in and out.  I'd love to see either go far in the tourney....  It feels like this is West Washington's time to shine though.  But this is the kind of game that is dangerous.  PC is an opponent that certainly knows

what you do.. your personnel... and vice versa.  Having beaten the Commodores four times in a row... well you hope they aren't looking ahead.  Can't imagine they would... but... it is the post season!  Congrats to Coach Nance on an unbeaten season.. and to Coach Gibson for getting Perry Central back to where they are. 

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

How many seniors do the Senators have this year?   They have had such an emotional ride.  I have nothing but love for both programs... PC and WW.... met a lot of great folks over the years with Linton games and just

chitter chatter year in and out.  I'd love to see either go far in the tourney....  It feels like this is West Washington's time to shine though.  But this is the kind of game that is dangerous.  PC is an opponent that certainly knows

what you do.. your personnel... and vice versa.  Having beaten the Commodores four times in a row... well you hope they aren't looking ahead.  Can't imagine they would... but... it is the post season!  Congrats to Coach Nance on an unbeaten season.. and to Coach Gibson for getting Perry Central back to where they are. 

We have 12 seniors. Starting QB/S, whole OL (6 lineman total. Other is starting DL), starting TE/DE, Starting WR/CB, starting LB/#2 TE, and starting WR/RB (bobby stevens does both. Splits carries with McPheeters and also our #2 WR.) So basically we return 1 starter on offense and 2 on defense next year. But hopefully we got a few weeks before I start mentally planning next years lineup. Haha.

Its hard to project this team. We are healthier now then we were at this point last year by a mile. We lost 4 starters at this point last year. 300 pounder Mike leach, starting C and LB Charles madden, RB Bobby stevens (who was coming off a 2300 yd rushing soph season), and DE Caleb Murphy who is now at IU. Those last 2 were lost week 1. So while 3 of those 4 are here now we graduated 2 really main guys from last year in both starting WR/CBs. This year as a result our passing offense hasn't clicked as well and our pass D seems to take a beating sometimes but its not exactly challenged alot. 

So as I watch em I worry about those 2 things. Im just a fan so im pretty objective. We should beat Perry but after that it could be a toss up. My hope would be we win regional in what i assume will be a very tight game and Semi st would take some breaks for us to pull it off no matter the opp. Good luck to the miners this week. Hopefully we can all can be doing some regional match up threads next week as well

27 minutes ago, WWFan said:

We have 12 seniors. Starting QB/S, whole OL (6 lineman total. Other is starting DL), starting TE/DE, Starting WR/CB, starting LB/#2 TE, and starting WR/RB (bobby stevens does both. Splits carries with McPheeters and also our #2 WR.) So basically we return 1 starter on offense and 2 on defense next year. But hopefully we got a few weeks before I start mentally planning next years lineup. Haha.

Its hard to project this team. We are healthier now then we were at this point last year by a mile. We lost 4 starters at this point last year. 300 pounder Mike leach, starting C and LB Charles madden, RB Bobby stevens (who was coming off a 2300 yd rushing soph season), and DE Caleb Murphy who is now at IU. Those last 2 were lost week 1. So while 3 of those 4 are here now we graduated 2 really main guys from last year in both starting WR/CBs. This year as a result our passing offense hasn't clicked as well and our pass D seems to take a beating sometimes but its not exactly challenged alot. 

So as I watch em I worry about those 2 things. Im just a fan so im pretty objective. We should beat Perry but after that it could be a toss up. My hope would be we win regional in what i assume will be a very tight game and Semi st would take some breaks for us to pull it off no matter the opp. Good luck to the miners this week. Hopefully we can all can be doing some regional match up threads next week as well

I can see WW winning a regional this year. Semi state you’ll run into South Putnams or Lutherans. Lutherans has been my pick all year. Should’ve had it last year and you know they’re on a mission from God this year! I gotta go 

2 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

I can see WW winning a regional this year. Semi state you’ll run into South Putnams or Lutherans. Lutherans has been my pick all year. Should’ve had it last year and you know they’re on a mission from God this year! I gotta go 

I wonder what anyone knows and Covenant Christian. Only lost by 13 last year to Lutheran. Seemingly better this year. But yes I agree Lutherans should be the favorite to win the South. I swear to God they are!

21 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

McPheeters.....  eeesh that name sounds familiar! LOL!

Its his younger brother. But sadly I think the last of them. But he's just a sophomore. Maybe we can find some more soon...🤣

4 minutes ago, WWFan said:

I wonder what anyone knows and Covenant Christian. Only lost by 13 last year to Lutheran. Seemingly better this year. But yes I agree Lutherans should be the favorite to win the South. I swear to God they are!

