Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Maryland vs Illinois

Boilernation

This complete dud of a game at least provided an entertaining 4th quarter, which ended with one of the worst drives I’ve ever seen to with a chance win a game. Maryland tied the game with 2:13 left on an 86 yard drive that ended with a TD. 

Illinois’ final drive started at their own 25. They went negative 18 yards on 6 plays. Before punting on 4th and 39 from their own 7, Illinois was sacked on 3 straight plays including an intentional grounding call on Peters. 

Maryland started at the Illinois 46 and quickly got into FG range on a 26 yard pass. The rest was history for Beer Belly Brett. 

Edited by Boilernation

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

This complete dud of a game at least provided an entertaining 4th quarter, which ended with one of the worst drives I’ve ever seen to with a chance win a game. Maryland tied the game with 2:13 left on an 86 yard drive that ended with a TD. 

Illinois’ final drive started at their own 25. They went negative 18 yards on 6 plays. Before punting on 4th and 39 from their own 7, Illinois was sacked on 3 straight plays including an intentional grounding call on Peters. 

Maryland started at the Illinois 46 and quickly got into FG range on a 26 yard pass. The rest was history for Beer Belly Brett. 

At this point I just feel bad for Brandon Peters.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:01 PM, temptation said:

Kid can’t stay healthy and is a 5th year senior in a long rebuilding project.

He and Johnson have turned such promise into completely underwhelming college careers. The woes continue to Hunter. His statline from Saturday was 6/16 75 Yards and 3 INT's.