• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
Sign in to follow this  
ARC12313

2a Preason Poll

Guest Rebel40
just wondering what some people think the 2a poll will be this year

I have no clue, the polls are always a little screwy the first 4 or so weeks, before teams play enough games to have a decent comparison network set up. I really have no clue what schools have gained or lost this year, except for my own.

Guest wood_infantry

what does Southridge have coming back this year?

Southridge lost alot, well almost everything, but there is talent, they just didnt get much playing time with all the seniors they had, i look for a slow start but they well surprise some people before the season is over

Guest Rebel40

South Spencer is also in the same boat as southridge, Lost roughly 3/4 of all starters......

I think Rochester should be pretty decent. Im not sure if they will get ranked, but they only lost 5 seniors (2 didn't play much, 2 can be replaced by the underclassmen, though it will be tough, and the fifth was an All-State selection...)

But, we return our QB who started about half the games last year, as a sophomore...we return almost every skill position except tailback. Our one weakness may be the O & D Line. However, if the kids put the time and effort into it, they should be contending for a sectional title, IMO. especially since we got out of Harding and Heritage's sectional B)

Guest country123a

How about North Posey?

I look for Tell City to be tough again. I think the Jr. class last year was the meat of their roster.

Jimtown will reload. We return our leading rusher, Konrath 1,600+ yards, our QB, Byers and two of our Linemen. Some really good talent coming up. But I'm sure you all know that.

Here we go.

1. Harding

2. Mater Dei

3. FW Luers

4. Southridge

5.Rennselaer Central

6. Cascade

7. Tri-West

8. Speedway

9. North Judson

10. Cass

As good of a start as any.

Luers does not deserve a Top 10 ranking. Jimtown, on the other hand, is glaringly missing.

North Putnam probably deserves a mention, they have quite a few returning starters. Tri-West has a lot of work to do to return to top 10 status. Cascade will need a total overhaul.

thanks for the love Jimmie77, the bombers will have some work to do if to be in the the top 10, the talent is there, its all about meshing the young (and extremely talented) with the old (battle tested) I am excited to see it all come together, I just hope it doesn't take to week 8 again!!!

Guest bgft24

Didnt Cass lose alot of people, including Seagraves? If so I see more of a rebuilding year for them.

77Jimmy,

I'm disappointed that you left North Putnam off your list. 13-1 with a semi-state appearance isn't good enough for you? Seeing how they defeated your #6 (twice), #7 (twice) & #8 team. Granted they lost their star quarterback in Brayden Dahlstrom and standout wide receiver Jake Mullis. Emmet Botorff & Joe Lawhorn are also gone from the line to graduation, but who else? Leading rushers Adam Vondersaar & Griffen Dahlstrom are back. G. Dahlstrom lead the conference in tackles as a sophmore last year so expect him to be a huge force again at linebacker. Along with Justin Ensor (who has to be one of hardest hitting defensive backs in the state) come back to a very solid NP Defense. Defensive coach Dan Fouts has this crew primed and cut in the weight room 4 days a week. The big question is at quarterback for the Cougars. Scott Hunt saw some good field time with blow-out wins last year, but can he stay out of trouble in the off-season? Two off-field mishaps since the last snap in November has some Cougar fans scratching their heads wondering if this kid will be the future of Cougar Football. Or will 2008 sophmore Brock Jones step up and take control of the Cougar offense? He looked good in JV with a very strong arm, and scrambling ability. If Hunt can get his priorities straight and keep that rocket arm in service, there will be a shoot-out for the QB spot. Don't look for last years deep trip to the post season be a one-and-done like in the early 90's for the Cougars, Coach Dave Pasch has brough pride and confidence back to the North Putnam Football Program. I believe it will stay for some time. Many questions are still to be answered this off-season for the Cougars, but rest assure, they respectfully deserve a spot in the top 5 of 2A for preseason poll.

