• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Indian72

NIC Week # 9 End of the Regular Season

Riley ( 1-7   0-5) @ Clay ( 1-7   0-5)...The bottom 2 teams in the NIC play with one coming out with a win.  It has been a tough, long season for both teams

Adams (4-4  3-3) @ East Chicago Central (3-5)...The Eagles are done in NIC play and travel to the refinery area of NW Indiana to play the Cardinals who are not having the magical season they had last year

Elkhart Central (3-5  1-4) @ Marian (6-2  4-1)  The Blazers come to Otolski Field hoping to beat the Knights.  Marian comes off their hard fought game with rival Mishawaka

St Joe (5-2  3-2) @ Washington (3-5  2-3)...The Tribe invades School Field after beating Clay while the Panthers put it to Gary West

Mishawaka (7-1  5-0) @ Penn  (8-0  5-0)...The Game of the Year. The winner wins the NIC.  Penn's defense is giving up 8.3 points a game.  Can Mishawaka throw the ball on Penn and open it up.  Can Mishawaka stop the Penn offense.  With the game being payed at Penn it will take a big effort for teh cavemen to come out on top

Penn and Mishawaka should be a great game.  I think playing on the Field Turf at Freed Field may gave the Mishawaka ground game some added speed.  I think Mishawka will score and I think this could a be a back and forth shoot out.

This all said, Penn is still Penn up North and I think they will pull out the win; 42-36.

For me it really comes down to which Wild Bunch shows up. The one at Snider, ugly. The one that's showed up the last couple weeks, better. I said earlier in the season they had a chance to be as good, if not better, than last years defense and this will be a good opportunity 9 weeks in to see what they're all about.

It sounds like Marian tried to take away the FB, force Mishawaka to the outside, which kinda worked and kept it closer than I thought it'd be. Not take anything away from Marian's effort and despite the "week at a time" talk you hear post game, I wonder if their kids couldn't help looking ahead a little?

Penn has to be balanced as they've been throughout most of the season, but the o-line really needs to set the tone and get after a smaller Mishawaka team. Lean on them for 48 minutes. If this a four quarter game that's still undecided late, the Hogs are gonna be the difference.

Big game. I like the poise Penn has shown, but it seems like Mishawaka always brings the intensity in this game. Penn's got to match it or exceed it. Tough game to predict. I think Mishawaka has more of a shot than they've had since they last beat Penn, but think Penn is just better top to bottom.

Penn 38

Mishawaka 21

Clay -7

Adams -3

Marian -13

St Joe -9

• Upvote 1

I am sure Penn D will be ready to stop the option - maybe 8 in the box.  So, if MHS cannot throw and open things up they could be in trouble.  Having not seen Mishawaka it is tough to predict, but I like Penn,s total package which seems so well schooled with fundementals

Mishawaka will have to play hard(they will), minimize turnovers, create a couple breaks & keep it close going into the 4th quarter.  If that happens, anything can happen.

Mishawaka (7-1  5-0) @ Penn  (8-0  5-0)...The Game of the Year. The winner wins the NIC.  Penn's defense is giving up 8.3 points a game.  Can Mishawaka throw the ball on Penn and open it up.  Can Mishawaka stop the Penn offense.  With the game being payed at Penn it will take a big effort for teh cavemen to come out on top

kf doesn't know where to begin...what a weekend with the Cavemen visiting the Kingdom, then Notre Dame at Florida State on Saturday...then a bonfire at Railton Loy's farm on Saturday after the game...

1st the concessions/menu...the Penn Booster Club will be offering a Cavemen favorite...possum on a stick along with a vegetable medley...the boosters have been busy the last few years collecting lots of possum and an occasional racoon in preparation for the game...also, the Penn Mom's Club will be serving something new this year...crispy possum tail bits that the little Cavemen youngins will love,,,

2nd the ticket pricing...we all know that the economy is much improved but wages are still lagging so...any Mishawaka couple, married or unmarried, gets in for $5.00 along with any child for $1.00 just as long that the child is some what related to either the father or mother...

NOTE: Couples who are brother/sister, first cousins or children that were used as a down payment at Headers or as collateral at Red's Pawn Shop do not qualify for the above discount.

3rd the pregame booths/vendors...the Penn Booster Club has pulled out all the stops to make the Cavemen and Cavewomen feel right at home...the vendors include Low Bob's, The Body Art Gallery, Psychic Readings by Angie, Buzz's Used Furniture, Headers, Red's Pawn Shop and the Methawaka Science Lab...please stop by and thank them for participating...

