Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

Penalties have been an absolute killer for CE.. 

A roughing the kicker on a FG attempt after holding them for 6 yards on 3 plays inside the 10, then it takes Whiteland 4 carries to get 6 yards for a TD instead of a FG... 7 plays, 9 yards all because of a roughing the kicker.. 

Ensuing kick off, East returns it’s 70 yards, only for it to be called back because of a block in the back. 

If East were to win this game it would be a miracle with how the offense has played. The last TD and the first TD was basically super short yardage situations for Whiteland. Not going to beat many quality teams only making teams going 10 yards and 45 yards for a score. 

Whiteland - 21

Columbus East - 14

4th Q 

Stars fall 13-6

3 turnovers one of them an INT in the end zone. 

Lots of penalties as well but fixable. 
Young team battled hard and gained some experience tonight. I hope they are able to continue with the season and gain that experience. They will he fun to watch.  

• Thanks 1

Whiteland scores with 15.6 seconds remaining and wins the game. 

Whiteland - 28

Columbus East - 21

Clean up the penalties and CE would have walked out with a victory. Not a bad team effort at all, the defense is really good, and the Whiteland offense is always the most difficult to defend with all the motion. 

CN is absolutely blowing the doors off Gibson Southern, so it will be another test for CE. CE opens up with 3 very tough games to start the season. 

Very very unpopular opinion- Gaddis has seen better days. He’s been out coached vs North for the last few years. Mental mistakes cost the O’s a W tonight. If he coached against tougher competition thru the season, he wouldn’t have the exalted status he does now. Maybe it’s the whiskey talking but I’m not the rah rah guy for him I once was.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Very very unpopular opinion- Gaddis has seen better days. He’s been out coached vs North for the last few years. Mental mistakes cost the O’s a W tonight. If he coached against tougher competition thru the season, he wouldn’t have the exalted status he does now. Maybe it’s the whiskey talking but I’m not the rah rah guy for him I once was.  

I personally think the talent pool at East isn’t as good as it once was. For several years, the talent across the field on both sides of the ball was very high. However, the last few years it seems like we have holes in certain places and we’ve also had slow starts to the season. Seems like it takes three or four weeks for us to get into a rhythm. Maybe it’s from the dependence on guys whose primary sport is baseball but I don’t know. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

• Like 1

FC over Jeff 41-6. Easy win. Had some guys out for this game, hopefully nothing long term. Injury bug bit us last year before big games against East and Bloomington South. Need to keep Polk and Wright healthy. Offensive Line was really impressive. Big and Athletic. Defense looked fast sideline to sideline. A little more size in the middle there too. I also liked what I saw from several Sophomores. Providence is an OK team but the real test is in 2 weeks vs Cincinnati Elder.

14 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I personally think the talent pool at East isn’t as good as it once was. For several years, the talent across the field on both sides of the ball was very high. However, the last few years it seems like we have holes in certain places and we’ve also had slow starts to the season. Seems like it takes three or four weeks for us to get into a rhythm. Maybe it’s from the dependence on guys whose primary sport is baseball but I don’t know. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

I read stuff like this and get Optimistic, only for you guys to play like the New England Patriots against the HHC. But every Dynasty dies eventually. FC had a terrific basketball program for 25 years and then went 15 years where they were horrible and now finally are a Basketball Power again.

Edited by Fkfootball

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I read stuff like this and get Optimistic, only for you guys to play like the New England Patriots against the HHC. But every Dynasty dies eventually. FC had a terrific basketball program for 25 years and then went 15 years where they were horrible and now finally are a Basketball Power again.

Honestly, we’re just spoiled. If we don’t look like a top four team in our class, if we can’t beat Columbus North, or if we don’t win our conference games by 28+ points each then we get frustrated. I’ll admit those last two Markell Jones years really had me spoiled. If we weren’t beating HHC teams by 42 points or more then I thought there was something wrong with us. Lol

54 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

NA up 40-28 in the 4th vs Bloomington South. I knew NA was going to be very improved. Really good Junior Class. They’ll be scary next year. It appears they’re already getting there.

This really tells us nothing, the poor kids from Bloomington are no doubt scared for their very lives.  The mayor has shut down the city essentially indefinitely.  I doubt they let North drive to Lawrence County next Friday night.  🙄

54 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

NA up 40-28 in the 4th vs Bloomington South. I knew NA was going to be very improved. Really good Junior Class. They’ll be scary next year. It appears they’re already getting there.

Not trying to take anything away from New Albany but I wonder how Bloomington South looks now that Mo Moriarity is retired. You’d assume there’d be some sort of drop-off after losing a coaching legend.

4 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Honestly, we’re just spoiled. If we don’t look like a top four team in our class, if we can’t beat Columbus North, or if we don’t win our conference games by 28+ points each then we get frustrated. I’ll admit those last two Markell Jones years really had me spoiled. If we weren’t beating HHC teams by 42 points or more then I thought there was something wrong with us. Lol

Seems to me that East improves as the season progresses and North takes a step or two back.  

2 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Not trying to take anything away from New Albany but I wonder how Bloomington South looks now that Mo Moriarity is retired. You’d assume there’d be some sort of drop-off after losing a coaching legend.

They certainly struggled after his other departure

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, starbacker said:

Seems to me that East improves as the season progresses and North takes a step or two back. 

This is 100% true. North fans won’t admit it but the stats as well as the eye test prove that they are at their best the first few weeks of the season. It’s all downhill from there.