Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Brebeuf Oct 8th

1 minute ago, PHJIrish said:

Not much interest in this game so far.

Not sure if I've ever seen a Brebeuf person on the GID.  I think there will be some eyes on this game down in this part of the state, especially in Gibson County... 

26 minutes ago, Sports Freak20 said:

From what I have heard, everyone is healthy and ready to go.  Gilbert was banged up, had a shoulder injury but will be ready.  Tibbs strained hamstring, he is good to go also

That's good news.  The Irish will need everyone healthy in the next few weeks.

I remember the last time at Brebeuf when Cam Jordan was injured and it didn't help to lose him for the playoffs.  It was cold and rainy that night!

15 hours ago, Lysander said:

In years past you could literally sit on the 50 on the Brebeuf side since the games were so lightly attended by Brebeuf fans.

Talked to some students and there will be a large Cathedral student section planned for this game as they plan to stake out position on the home-field stands as they plan to arrive very early.  Knowing the compelling passion the students have for their team will be interesting to see them pull it off!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

“Trap game” LOLOLOLOLOL…. Okay 

In 2016, Cathedral (a 6A Sectional winner that year) did lose to a 4-6 Brebeuf team lol. 

After having seen both teams, I do think it'll be somewhat competitive for a half and the Irish end up pulling away around the lines of 35-14. 

1 hour ago, MICFan34 said:

In 2016, Cathedral (a 6A Sectional winner that year) did lose to a 4-6 Brebeuf team lol. 

After having seen both teams, I do think it'll be somewhat competitive for a half and the Irish end up pulling away around the lines of 35-14. 

Definitely a headscratcher. From an individual standpoint, that might have been the most talented Cathedral team ever. Pete Werner (Ohio State/NFL), Emil Ekiyor (Alabama/soon to be NFL), and Markese Stepp although injured (USC/Nebraska) were all on that team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

Definitely a headscratcher. From an individual standpoint, that might have been the most talented Cathedral team ever. Pete Werner (Ohio State/NFL), Emil Ekiyor (Alabama/soon to be NFL), and Markese Stepp although injured (USC/Nebraska) were all on that team.

This was the team that couldn’t hold onto the ball against CE in the semi-state right? That was probably Columbus East’ 2nd best team ever.