4th and finally...kf just found out that The Pirate's Cove will be running their shuttle from Mishawaka to the Kingdom every 20 minutes starting at 4:00 PM...the Mishawaka Moms Club will be there to send you off with a shooter, a brewsky, a pack of Marlboros, an E cig and an autographed picture of Coach Curtis/Moses for only $10.00...

GO PENN

Edited by kingsmen fan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

kf doesn't know where to begin...what a weekend with the Cavemen visiting the Kingdom, then Notre Dame at Florida State on Saturday...then a bonfire at Railton Loy's farm on Saturday after the game...

1st the concessions/menu...the Penn Booster Club will be offering a Cavemen favorite...possum on a stick along with a vegetable medley...the boosters have been busy the last few years collecting lots of possum and an occasional racoon in preparation for the game...also, the Penn Mom's Club will be serving something new this year...crispy possum tail bits that the little Cavemen youngins will love,,,

2nd the ticket pricing...we all know that the economy is much improved but wages are still lagging so...any Mishawaka couple, married or unmarried, gets in for $5.00 along with any child for $1.00 just as long that the child is some what related to either the father or mother...

NOTE: Couples who are brother/sister, first cousins or children that were used as a down payment at Headers or as collateral at Red's Pawn Shop do not qualify for the above discount.

3rd the pregame booths/vendors...the Penn Booster Club has pulled out all the stops to make the Cavemen and Cavewomen feel right at home...the vendors include Low Bob's, The Body Art Gallery, Psychic Readings by Angie, Buzz's Used Furniture, Headers, Red's Pawn Shop and the Methawaka Science Lab...please stop by and thank them for participating...

4th and finally...kf just found out that The Pirate's Cove will be running their shuttle from Mishawaka to the Kingdom every 20 minutes starting at 4:00 PM...the Mishawaka Moms Club will be there to send you off with a shooter, a brewsky, a pack of Marlboros, an E cig and an autographed picture of Coach Curtis/Moses for only $10.00...

GO PENN

Really?  I thought this was a HS football board?  As Lou Holtz would say....if you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better.

Edited by CavemenFB38
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

FB38, KF is is joking. I remember when the KF and Mishawaka fan rhetoric when on for weeks before a game. Fun reading if you ask me!!!

• Upvote 1

Really? I thought this was a HS football board? As Lou Holtz would say....if you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better.

Lighten up Francis, this is good reading from the digest's good friend kf.

• Upvote 1

Lighten up Francis, this is good reading from the digest's good friend kf.

I don't care who it's from...humor at someone else's expense and making fun of people is good reading?  What are we 13 yo & is it still 1985?

Maybe if it was directed at you, you would feel differently?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see where KF's humor comes into question but us long time Cavemen fans remember the days of good natured bantering. It really is all in fun. This is coming from an old Cavemen fan living in Osceola... ;)  That said .....Go Cavemen!

• Upvote 1

I don't care who it's from...humor at someone else's expense and making fun of people is good reading? What are we 13 yo & is it still 1985?

You haven't been around long enough to know that he has directed this at the Indians too.

Go into the archives and look up some of his older posts.

I see where KF's humor comes into question but us long time Cavemen fans remember the days of good natured bantering. It really is all in fun. This is coming from an old Cavemen fan living in Osceola... ;)  That said .....Go Cavemen!

`To some of us this the reason we no longer post on the NIC site.  I'll try to lighten up.

• Downvote 1

OMG

I had the burden of being the bearer more than my share of bantering from KF and his Penn buds.  

Broad shoulders gets you by

and don't take it seriously

I don't care who it's from...humor at someone else's expense and making fun of people is good reading?  What are we 13 yo & is it still 1985?

kf understands your criticism and made some changes this afternoon with the Penn Booster Club...first cousins who are a couple will be entitled to the discounted admission charge but not the brother/sister situation as Penn needs to plan for the increasing number of transfers from John Young...and what was up in 1985...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

kf understands your criticism and made some changes this afternoon with the Penn Booster Club...first cousins who are a couple will be entitled to the discounted admission charge but not the brother/sister situation as Penn needs to plan for the increasing number of transfers from John Young...and what was up in 1985...

The year I graduated ??? How did I get involved in this?

The year I graduated ??? How did I get involved in this?

kf likes to keep all involved.

Edited by CoachK5