• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Howe

1A Season Progress

Perhaps you should access that link again and take a closer look.

Does Indianapolis Lutheran have a strength of schedule ranked 140?

Is South Adams ranked among the top 10 and is their strength of schedule ranked 99?

I don't need to take a closer look.  Yes Lutheran's SOS is 140 and yes South Adams is ranked #8 and has an SOS of 99.  Go to that link, click on Sagarin ratings by class, then scroll down to the 1A list.  The teams are ranked beginning with #1 Winamac.  The second column shows their strength of schedule rank.

A good place to go for Sagarin's is directly to the source: http://sagarin.com/sports/hsfsend.htm.

It is usually updated very quickly after Friday night games ... usually within 24 hours.

Edited by foxbat

A good place to go for Sagarin's is directly to the source: http://sagarin.com/sports/hsfsend.htm.

It is usually updated very quickly after Friday night games ... usually within 24 hours.

As an ignorant Sagarin observer, how does Sagarin take into account interesting circumstances like Carroll having forfeited those games? Do they just keep it as if they had won the games (because they are obviously closer to 6-3 than 3-6 in the grand scheme of things).

Really?

Interesting.

Good luck to Linton in "sectionals" 48.

Howe - well hush my mouth!  I was going to Harrell's website and in the bottom right hand side of the homepage it has Sagarin ratings and shows they are updated through Oct 18.  I clicked on ratings by class and the list I printed  (and SOS) is what it shows.  However, clicking on the Sagarin ratings that shows Sagarin's page, you sir are correct in saying what I listed is incorrect.  I wonder why Harrell shows something different?  That site is usually up to date with what Sagarin's lists and as foxbat said it is updated every Saturday.  MY APOLOGIES FOR THE CONFUSION.  I guess I'll have to start looking at the exact list and not take Harrell's word for it.  Best of  luck to the boys of fall at Howe in the tourney.  I've got a feeling this year is going to be a good one.

As an ignorant Sagarin observer, how does Sagarin take into account interesting circumstances like Carroll having forfeited those games? Do they just keep it as if they had won the games (because they are obviously closer to 6-3 than 3-6 in the grand scheme of things).

Good question. Some of the algorithm is done on point spread, so win-loss is "built-in;" however, others like SOS are based on actual win-loss column. I'll have to check around and see if there's some info on that.

I'm in the same boat.  I know the they don't count out of state games toward the ranks either.

Really?

Interesting.

Good luck to Linton in "sectionals" 48.

Let it go, it has grown old and stale.  One auto correct on a phone, and it has run it's course.  Get over it.

• Upvote 1

Last Coaches Poll of the Year  !!!

1A

1. Winamac (9)99
2. North Vermillion (1) 91
3. Whiting 77
4. Northeastern 70
5. Pioneer 58
6. Tri-Central41
7. Linton Stockton 40
t-8. Attica 23
t-8. Indianapolis Lutheran 23
10. Fountain Central15

Others Receiving Votes:
North Knox (5), West Central (4), LaVille (2), Monroe Central
(1), Rockville (1)

http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/foot2014/week10-poll.pdf

Edited by EFB

West Central still getting love?  They are in a tail spin the last few weeks.  

Edited by Hogleg

Wabash River and Midwest Conferences looking good.  5 out of 10!

What are the best 1st round match-ups in the tourney?  Any ranked teams facing off?  I believe Attica and Fountain Central clash, but are there any others?

South Adams at Adams Central

West Washington at South Putnam

What are the best 1st round match-ups in the tourney?  Any ranked teams facing off?  I believe Attica and Fountain Central clash, but are there any others?

Winamac at West Central, but like Hogleg said, it probably won't be much of a contest.

They aren't ranked, but North Daviess and Perry Central play in round 1. Always a tight game for at least 4 quarters when these two get together. Should be a slugfest. Attica and Fountain Central should be a very interesting game as well!

They aren't ranked, but North Daviess and Perry Central play in round 1. Always a tight game for at least 4 quarters when these two get together. Should be a slugfest. Attica and Fountain Central should be a very interesting game as well!

Yep.  The past few years have been slugfests.

That video on the Deaf School is awesome!  We played them a few years back and I have never seen such dedicated coaches and players in my life.  Andy Alka is a great man.

• Upvote 2

Truly awesome indeed.  This is why I never try to degrade any high school football program..ever.  These are just kids.. some who put forth an effort in not the most favorable situations or conditions...  I will always think of that little clip when I see or hear an Indy Deaf score!  Great job!

• Upvote 1

Didn't we(Linton) play them a few times back in the day.

I agree, the video is awesome.

