Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CG/Cathedral at Arlington????

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Arlington 7000 No way even close to that. There is no way that the visitor side can handle the crowed CG can bring. Maybe CG should get the home side and Cathedral gets the visitor side because they love standing at the fence.

ST. Xavier 7,000

StXavier.thumb.png.794fe2e7022529411fb681207779c329.png

Center Grove 6000  Some Claim up to 7000, Home side 26 rows, end zone 18 rows, visitors 11 rows 

CenterGrove.PNG.2bcfd19d4a337cc2f988d4d6b0d87e58.PNG

Arlington Seats ????,  Home side 21 rows, visitor side 13 rows, end zone 0

Arlington.thumb.png.83360dbab2bfdce6c88f83fe11eab174.png

I bet you can squeeze 3500 on the Cathedral home side and another ~1200 on the Center Grove side. And then another ~2500 around the fences. Agree it's less than ideal, especially if you want to sit and enjoy the game, but they can fit close to 7000 in the venue if they wanted to. I wouldn't be surprised to see temp bleachers rented out between the 10 and 30's on the vistors side. 

I guess the real question is: How many fans is Center Grove planning on bringing? The game two years ago at Tech (where there is more than adequate seating)  was barely half full. Center Grove brought maybe 1000, 1500 tops and remember being told on this same board that it was due to Fall Break. Looking at Center Grove's school calendar, this game once again falls under Center Grove's Fall Break Schedule. I imagine Cathedral will be adding a set of temporary bleachers on the visitors side (which isn't hard to do) and in that case would be the same size, if not bigger than Center Grove's current vistor's set up. Do visiting fans of Center Grove act the way Center Grove fans have in the same regard? 

I imagine Cathedral will probably have somewhere between 4000-5000 fans. 3500-4000 in the bleachers on the home side and the rest filled out along the fence. Unless Center Grove is planning on bringing 4000+ fans (they aren't) this isn't going to be as problematic as most are making it out to be. Cathedral barely has 1200 students, they don't need a stadium that seats 7000-8000k. 

Edited by Footballking16

On 9/17/2021 at 10:29 AM, Footballking16 said:

I agree, Tech has a phenomenal facility. Not sure it is an option to Cathedral anymore.

Just thought it was ironic for a Roncalli fan of all people to chime in. Roncalli dropped Cathedral after a few drubbings awhile back and now wants to dictate where Cathedral hosts a game? 

Ha.  Now that if funny...and true!

On 9/17/2021 at 11:29 AM, Grover said:

I don't know for sure but it's hard to imagine there not being a webcast of that game.  I'm just hoping they let CG's crew handle it instead of the "pros" that we have had to suffer through at least a couple times already.

The video quality of the CG crew is top notch.  The "homerism" (to be expected I guess) of the color guy in particular (Kitchel?) is way over the top for this guy however.

4 hours ago, Jon said:

Arlington 7000 No way even close to that. There is no way that the visitor side can handle the crowed CG can bring. Maybe CG should get the home side and Cathedral gets the visitor side because they love standing at the fence.

It wasn't that long ago that Center Grove had a very small Visitors bleachers (only a few years from renovation that increased Visitor seating). Prior to the renovation CG was a 6A school with visitor seating comparable to that of some 3A schools. It always has been a beautiful facility was lacking Visitor bleachers until renovation. Only point is the game shall go on, what matters is the 2 teams playing and the playing surface (field) albeit Natural grass will be more than adequate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 3:07 PM, temptation said:

The video quality of the CG crew is top notch.  The "homerism" (to be expected I guess) of the color guy in particular (Kitchel?) is way over the top for this guy however.

Kevin Conrad is a top-notch play-by-play person and a great guy. It's the CG home broadcast, so you get what you get! 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 10:05 AM, StatQueen said:

Just say that where this game is.  What a joke!!!  I'm so glad Roncalli doesn't have to play the irish there!!!  That game should be at U Indy or CG, or anywhere else that can actually host the event properly!  I heard the Chatard game last week was a awful there.  No parking. Just ridiculous!  They're probably looking for any advantage they can get.  Playing on a crowned crappy grass surface will be an obstacle for any team, but the irish get 4 or 5 practice games before the CG game.  They'll still lose, but it stinks that this game doesn't receive the proper environment it should. Maybe they'll make some $ on the webcast???  Is that technology even accessible there??? 

Joke!

Update for you @StatQueen

The overflow lot at the retail center on 46th and Arlington has a new 100 yard pond in it currently equipped with 30-50 Canadian geese. I put some orange pylons at the 3 spots next to it for your reserved parking in case you're late. 
You better not drive your Range Rover either.

Also, bring your Tide sticks because your Trojans might get a grass stain or two on our "crappy grass surface". 

51 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

The overflow lot at the retail center on 46th and Arlington has a new 100 yard pond in it currently equipped with 30-50 Canadian geese. I put some orange pylons at the 3 spots next to it for your reserved parking in case you're late. 

Also, bring your Tide sticks because your Trojans might get a grass stain or two on our "crappy grass surface". 

What part of Roncalli in his profile do you not understand?

No dog in this fight, I haven't read the first thing negative about the field from a CG fan.  Guessing you know that.  Its been brought to your attention repeatedly.

I sense you like to stir things up.....talk is cheap.

3 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I guess they have to wear there Red pants 

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

What part of Roncalli in his profile do you not understand?

No dog in this fight, I haven't read the first thing negative about the field from a CG fan.  Guessing you know that.  Its been brought to your attention repeatedly.

I sense you like to stir things up.....talk is cheap.

Lighten up a little. Easy to tell it was all in fun.

You just made the List! - Francis stripes | Meme Generator

19 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

7472BE41-0059-4D43-851E-941E18461C3D.jpegCathedral VIP Parking

I saw that when I pulled in the lot and laughed thinking of your post earlier. 🤣

That said, I wish someone would paint some lines in that lot, I had one car facing mine when I left, and 3 cars bumper to bumper behind me. Looked like a lot of people spent too much time at the Ace for pregame festivities. 🤣