• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street

Time for the draw and thought we might as well get this topic started....

Our favorite time of the year, luck of the draw instead of the seeding to create great games.

This sectional could have potential to be one of the best if we could seed the games.  Top 4 teams are 21-3 compared to the bottom 4 that are 8-16.  I know it the post season and anything can happen, and trust me, I love seeing a good upset... But we will see what happens..

As far as the sectional goes this is how I see it and I can 't wait to hear the other teams opinions...

Being the Homer of the #1 team in Class 2A, I see Eastbrook coming out of this sectional.  Always fun watching the road to get there though...

The current Sagarin ratings are below, could be very interesting once you start looking at strength of schedules.

Here's to hoping for an Eastbrook vs Rensselaer Central Championship game, let's see what the Ping Pong balls tell us this weekend and wishing all teams being 100% and ready to go for the tourney!  

blob.png.2199253f0f7af353704bbc17664c39f3.png

Don't sleep on Cass, they are well coached and have some very good kids. They can make some noise. 

1 hour ago, djbowzz said:

Time for the draw and thought we might as well get this topic started....

Our favorite time of the year, luck of the draw instead of the seeding to create great games.

This sectional could have potential to be one of the best if we could seed the games.  Top 4 teams are 21-3 compared to the bottom 4 that are 8-16.  I know it the post season and anything can happen, and trust me, I love seeing a good upset... But we will see what happens..

As far as the sectional goes this is how I see it and I can 't wait to hear the other teams opinions...

Being the Homer of the #1 team in Class 2A, I see Eastbrook coming out of this sectional.  Always fun watching the road to get there though...

The current Sagarin ratings are below, could be very interesting once you start looking at strength of schedules.

Here's to hoping for an Eastbrook vs Rensselaer Central Championship game, let's see what the Ping Pong balls tell us this weekend and wishing all teams being 100% and ready to go for the tourney!  

blob.png.2199253f0f7af353704bbc17664c39f3.png

You got the "champ trophy" icon for your Profile Picture.  HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE Mario fan.  I too see E-brook coming out of 35.

I am worried about a Cass RCHS Week 9 crossover game then week 10 sectional draw

We will find out a bit more as a couple Hoosier conference games tonight could make it more clear.   Looks to be either, Cass, Western, or perhaps Hamilton Heights for potential opponents. 

If we take care of Benton Central and LCC then we will finish 2nd in the West.   Last year there was a 3 way tie for 1st and I am not exactly sure how they untied it for seeding, but we wound up with HH for 5th/6th place game.  

Only schools I know is Delphi, played them multiple times,  Played Cass a few times in JV ball.   Been forever since we have been to Rochester.  Rest of the field??  Not a clue other then taking in the Eastbrook Ole Miss game when we played in Lucas Oil a few weeks back.  

I like Rensselaer Central to come out of this one.  Either them or Lewis Cass.

• Downvote 3

SECTIONAL 35 (EASTERN TIME)

Eastbrook [7-0]

Oct. 20      

Eastern (Howard) [5-2]      

Oct. 27    

Rensselaer [6-1]          

Oct. 20          

Taylor [2-5]          

Nov. 3    

Cass [4-3]          

Oct. 20          

Rochester [6-1]          

Oct. 27      

Oak Hill [1-6]      

Oct. 20      

Delphi [2-5]
  • Like 1

That drive to RC is going to stink!  Although it is a shorter drive than that drive to Whiting last year!  No matter what this path to Lucas Oil is gonna be a rough one, but I think the team is up to the challenge!!!

• Upvote 1

It only stinks if you go just a little bit farther towards Newton County and that glorious Fair Oaks Dairy Adventure:  I must stop by if in area, no joking.   But if the wind is right.......Look Out!!!  

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

It only stinks if you go just a little bit farther towards Newton County and that glorious Fair Oaks Dairy Adventure:  I must stop by if in area, no joking.   But if the wind is right.......Look Out!!!  

You can actually see a sign in a field on the southbound side of I-65 that says “Welcome to Jasper County, the Manure Capital of the Midwest.”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobref said:

You can actually see a sign in a field on the southbound side of I-65 that says “Welcome to Jasper County, the Manure Capital of the Midwest.”

I suppose that's better than what it was known for when I was in High School in the 70's. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Gonzoron said:

I suppose that's better than what it was known for when I was in High School in the 70's. 

#ditchweed

A lot of Jasper County lawyers made their living representing kids who came from all over the Midwest and got busted during “harvest” time, before they eradicated it.

• Upvote 1

On 10/1/2017 at 7:40 PM, bobref said:

He who puts liquid manure on fields should not put it too close to the home of someone near & dear to man who owns billboard along I-65! Especially when said man is a willing and able painter himself! :02_v:

I know Jasper County has crews that still go around spraying ditchweed, but as someone who works in an ag-related field I can tell you there is still A_LOT of ditchweed growing around Jasper County.

24 minutes ago, InTheTrench said:

I know Jasper County has crews that still go around spraying ditchweed, but as someone who works in an ag-related field I can tell you there is still A_LOT of ditchweed growing around Jasper County.

Stuff used to grow right alongside I-65 ... so I heard.

Edited by bobref

On 10/1/2017 at 7:40 PM, bobref said:

to be accurate:  The sign I pass driving from Crown Point 7 days a week during season says "welcome to Jasper county, the manure capital of Indiana"   

:13_v:

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

to be accurate:  The sign I pass driving from Crown Point 7 days a week during season says "welcome to Jasper county, the manure capital of Indiana"   

:13_v:

I was laughing too hard to get a really good look at it.

• Haha 1

the winner of EASTBROOK v Rensselaer in this one. I will Take EASTBROOK 

• Upvote 2

gotta go with the Panthers here, saw them last year in Indy and have a friend who's kid plays for them....Good luck to everyone in S35 though! 

just out of curiosity when I saw that Eastbrook has a 2+ hour drive to their opening match, I googled Eastbrook to Whiting and knew it had to be quite a drive because Google Maps brought up the option for flying out of Ft Wayne vs driving lmao

• Upvote 2

On 9/29/2017 at 3:53 PM, XStar said:

I'm sticking with this.  

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

On 9/29/2017 at 3:53 PM, XStar said:

I like Eastbrook to come out of this one. Either them or nobody else. Just thought I'd reply so Xchild could down vote another one of my posts.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Eastbrook wins 56-7. Listening to the radio, they said Barajas had 6 TD's and over 430 all-purpose yards. That kid is good.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bombers won 66-0    

Eastbrook has a very very nice team from what I saw when I visited vs Ole Miss.   Can't wait to get into film over the weekend, probably be having some serious night terrors with #22 speed !!!   Mercy he looked fast a few weeks back and his stats are video game numbers. 

Have a great week Panther folks:  Hit me up with any questions about the way of the land in Jasper county.  But if you come over and do not HAVE a wagonmaster, well thats on you!!!  

• Upvote 5