Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Frankton vs. Lapel

Frankton vs. Lapel could be a good match up as any in the CIC this week. What are your predictions?

Lapel- looked to handle a former CIC team Wabash just like every CIC team used to do. Not sure this is a good guage of how good Lapel is or isn't. 

Frankton- I was surprised to see that score for opening the/old field for the legend of that community. Looked like Tipton could do whatever they wanted whenever they wanted. I thought things were going to change with a new staff? I know first game but I hope they get back to the type of Football otis always had on that field. 

My prediction Lapel 21-14.

If Frankton can eliminate the big plays on Defense it could be a good game.  Last week against Tipton, giving up the long run and the kickoff return really hurt.  The Eagles are still trying to figure out how to win.  In the big picture I saw improvement over the past 2 seasons.  Its just going to take some time.  The past 2 seasons of 1-9 dont help.       Lapel 30- Frankton 14

18 hours ago, irishuncle411 said:

Tipton is good.  I wouldn't judge a new staff too harshly just yet.  Lapel's RB is pretty legit and they have the skill guys to complement him.  What does Frankton have returning?  What are they running on offense/defense with the new regime?

Lookes like from what I saw on film lots of I and Pro formations, looked to try and use speed of RB/slot from last year that had good speed to get outside. Tipton D-line seemed to quick for Frankton O-line. Frankton might have more luck if the guards could get quicker with some traps with how much penitration Tipton was getting. Week 1 tho so hoping for big improvements. 

Rumor has it Marty Wells (former Elwood coach) is behind the scenes helping just not on staff. If this is the case could be beneficial for this program. Why would Elwood let him go? Program was at least 500 when he was coaching.