• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
titandad1971

Gibson Southern @ Princeton

You're trapped in a room with an angry grizzly bear, a hungry Lion, and a Princeton fan. You have a gun with two bullets. What should you do?

You shoot the Princeton fan twice.

You shoot the Princeton fan twice.

I thought this was a trick question, from the looks of this forum there is no such thing as a "princeton fan"

Princeton, Indiana News Report: Football practice in hated city was delayed on Monday for nearly two hours. One of the offensive players, while on his way to the locker room, happened to look down and notice a suspicious looking, unknown, white powdery substance on the practice field. Coach Schenk, immediately suspended practice while the FBI was called in to investigate. After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the while substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed when the FBI decided that the team would not be likely to encounter the substance again.

• Upvote 1

Titan fans let's all be real honest shall we.........GS 56 Princeton 13 and that's with Princeton scoring late.  That outcome is expected and anything less should not be acceptable.  I love reading the heated debates between Titan's 54, 32 and 76 with the two Princeton faithful, but the only thing I struggle with is this:  Why is everyone in South Gibson County talking about how great Titan football is now and will be??  Great programs are not measured by a flash in the pan, or one or two good seasons.  They are measured with LONG term success.  Take the Patriots from Spencer County, 24 conference, 11 sectional, 8 regional, 2 semi state and 1 state championships to their record with a pretty impressive 58 game winning streak squeezed in there!! Maybe talk about Mater Dei with their conference success and tournament success being a 2A school.  But let's wait a while before we crown GS football the next great dynasty, if you don't mind.  So good luck Friday with the Tigers, I hope all athletes stay safe and the stands are packed.  

• Upvote 2

Princeton, Indiana News Report: Football practice in hated city was delayed on Monday for nearly two hours. One of the offensive players, while on his way to the locker room, happened to look down and notice a suspicious looking, unknown, white powdery substance on the practice field. Coach Schenk, immediately suspended practice while the FBI was called in to investigate. After a complete field analysis, the FBI determined that the while substance unknown to the players was the goal line. Practice was resumed when the FBI decided that the team would not be likely to encounter the substance again.

LOL!! Day made.  

Titan fans let's all be real honest shall we.........GS 56 Princeton 13 and that's with Princeton scoring late. That outcome is expected and anything less should not be acceptable. I love reading the heated debates between Titan's 54, 32 and 76 with the two Princeton faithful, but the only thing I struggle with is this: Why is everyone in South Gibson County talking about how great Titan football is now and will be?? Great programs are not measured by a flash in the pan, or one or two good seasons. They are measured with LONG term success. Take the Patriots from Spencer County, 24 conference, 11 sectional, 8 regional, 2 semi state and 1 state championships to their record with a pretty impressive 58 game winning streak squeezed in there!! Maybe talk about Mater Dei with their conference success and tournament success being a 2A school. But let's wait a while before we crown GS football the next great dynasty, if you don't mind. So good luck Friday with the Tigers, I hope all athletes stay safe and the stands are packed.

We are now in the midst of our third good season and many have been working with our feeder program to continue to improve our program for the foreseeable future.

Over three years ago, several titan fans predicted the rise of titan football to the current level. They were laughed at and called dellusional, but it seems their predictions were true. So maybe when we say Titan football will be the dominant program in the pac, you will give that some consideration. The term "decade of dominance" best describes what is to come....but more importantly if I were you, I would stop complaining about the Jasper call and about how the titan fans are proud of their program and worry about North Posey. They are a very physical team, and will give HH a battle.

Titan fans let's all be real honest shall we.........GS 56 Princeton 13 and that's with Princeton scoring late. That outcome is expected and anything less should not be acceptable. I love reading the heated debates between Titan's 54, 32 and 76 with the two Princeton faithful, but the only thing I struggle with is this: Why is everyone in South Gibson County talking about how great Titan football is now and will be?? Great programs are not measured by a flash in the pan, or one or two good seasons. They are measured with LONG term success. Take the Patriots from Spencer County, 24 conference, 11 sectional, 8 regional, 2 semi state and 1 state championships to their record with a pretty impressive 58 game winning streak squeezed in there!! Maybe talk about Mater Dei with their conference success and tournament success being a 2A school. But let's wait a while before we crown GS football the next great dynasty, if you don't mind. So good luck Friday with the Tigers, I hope all athletes stay safe and the stands are packed.

Mr. Technology strikes again! I agree HH and Jasper have set standards for program consistency. I thought 56 to 7 was realistic, but a late score is almost expected. Princeton also has a weapon in the return game. I would rather this be a close game, each team working hard to come out on top. Right now, it's not the case.

I understand the past is important, however some teams want to always point to thier past to proclaim themselves as a dominant program. I do understand 24 Conference, 11 Sectional, 8 regional, 2 semi state and 1 state championship -- in the PAST this has been impressive. However the very near past has included in 2012 a 5-5 record with a 2013 record of 2-8. My only point is regardless of the past, here in the present one team in the PAC is dominate. I do not see how that is disputed.

