• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Simon Veeder

Wabash River Conference Week 7

Ok, I get the quad champs thing now!

FC beats NV and loses to Rville 6-2

NV loses to FC and beats Seeger 6-2

SV beats Attica and loses to Seeger 6-2

Attica loses to SV 6-2

yep, that is what it is!  Not sure there is a mathematical way to have tri-champs?  Someone smarter than me will have to figure that out!

Preposterous, never heard of such a thing!  You mean you don’t have to work all week but still can coach on Friday night?  Where do I sign up?

The thing about South having success as a 3A team in a 1A conference is the success won't necessarily prepare them for post season success. Don't get me wrong, the last few years the WRC has become more competitive from the top tier to the bottom tier, and in the past the WRC will produce a team that can beat some quality 2A and 3A teams, but the WRC just doesn't have 3A size and speed week in and week out that South will need to see in order to better prepare them come week 10 on. That's not a knock against the kids in the conference, its just the facts. They might start a string of conference championships, but it MIGHT not translate to IHSAA hardware. Hope it proves me wrong, I always thought of South as a Sleeping Giant with its proximity to Terre Haute.

30 minutes ago, aidiw_8504 said:

The thing about South having success as a 3A team in a 1A conference is the success won't necessarily prepare them for post season success. Don't get me wrong, the last few years the WRC has become more competitive from the top tier to the bottom tier, and in the past the WRC will produce a team that can beat some quality 2A and 3A teams, but the WRC just doesn't have 3A size and speed week in and week out that South will need to see in order to better prepare them come week 10 on. That's not a knock against the kids in the conference, its just the facts. They might start a string of conference championships, but it MIGHT not translate to IHSAA hardware. Hope it proves me wrong, I always thought of South as a Sleeping Giant with its proximity to Terre Haute.

Your points are exactly why I asked why they joined the WRC. Spot on. 

Someone’s gut feeling played out right.  Can they provide me the lottery numbers for Wednesday please. 😂

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SagamoreSage said:

Ok, I get the quad champs thing now!

FC beats NV and loses to Rville 6-2

NV loses to FC and beats Seeger 6-2

SV beats Attica and loses to Seeger 6-2

Attica loses to SV 6-2

yep, that is what it is!  Not sure there is a mathematical way to have tri-champs?  Someone smarter than me will have to figure that out!

You're putting way too much thought in this 

15 hours ago, OldSage said:

Preposterous, never heard of such a thing!  You mean you don’t have to work all week but still can coach on Friday night?  Where do I sign up?

The point is you don't wait until 3:00 on a Friday to make that decision. You give the coaches time to prepare for the scenario.

Edit: original post was not very nice. 

Edited by Woody Hayes
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Your points are exactly why I asked why they joined the WRC. Spot on. 

Well, look at it like this: around 2-a-days every team in the conference reported having lower than normal numbers. Then you have school that just moved up a class, with a new coach and staff that has a vision for the program and determination to change the culture. Resurgence equals numbers. the numbers will only go up for South Vermillion from here. Not to take anything away from South's talent, but their depth alone will be enough to win most games in the conference. 28 on a sideline with only 19 healthy will always have a uphill battle against 70 on the opposing sideline with 50 healthy.

1 hour ago, Woody Hayes said:

The point is you don't wait until 3:00 on a Friday to make that decision. You give the coaches time to prepare for the scenario.

Edit: original post was not very nice. 

But it was honest!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aidiw_8504 said:

With a buzzsaw Danville team coming to Clinton in round 1, your sentiments will never be highlighted more boldly. Talk about a jump in competition.....

Kinda reminds me when Southmont was in the WRC. They would go 10-0,9-1 or 8-2 every year and not make the playoffs cause they played 1A schools all season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Joe Kane said:

With a buzzsaw Danville team coming to Clinton in round 1, your sentiments will never be highlighted more boldly. Talk about a jump in competition.....

Beat me to the punch, Joe, great measuring stick game for SV, Danville has an exceptional team this year.  

Monrovia or Tri-West no picnic for the winner of that game, either.

Edited by gaby

2 hours ago, dodger said:

Kinda reminds me when Southmont was in the WRC. They would go 10-0,9-1 or 8-2 every year and not make the playoffs cause they played 1A schools all season.