Its his younger brother. But sadly I think the last of them. But he's just a sophomore. Maybe we can find some more soon...🤣

WW has slowly climbed the ladder and are  definitely getting close. 

16 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Covenant Christian...   no kidding... 1st season 2015...  11-0 today... and they .. well I was about to say they haven't play anyone.. then I saw they beat Heritage Christian pretty good!

24 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

state law? 

• Haha 1

Perry parent here. I think this will be a better game than everyone is giving us credit for. First of all, our two losses at the beginning of the season wouldn’t have been losses. Our top 6 players were either injured...or suspended (We won’t talk about that though) Haha! In our first match up we also had our best receiver (Reece Davis) and our best running back (Camiren Etienne) out due to injuries. They also play a very big part on our defense. I really think this game will be a lot closer than last time. If we can handle your big guys and figure out how to stop Holden. Easier said than done. All that being said we’re all looking forward to heading your way tonight and I can guarantee you it’s gonna be fun. There’s no other team we’d rather be playing for a sectional title. You guys are and have always been a class act from top to bottom. Good luck and hope everyone stays safe out there. Go Commodores!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pc2799 said:

Perry parent here. I think this will be a better game than everyone is giving us credit for. First of all, our two losses at the beginning of the season wouldn’t have been losses. Our top 6 players were either injured...or suspended (We won’t talk about that though) Haha! In our first match up we also had our best receiver (Reece Davis) and our best running back (Camiren Etienne) out due to injuries. They also play a very big part on our defense. I really think this game will be a lot closer than last time. If we can handle your big guys and figure out how to stop Holden. Easier said than done. All that being said we’re all looking forward to heading your way tonight and I can guarantee you it’s gonna be fun. There’s no other team we’d rather be playing for a sectional title. You guys are and have always been a class act from top to bottom. Good luck and hope everyone stays safe out there. Go Commodores!

Welcome back!! I have 0 doubt it'll be a good game. Last time was a good game...never felt like perry was out of it just couldn't seem to break that 14 pt barrier. Good luck tonight, safe travels, and hopefully both teams come out healthy for regionals.

WW leads PC 14-6 at the half. Perry will get ball first. 

WW doing it through the air. Perry doing both. PC seems to have played better i would say just getting killed by TE Jake strange who has over 100 yds receiving in first half. After WW fumbled opening play and teams exchanged punts WW threw about a 70 yd TD pass. Perry got the ball and marched to the 5 before fumbling. WW then marched 95 for 2nd score of the night a short run by Mcpheeters. Perry then went down and scored with 35 secs left in half. 

WW defense needs to tighten up and get some punts. Perry not allowing a lot on the ground early. 

Currently 20-19 WW. WW with the ball. About 3 min to go. WW scored on a questionable catch by Strange in EZ. Refs were just not in position. Im sure each team will disagree is caught or not. Then thought they got 2 pt but ref said no. PC drove and scored and went for 2 but defense held up on run by bland who had been excellent. 

Now 2:11 left. PC with 1 Timeout. 2nd and 8 at PC 15. Still WW ball

WW taking knees. Game over. WW wins an amazing game 20-19. PC in my opinion really has to fell they let this slip. Fumble on 5 in first half and that INT by freshman Greyson McCoy in 3rd as they were driving for lead. MVP is Jake Strange. Unsung Hero is Ethan Roberts. Started at LB for Glen Rankin (still dont know if he's hurt or something) and some great runs late as McPheeters got hurt early 3rd with shoulder injury. Hope he's ok.  

3 minutes ago, WWFan said:

WW taking knees. Game over. WW wins an amazing game 20-19. PC in my opinion really has to fell they let this slip. Fumble on 5 in first half and that INT by freshman Greyson McCoy in 3rd as they were driving for lead. MVP is Jake Strange. Unsung Hero is Ethan Roberts. Started at LB for Glen Rankin (still dont know if he's hurt or something) and some great runs late as McPheeters got hurt early 3rd with shoulder injury. Hope he's ok.  

Really surprised it was this close. Swear to God I am!

Man we (PC) were definitely the better team this past Friday. But that’s what happens when you play a bunch of kids from a winning program and it’s just their culture to win. Took advantage of our mistakes. A few controversial calls didn’t go our way but that’s definitely not the reason we lost, we had our chances. Congratulations to WW and go win a regional next week for the PLAC. My son Reece was a senior so some of my  passion will be gone but just want to say it was a pleasure playing you all through the years. Good luck!

• Like 1