Titan 76 I am glad to know that you are a fortune teller, and can tell us all who will be the dominant team in the conference.  Because of your talents of soothsaying I will no doubt consider how great GS will be for the long term.  As to your dialogue about my complaining....1) simply stating facts about HH vs Jasper.  Bad call, changed the game, film speaks for itself....2) I never spoke negatively about proud fans of GS, simply trying to shed some light as to what "great programs" and traditions are.  No doubt you should be proud of your young men........3)  Would never look past NP because they are the team that knocked HH off of the PAC thrown long before you were on the forum!!  And lastly oh oracle of knowledge..........do you have any hints about the powerball tonight? 

• Upvote 1

Titan fans let's all be real honest shall we.........GS 56 Princeton 13 and that's with Princeton scoring late.  That outcome is expected and anything less should not be acceptable.  I love reading the heated debates between Titan's 54, 32 and 76 with the two Princeton faithful, but the only thing I struggle with is this:  Why is everyone in South Gibson County talking about how great Titan football is now and will be??  Great programs are not measured by a flash in the pan, or one or two good seasons.  They are measured with LONG term success.  Take the Patriots from Spencer County, 24 conference, 11 sectional, 8 regional, 2 semi state and 1 state championships to their record with a pretty impressive 58 game winning streak squeezed in there!! Maybe talk about Mater Dei with their conference success and tournament success being a 2A school.  But let's wait a while before we crown GS football the next great dynasty, if you don't mind.  So good luck Friday with the Tigers, I hope all athletes stay safe and the stands are packed.  

I'm not sure a Princeton - Gibson Southern thread is the place for a HH parent to make an effort to remind us of the past dominance of the HH program.  Anyone who loves high school football in Southwestern Indiana is fully aware of this fact...and quite frankly...we were pround of you when you beat Chatard etc.  However, the great thing about 3A football is the rise and fall of programs in the state.  If I were you I would hope HH gets back to where it once was ....particularily if I had a kid on the team.  I wish you the best of luck.  We will try to keep our enthusiasm to a minimium as to not disrespect your past history... :wacko:

When was the last time Princeton was competitive vs GS?  

I get it's a rivalry but 6 pages for a team that hasn't held GS under 50 points since 09 and hasn't beat them on the field since 01 seems ......interesting to say the least.  

Are we that bored down south??  

When was the last time Princeton was competitive vs GS?  

I get it's a rivalry but 6 pages for a team that hasn't held GS under 50 points since 09 and hasn't beat them on the field since 01 seems ......interesting to say the least.  

Are we that bored down south??  

Coach Nowlin....as you know county rivalies can be intense anywhere in the state.  They carry over sport to sport.  Princeton has dominated us in Basketball over a similar time period so we are always after each other!

I guess my issues is the AMOUNT OF BOGUS accounts that have come flooding in this week.   A lot of wasted time and energy for this rivalry 

• Upvote 1

I guess my issues is the AMOUNT OF BOGUS accounts that have come flooding in this week.   A lot of wasted time and energy for this rivalry 

Oh I see....suddenly a lot of 17 year old Princeton kids want to join GID.  LOL

Sorry about that.

Edited by Titan32

Sunshine thanks for making my point even more valid....GS football history: 2011 4-7, 2010 4-6, 2009 4-7, 2008 4-6, 2007 7-3, 2006 6-5, 2005 5-6, 2004 5-6......So taking all that into consideration the last decade your record is 63-50.  Obviously HH has had two seasons in recent years where the record was not good, coming from a football tradition we know that, understand that and will make the proper adjustments. I was just trying to inform readers that it takes time to become a "great program" that's all.

As as been discussed in the past, this game is a huge $$ maker for the athletic department of both schools. But Imo this game should be dropped off the schedule, adding a more competitive opponent i.e. Mater Dei, Jasper, Mt. Carmel. ... the teams could meet in sectionals.

Edited by titandad1971

Titan 32 I was not trying to be disrespectful and also thought that this was a forum open to anyone who is a football fan.  I am one.  I know about rivalries, I know about enthusiasm, per my comments about HH and Jasper.  I enjoy reading commentary, especially between two rival fan bases, and sometimes joining in the fun.  

Coach Nowlin, it's been awhile since it was competitive.  Since this is a non-conference game I would prefer to see GS replace Princeton on our schedule with a Jasper, Mt. Carmel, Reitz, Mater Dei, etc.  Win or lose, I think our team would benefit by playing a 4A/5A larger school (I know Mater Dei is 2A) but because it's a county rivalry game and highly attended it won't happen.

Jwilk74, there is no denying the great programs like Jasper, Heritage Hills, etc. and in no way are GS fans saying we even deserve to be mentioned among those programs.  If you look at where GS has been as a football program to where it is today and hopefully will continue to be that fans are understandably excited about the team.  Do some fans go overboard with their comments, sure but I can assure you the majority of GS fans are not that way and are very humble as we know the other side.  I don't think GS fans need to apologize for being excited about their team when we saw this coming despite others saying success at lower levels doesn't mean it will translate to HS.  GS has a long way to go and much to accomplish before the program can get to the Jasper or Heritage Hills level.    

As as been discussed in the past, this game is a huge $$ maker for the athletic department of both schools. But Imo this game should be dropped off the schedule, adding a more competitive opponent i.e. Mater Dei, Jasper, Mt. Carmel. ... the teams could meet in sectionals.

that is one of the dumbest post i have seen on here. you have had two good seasons and you think your ready to get a new schedule. Princeton and Gibson southern have played since Gibson southern got there football team. I would agree with you if you went to state every year but two good seasons. LOL 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1