Good question. Some of the algorithm is done on point spread, so win-loss is "built-in;" however, others like SOS are based on actual win-loss column. I'll have to check around and see if there's some info on that.

In digging a little more, it looks like Sagarin focuses on the purity of the games played and not the admin corrections. For example, Carroll is still listed at 6-3,for their record, despite their forfeits. Clinton Prairie is listed as 1-7 which accounts for the fact that they did not play in Week 9 due to their forfeit.

To some extent it makes sense if we think about the post-season because Sagarin ratings continue on even as teams are knocked out of the post-season, so all teams don't have the same base number of games against their Sagarin rating. The one potential fault that I see with purity angle is that, in the case of a forfeit, if the reasoning is substantial to the functionality of the team, then the Sagarin number is going to be off. For example,a team's QB doesn't make grades, yet plays and the team forfeits. If that kid is removed for grades, it has a much bigger impact n that team's future performance than a team that has to forfeit because a JV player played one quarter more than they should have that week when the team emptied the bench in a lopsided win.

Didn't we(Linton) play them a few times back in the day.

I agree, the video is awesome.

I don't ever recall Linton playing the Deaf School.   Dugger has for several years... I think maybe Eastern Greene did in their early years not sure.

The little things mean a lot, just look at South Putnam this week against West Washington,  SP will be without their star RB Lucas Lorian who got two personal foul penalities on the same play against Cascade, last week.

This probably changes the prospects of SP chances of winning against West Washington, if so, sad way to end an illustrious HS football career for one of the better RB's in 1A.

He high stepped into the end zone after a 50 yard TD run, then after getting flagged for that, he said something to the official and was given another. 

Not sure you can replace a RB like Lorian in a week against a good opponent like WW.  Lorian's productions this year:  1,480 total yards  http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/lucas-lorian/BbmMnPTyEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/gendersport/football-stats.htm#year=14-15

Edited by EFB

I don't ever recall Linton playing the Deaf School.   Dugger has for several years... I think maybe Eastern Greene did in their early years not sure.

You may be correct.  I'll do some digging and see.  Seems I can remember a time or two, because of the bass drum.

Edited by 300Game

Just wondering how Indiana Deaf is able to play the teams they play with the travel restriction that the IHSAA has?  I see they went to Alabama and Maryland this year.

Just wondering how Indiana Deaf is able to play the teams they play with the travel restriction that the IHSAA has?  I see they went to Alabama and Maryland this year.

Because they have a waiver from the IHSAA, to play some deaf schools in other states.  I think just playing Indiana Deaf would be a good experience for any team.  This year ID has a very good passing combo they lead or almost lead the nation in passing and receptions:  They represent Indiana very well amoung Deaf Schools in other states:  http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/indiana-school-for-the-deaf-deaf-hoosiers-%28indianapolis,in%29/football/home.htm

Dante Paulone of ID is 3rd in the nation in reception yardage with 1284, he leads the state in total reception yardage.    The QB Preston Kelley 2285 yards passing 4th in the state all Classes

http://www.maxpreps.com/list/stat_leaders.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&state=in

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by EFB

You can't help but respect what ISD is doing.  They were at our MS 7-on-7 this summer and scrimmaged our 7th grade in the preseason.  They are giving their kids the same experiences and it was interesting to watch them at work.  There were also some decent athletes on the field for their MS team.  I can see why they are having some success.

You may be correct.  I'll do some digging and see.  Seems I can remember a time or two, because of the bass drum.

Ok, the stat god from since I can remember, Darren Clayton, said that he can't recall us ever playing them.

1A Sack Leaders:  Does your QB hear footsteps? 

Avione Johnson has 10.5 on the season he plays for Indy Howe

Kyle Whitsel of Union City has 10.0

Jake Mosher of North White also has 10

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/football/defense,sacks/indiana/division-a/NorA_Mgv3E2KJnko4hAeWw/stat-leaders.htm?classyear=all&position=all

Who tackles a lot for what team?

Andrew Steffey North Daviess  146 total Tackles

Mitch Reed Winamac 139 total Tackles

Chase Hockey Lookout for this guy from Cambridge City Lincoln just a freshman with 136 total Tackles

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/football/defense,tackles/indiana/division-a/NorA_Mgv3E2KJnko4hAeWw/stat-leaders.htm?classyear=all&position=all

Brad Woodard of Southern Wells has NO competitionj when it comes to Interceptions he has 10

http://www.maxpreps.com/leaders/football/defense,interceptions/indiana/division-a/NorA_Mgv3E2KJnko4hAeWw/stat-leaders.htm?classyear=all&position=all

Edited by EFB