Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 6

3 minutes ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

That’s not pathetic, if that labels your season a success then that is. 

So by that definition, apparently Parke Heritage was a pathetic team last year. And all those records set last year in Rockville didn't mean anything.

They were just 10-2 along with being Sectional and Conference runners-up. That is nothing to call pathetic. A lot of coaches go their whole careers and programs play year in and year out without getting there. 

For the Wolves I imagine building on last year's "success" (or lack there of apparently) would be a goal of theirs this year. The WRC championship might be gone, but I'm sure they can still look forward to competing for the Sectional championship. 

In my experience, individual success and team success usually go hand in hand. Sometimes you have to determine what a successful season is going to look like before the season and try to reach those goals. And each year you add new ones. That's what you call building a program. 

1 hour ago, Bear54 said:

So by that definition, apparently Parke Heritage was a pathetic team last year. And all those records set last year in Rockville didn't mean anything.

They were just 10-2 along with being Sectional and Conference runners-up. That is nothing to call pathetic. A lot of coaches go their whole careers and programs play year in and year out without getting there. 

For the Wolves I imagine building on last year's "success" (or lack there of apparently) would be a goal of theirs this year. The WRC championship might be gone, but I'm sure they can still look forward to competing for the Sectional championship. 

In my experience, individual success and team success usually go hand in hand. Sometimes you have to determine what a successful season is going to look like before the season and try to reach those goals. And each year you add new ones. That's what you call building a program. 

Absolutely. As a parent, last 2 years have been nothing but mediocre. Players, coaches, and community would say the same!

Why would you not want to win every championship available?  I would say a conference championship is the start, then you want to win sectional, regional, semistate and state, but you can't say you haven't had a successful year if you ONLY win the conference.  Whether the conference is down or not, it is still a championship.

I'd have to disagree on the comment about it being pathetic.  

On 9/28/2020 at 2:29 PM, Oldbleacherfan said:

Being one of the very largest 2A schools, having D1 athletes, and a coach like Barrett.....and it’s a success to win the WRC in its weakest year in the last 15 years, by a single touchdown. 

Hopefully Barrett is pushing for more, your kids and community deserve it, and so does his legacy. Ask woody Hayes, Brian Moore, or Herb King if winning a conference title Is a success if you don’t win a sectional. 

good grief. 

does Sv stand a chance in the sectional? Who are they in with?

South Vermillion's toughest opponent in their 2A sectional will likely be Western Boone....I don't see any other team stopping them this year but the Stars.

• 4 weeks later...