The difference being Southmont was a new school and moved to the Sagamore when they knew they outgrew the WRC. 

3 hours ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

I'd say the FC folks are happy with the draw

First time in recent memory that NV has found themselves with somewhat of an unfavorable draw. Not much friction to be found in the second round for whichever team advances. 

Danville will beat SV by 40+, 50 or more if they want to!  Can you guys look up how many WRC titles SV won back in the days they used to be in....it won’t be very many!  You guys are all scared of nothing!

Not buying the talk of SV becoming a force in the WRC.  At this point in the year, they look to possibly be the best team in the conference.  Let's face it.....Fountain Central and North Vermillion do not have some of their better teams in recent memory.  Both FC & NV are pretty average and sloppy at times.  Attica is very average as well, similar to NV & FC.  The top teams in the conference are very down.   NV's performance against Attica was abysmal.  FC's performance against SV was equally as bad.  Watched both of these games on tape, and was shocked at how bad.  Will say that I was impressed with Conner Dunegan, SV's QB.  On Friday night against FC, he played more like I expected to see him play this year.  

At this point, I have no idea who will win the sectional between FC, NV, & Attica.  Whoever does, it will be the worst team to win that sectional in recent memory.  On a positive note, the regional opponent won't be anything special.  However, after watching film of these 3 teams, it would be hard to imagine them advancing out of the regional.  Stranger things have happened......I guess.....

On 9/30/2017 at 11:33 AM, Woody Hayes said:

Shout out to the North Central Parke/Rockville administration for screwing the Rockville kids last night. Waiting until three hours before game time to tell the head coach he wouldn't be allowed to coach the game is a totally unprofessional, B.S. move when you could've made that decision days earlier. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves for putting the kids in that type of situation. If I was a Rockville parent, I would be beyond livid about this situation.

It almost seems like a calculated move to tick off the head coach. Maybe they're already setting the stage to bring in their big dog as the first head coach of the Heritage Parke Wolves era. 

This is hard to believe.  Also, hearing rumors that an assistant coach in the conference might be interested in this job.  Sounds like this might be the first step of not showing support for Coach Batty, and possibly hiring a new coach from within the conference.  Hmmmm......

If they didn’t make that call until 3pm, then that is total BS, but I find that hard to believe?

7 hours ago, Reb08 said:

This is hard to believe.  Also, hearing rumors that an assistant coach in the conference might be interested in this job.  Sounds like this might be the first step of not showing support for Coach Batty, and possibly hiring a new coach from within the conference.  Hmmmm......

Interesting. I know NV and FC both have former head coaches on staff. Speaking of this consolidation, the TR faithful were so happy to win the "last one" over the Rox. I'll be looking forward to hearing from them on how they feel about the draw. 

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 11:24 AM, FCFAN1990 said:

Someone’s gut feeling played out right.  Can they provide me the lottery numbers for Wednesday please. 😂

I was thinking the same thing

18 hours ago, OldSage said:

Danville will beat SV by 40+, 50 or more if they want to!  Can you guys look up how many WRC titles SV won back in the days they used to be in....it won’t be very many!  You guys are all scared of nothing!

I don't think anyone's scared. But a 70+ roster with a good head coach will take its toll on 30 and under squads. 

On 9/30/2017 at 12:33 PM, Woody Hayes said:

Shout out to the North Central Parke/Rockville administration for screwing the Rockville kids last night. Waiting until three hours before game time to tell the head coach he wouldn't be allowed to coach the game is a totally unprofessional, B.S. move when you could've made that decision days earlier. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves for putting the kids in that type of situation. If I was a Rockville parent, I would be beyond livid about this situation.

It almost seems like a calculated move to tick off the head coach. Maybe they're already setting the stage to bring in their big dog as the first head coach of the Heritage Parke Wolves era. 

Not sure this is such a big deal. Assistant coaches should be as ready as the players. You never know when you might have to step up and be put in a position to lead. I think the coaches did fine and don't see how the out come would of been any different. The team came out and looked ready to play the first quarter and a half then started to make some mistakes. Same thing that's gone on most of the season!