Faithful Fan

Edited by Faithful Fan

77Jimmy,

I'm disappointed that you left North Putnam off your list. 13-1 with a semi-state appearance isn't good enough for you? Seeing how they defeated your #6 (twice), #7 (twice) & #8 team. Granted they lost their star quarterback in Brayden Dahlstrom and standout wide receiver Jake Mullis. Emmet Botorff & Joe Lawhorn are also gone from the line to graduation, but who else? Leading rushers Adam Vondersaar & Griffen Dahlstrom are back. G. Dahlstrom lead the conference in tackles as a sophmore last year so expect him to be a huge force again at linebacker. Along with Justin Ensor (who has to be one of hardest hitting defensive backs in the state) come back to a very solid NP Defense. Defensive coach Dan Fouts has this crew primed and cut in the weight room 4 days a week. The big question is at quarterback for the Cougars. Scott Hunt saw some good field time with blow-out wins last year, but can he stay out of trouble in the off-season? Two off-field mishaps since the last snap in November has some Cougar fans scratching their heads wondering if this kid will be the future of Cougar Football. Or will 2008 sophmore Brock Jones step up and take control of the Cougar offense? He looked good in JV with a very strong arm, and scrambling ability. If Hunt can get his priorities straight and keep that rocket arm in service, there will be a shoot-out for the QB spot. Don't look for last years deep trip to the post season be a one-and-done like in the early 90's for the Cougars, Coach Dave Pasch has brough pride and confidence back to the North Putnam Football Program. I believe it will stay for some time. Many questions are still to be answered this off-season for the Cougars, but rest assure, they respectfully deserve a spot in the top 5 of 2A for preseason poll.

Faithful Fan

North Putnam.....

Flash in the pan baby! Flash in the pan!!!!

B) B) B) B)

Luers does not deserve a Top 10 ranking. Jimtown, on the other hand, is glaringly missing.

77J Knows Jimtown is better than #1.....They're so good, they'll be ZERO..... B)

Knowing almost nothing about the competition, I would be surprised if MD should be ranked above 7th or 8th to begin next season. They lost a lot and don't have much in reserve, from what I hear. My information is sometimes suspect, but that is my guess.

Guest danville1

Tri-West? Are you serious, they went 3-6 last year! They are graduateing thier MVP and the rest of thier starters from thier 11-2 team from 2005. All you basically have left is a couple starters from a 3-6 team! Why does everybody think Tri-West is a top 10 team every year. IF you havent notice by now TW will have spurts of really great teams then fall completely off, believe me TriWest does NOT deserve to be on a top ten list along with harding and Mater Dei

Seeger will be playing with new people at key positions but they are more than capable of filling in. Maybe not at the start of the year, but toward the end I full expect to see Seeger around number 6 or 7.

whats your thoughts on Sectional 25, I don't know if I heard anyone from Seeger comment on it?

Guest Coach Medley

You tell em Superjay. The Sagamore is one of the toughest conferances around. I think most would agree. I still would put Speedway ahead of tri-west or cascade.

Guest Patriotnation
whats your thoughts on Sectional 25, I don't know if I heard anyone from Seeger comment on it?

I will be logging some serious miles, I do know that

I really can`t comment to much on Hammond and Wheeler and NNewton

I know Rensie, Judson ,Winimac and Delphi have been strong over the years.

As WVS stated we will be young next year.

It will be fun to knock heads with you northern guys though.

Looking forward to some good Football in the fall...............Not the drive though!

Take care, and Goodluck

I will be logging some serious miles, I do know that

I really can`t comment to much on Hammond and Wheeler and NNewton

I know Rensie, Judson ,Winimac and Delphi have been strong over the years.

As WVS stated we will be young next year.

It will be fun to knock heads with you northern guys though.

Looking forward to some good Football in the fall...............Not the drive though!

Take care, and Goodluck

yeah travel will be a little lengthy to some parts, but competitve level should be worth it!!! I look for the bombers to have a good group of young and old along with some real solid offensive and defensive lines, we will be big and strong!!!!