• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
Sign in to follow this  
titandad1971

Gibson Southern (5-0) hosts Heritage Hills (4-1)

Looks like the titans finally get tested?

Oops missed this thread Sorry.

Edited by dave mosbey

I hid my thread and will past it here.

Heritage Hills 4-1 at Gibson Southern 5-0.

This season the Patriots are averaging 36.2 points per game and giving up 11.6 points per game While the high scoring No Huddle offense of Gibson Southern averages 59.4 points per game and is only giving up 7.4 points per game.

This will be a tough test for Heritage Hills and the opportunity to play the favorite in sectional 32.After starting 2-3 each of the last two seasons I'm very  happy with the 4-1 start but know this will be the toughest opponent the Patriots have faced this season and the Titans will most likely be heavy favorites  in this game as they continue to dominate every team they face.

History
Heritage Hills leads the overall series 28-7. The Patriots also faced two teams that consolidated into Gibson in the 1972 and 1973 seasons and went 0-2 VS. Fort Branch and 1-1 VS. Haubstadt.

The Titans won the first 3 meetings between these two schools and  have  won  3 of the last 4 meetings including the last two. The Patriots haven’t won at Fort Branch since the 2008 season.

These two teams have played 5 overtimes in the series  including a 7-0 five overtime game in 1982. 

P.S. This will probable be my last post in this thread until after the game.

I know... Everyone missed me... don't worry... I will keep my predictions going the rest of the season.... you're welcome.

I hid my thread and will past it here.

Heritage Hills 4-1 at Gibson Southern 5-0.

This season the Patriots are averaging 36.2 points per game and giving up 11.6 points per game While the high scoring No Huddle offense of Gibson Southern averages 59.4 points per game and is only giving up 7.4 points per game.

This will be a tough test for Heritage Hills and the opportunity to play the favorite in sectional 32.After starting 2-3 each of the last two seasons I'm very  happy with the 4-1 start but know this will be the toughest opponent the Patriots have faced this season and the Titans will most likely be heavy favorites  in this game as they continue to dominate every team they face.

History
Heritage Hills leads the overall series 28-7. The Patriots also faced two teams that consolidated into Gibson in the 1972 and 1973 seasons and went 0-2 VS. Fort Branch and 1-1 VS. Haubstadt.

The Titans won the first 3 meetings between these two schools and  have  won  3 of the last 4 meetings including the last two. The Patriots haven’t won at Fort Branch since the 2008 season.

These two teams have played 5 overtimes in the series  including a 7-0 five overtime game in 1982. 

P.S. This will probable be my last post in this thread until after the game.

Hi Dave,

Did you guys every play Owensville?  Gibson Southern is actually a consolidation of Fort Branch, Haubstadt and Owensville.

Hi Dave,

Did you guys every play Owensville?  Gibson Southern is actually a consolidation of Fort Branch, Haubstadt and Owensville.

Almost 50 and memory is fading :lol:  Yes 2-0 VS. Owensville. I kind of lied now about not posting until after the game but anawering questions is different :P

• Upvote 2

I agree jhswildcat79aks that a good defense will shut down a good offense but IMO GS defense is better than their offense. I truly hope that HH will bring it to the Titans next Friday. They need someone to push them all 4 quarters.

Calpreps has it:

neutral field
[2014] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 42, [2014] Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 28

I expect a lot of fight from HH....but I don't think it will be as close as Calpreps or Harrell say....none of our games have been so far.

Edited by Titan32

But then again you haven't played anybody that is as good as Heritage Hills.  North Posey is as close as it gets but they still are not too strong.

I agree jhswildcat79aks that a good defense will shut down a good offense but IMO GS defense is better than their offense. I truly hope that HH will bring it to the Titans next Friday. They need someone to push them all 4 quarters.

gs will run into the same problem a lot of programs have if they have blowouts the majority of the time, you never know how they will respond farther down the line when they get pushed to the limit because they haven't had to face adversity....the last two weeks have opened the cats coaches eyes(i won't speak for the kids , time will tell if they have had theirs opened). coaching softball teams for a number of years i always told the guys....anyone can play good when things are going good, to be successful we have to learn how to play good when they aren't going well. i refused to let my guys bitch about the umpires, bad calls happen, just like errors on the players happen. you have to be able to compartmentalize the bad calls and not let them effect the way you play.dealing with adverse conditions is what advancing to los is all about. the great teams roll with the punches and keep plugging away. that said, the alices did just that the other night. kudos to them.

Edited by jhswildcat79aks

This group has been tested...but not officially this year.  Get your popcorn ready...I wouldn't bet against the test going badly.  I would hope Heritage Hills plays GS close to if I were Jasper.  But wait....we can never play so I'm sure no one would ever let that enter their mind. That's probably why their are no Jasper posters on this thread.

as a gid poster i thought i was allowed to add input, i can remove my post if it offends you. if you look back before the jasper-hh game i said that i thought the patriots were much improved from last year, just as i have been saying all year that vinn is on the rise, i have seen nothing in the last two weeks that has changed my mind about either school. i made my statement on here based on what i have seen from heritage hills over the course of the season. if you can find a statement on here where i have A.. run down the titans, or 2. said that jasper is the top team  in the area please feel free to pull them up. i believe i made one at the beginning of the year that said they had the cats a little high.

Edited by jhswildcat79aks

This game will be awesome. Standing room only.

Looks like those sideline passes I won at auction might have went for more if we had know how this season was going to play out!

Have not seen HH play this year but looking at their stats it seems that they have improved some from watching them play last year against GS. I have however seen GS play several times and just from my obsevations the Titans are much better on the offensive side and in my opinion twice as good on defense, their D is incredible. Not going to say HH won't make it a game because I havn't seen them but it will take almost a perfect effort for them to beat GS.

Is GS going to sustain success for multiple years, or is this a case of a once in a decade or 2 class of Jrs and Srs? They do have a good coaching from everything I've heard. Still waiting for some of my inside info on more specifics, but I know they are the real deal. I saw them the past two years in person. Offense is so creative, explosive and they have some awesome kids.They are very, very good. Glad to see they finally have a good program. I have family there.

Right now 11th down through 3rd grade look really solid. ;)

Since the current Juniors were in 7th grade the Middle School program is 75-3.

Edited by Titan32