Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #6

The Temp is now 10-2 on the season in picking HCC vs HCC contests.

Avon @ Fishers:  Fishers seems to be plateauing after a quick start and contests against the upper echelon of the conference.  Avon, on the other hand could not stop the bleeding last week in a loss to Franklin Central.  I see another loss in their future as the Tigers break a two game losing streak and hand Avon their 6th straight in 2021.  Fishers 30-14.

Brownsburg @ Westfield:  For the second straight week, Westfield plays a conference title deciding contest, this time at home against fellow conference co-leader Brownsburg.  Can't speak from visual experience but it seems in looking at the box scores recently that Brownsburg is letting inferior teams hang around for a while, whereas Westfield seems to be finding their stride early and often.  I expect the 'Rocks to basically lock up the conference title this week with a fairly decisive win at home.  Westfield 28-13.

Hamilton Southeastern at Zionsville:  HSE found out last week that they were not quite ready for the prime time and still have work to do to break into the elite of the conference hierarchy.  Zionsville broke a two-game losing streak with a feel good game against Noblesville.  I expect this one to be close but give the edge to the Royals 24-20.

Noblesville at Franklin Central:  Two teams that are probably ahead of schedule but still have a ways to go to break out of the bottom of the conference.  Noblesville did some damage outside of the conference, whereas FC has now rattled off two consecutive conference wins for the first time since joining the HCC in 2018.  I think they make it three.  FC wins 30-20.

What say you?

Fishers 35 Avon 17- I think Avon will win one before the season ends, but it won’t be this one.

Westfield 23 Brownsburg 17- Hard fought game in the game of the year in the HCC, but the Rocks are the better team.

HSE 31 Zionsville 20- Royals regroup and pound the Eagles.

Franklin Central 24 Noblesville 13. Jayson West- Coach of the Year in the conference!

Fishers 31 Avon 28- I think Avon plays a tough game, but still not enough this week. 

Westfield 28 Brownsburg 24- game of the week

Zionsville 31 HSE 24

Franklin Central 31 Noblesville 17-

FC freshman QB is looking better every week. Just won INpreps player of the week. FC run defense has been decent all year. Giving up 111 rush yards per game. (Almost all of those from Roncalli and Brownsburg). Should be a fun homecoming game for FC. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

From the outside looking in. Zionsville is a very good football team, but they are facing what may be a 6A team that is Top 5 or 6 in the state?

Zionsville I believe plays all 6A teams with the exception of Lebanon. The HCC as a whole is right there with the MIC as of now. 

43 minutes ago, US31 said:

MIC average Sag rating: 85.71

HCC average Sag rating: 85.66

I think the MIC has a clear advantage at #1 (we will likely get to see it play out at Lucas Oil Stadium if I had to bet right now).

The HCC's 2-4 can play with the MIC's 2-4 and have on many occasions.

I honestly think the bottom three in the HCC are superior to the bottom three in the MIC.  Hell, Avon is last in the HCC right now and LN needed a drive in the final minute to beat them.  And LN is probably the MIC's 5th best team.

Surely someone will come in here and tell me that I am wrong and act offended though.  The MIC slappies hate reality.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

I think the MIC has a clear advantage at #1 (we will likely get to see it play out at Lucas Oil Stadium if I had to bet right now).

The HCC's 2-4 can play with the MIC's 2-4 and have on many occasions.

I honestly think the bottom three in the HCC are superior to the bottom three in the MIC.  Hell, Avon is last in the HCC right now and LN needed a drive in the final minute to beat them.  And LN is probably the MIC's 5th best team.

Surely someone will come in here and tell me that I am wrong and act offended though.  The MIC slappies hate reality.

MIC slappy but you're absolutely correct. I honestly think the HCC, top to bottom, is vastly better than the MIC, top to bottom. I would argue only Westfield & Brownsburg could play with the top 4 of the MIC; I don't see HSE, FC, Zville, or Fishers playing close against the top 4 of the MIC. 

HCC Power Rankings (Can definitely re-arrange 4-6)

1. Westfield

2. Brownsburg

3. HSE

4.  FC

5. Zionsville 

6. Fishers

7. Noblesville

8. Avon

MIC Power Rankings

1. CG

2. Carmel

3. WC

4. Ben Davis

5. LN

6. LC

7. Pike

8. NC

4 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

MIC slappy but you're absolutely correct. I honestly think the HCC, top to bottom, is vastly better than the MIC, top to bottom. I would argue only Westfield & Brownsburg could play with the top 4 of the MIC; I don't see HSE, FC, Zville, or Fishers playing close against the top 4 of the MIC. 

HCC Power Rankings (Can definitely re-arrange 4-6)

1. Westfield

2. Brownsburg

3. HSE

4.  FC

5. Zionsville 

6. Fishers

7. Noblesville

8. Avon

MIC Power Rankings

1. CG

2. Carmel

3. WC

4. Ben Davis

5. LN

6. LC

7. Pike

8. NC

I think HSE could absolutely play with 2-4 in the MIC.  Next three weeks will tell though.

I agree on your MIC rankings and think I would still swap Zionsville and FC in the HCC (I’m fully aware of the on field result a couple of weeks ago).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Well great. It’s that time of year again. 
Then, Carmel trounces Brownsburg in the sectional and CG wipes out Westfield at Lucas Oil. 
Rewind to 2022.

CG wipes out Westfield  Carroll or Merrillville at Lucas Oil. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

CG wipes out Westfield  Carroll or Merrillville at Lucas Oil. 

I woud love to see a Duneland team finally make it out of the North in 6A even if they were completely pasted by Center Grove; however, nobody is beating the Sectional 4 winner unless Fishers or Noblesville pull off a miracle.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I woud love to see a Duneland team finally make it out of the North in 6A even if they were completely pasted by Center Grove; however, nobody is beating the Sectional 4 winner unless Fishers or Noblesville pull off a miracle.

On a serious note. Westfield is the clear cut favorite to come out of the north by multiple scores, but I think the odds of Merrillville and Carroll upsetting The Rocks are about the same as Fishers and Noblesville. 

1 hour ago, Staxawax said:

Well great. It’s that time of year again. 
Then, Carmel trounces Brownsburg in the sectional and CG wipes out Westfield at Lucas Oil. 
Rewind to 2022.

Still completely plausible but its kinda sad that CG and Carmel are carrying the water for the MIC these days.  Outside of them and Warren, its hard to see an upward trajectory for any other MIC school.

On the other hand, EVERY HCC school outside of Avon is trending upwards and can sell that to their kids and fanbase.

But I get it, until the HCC wins when it matters folks will roll their eyes at this topic.  Rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

As would I.  Taking nothing away from Westfield, but it just doesn't feel like a "state championship game" to me when two schools within 5 miles of 465 play at Lucas Oil.  Never did in the Carmel/Warren or Carmel/CG years either.

Caveat:  The Merrillville fans would be nearly UNBEARABLE were they to make it to the state title game.  

Edited by temptation