Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Brebeuf Oct 8th

3 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

Ah, Gotcha… I knew the one year Cathedral was very talented but never really seem to put it all together as a whole. 

That was 2000. One of our most talented ever. 2 NFL guys. Kiwanuka and Trueblood with Otis Shannon and an admirable returning cast. Upset by a far inferior Plainfield team. Will be the forever motivator for any teams reading clippings for the near future. 

Also, the Brebeuf 2016 win was the most incredible upset of their history. Mic Roessler, who was fired by a weak, ultra-lib Brebeuf parent community, was aggressive and awesome in that game. Bevelhimer (St. Luke) dropped 3 punts inside the Irish 10 yard line that night. And, on a 4th and 6 from the Brebeuf 40 right before half, dialed up a fake punt that went all the way to the Irish 3 yard line for an eventual score. 

it was a funky year for the Irish. Stepp wouldn't run the ball outside of the 20s for fear of "hurting a hamstring and his college options". Streiff convalesced. It was a very trying year for all the Irish faithful. Prob the year that drove Rick out of the coaching business. 

it's good to see Marquese doing well at Nebraska this year, but it was a brutal end to his high school year. Can't wait to see Max Walters, Annee, Michael Irk, Strickland, and the Prep lads Friday. 

8 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Also, the Brebeuf 2016 win was the most incredible upset of their history. Mic Roessler, who was fired by a weak, ultra-lib Brebeuf parent community, was aggressive and awesome in that game. Bevelhimer (St. Luke) dropped 3 punts inside the Irish 10 yard line that night. And, on a 4th and 6 from the Brebeuf 40 right before half, dialed up a fake punt that went all the way to the Irish 3 yard line for an eventual score. 

it was a funky year for the Irish. Stepp wouldn't run the ball outside of the 20s for fear of "hurting a hamstring and his college options". Streiff convalesced. It was a very trying year for all the Irish faithful. Prob the year that drove Rick out of the coaching business. 

it's good to see Marquese doing well at Nebraska this year, but it was a brutal end to his high school year. Can't wait to see Max Walters, Annee, Michael Irk, Strickland, and the Prep lads Friday. 

PLEASE tell me this is hyperbole.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

PLEASE tell me this is hyperbole.

It's not.

Ripped up his hamstring on the very first carry of the season on an 80 yard TD run against East Noble. Don't think he played another down in the regular season.

During the Ben Davis blowout in the regional, BD scored on their first drive and then the second Cathedral reached the red zone on the ensuing drive Stepp went untouched into the end zone. Unfortunately for Cathedral, that was the only time they reached the red zone until the game was way out of hand and Stepp only carried the ball one more time. 

Just now, PHJIrish said:

You're good there too!

BTW, I hope to see a lot of Irish fans up on 86th St. tonight, even though there's not enough space for all of us.

I’m down with the whole he/she Jesus Trinity thing….I guess.  You guys are way outside this poor dumb Baptist when it comes to understanding the whole hypostatic he/she Jesus “thang”.

Apparently he /she isn’t down with humility at St Luke, though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lysander said:

I’m down with the whole he/she Jesus Trinity thing….I guess.  You guys are way outside this poor dumb Baptist when it comes to understanding the whole hypostatic he/she Jesus “thang”.

Apparently he /she isn’t down with humility at St Luke, though.

I'm sorry I was so outside.  I'll try to do better next time.

In the mean time, the Irish played well tonight.  Now it's on to the annual game of the century next week.  I guess the Irish will find out just how good they are next week at Arlington.  I'm also looking forward to the sectional draw Sunday.

Coming east on 86th St., from the poor side of town, I witnessed an outstanding rainbow tonight on my way to the game.

I also lost my old Sony Walkman that I've had for 25 years or so.   I guess I'll have to check with Brebeuf this week to see if anyone found it and turned it in.  It has enormous sentimental value.😒

9 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I also lost my old Sony Walkman that I've had for 25 years or so.   I guess I'll have to check with Brebeuf this week to see if anyone found it and turned it in.  It has enormous sentimental value.😒

None of the students would want it. They wouldn’t even know what it was!

Just now, Staxawax said:

None of the students would want it. They wouldn’t even know what it was!

I'm hoping that someone didn't just pick it up and throw it in the trash.  Yeah, it's fun to see the looks on the youngsters when I play the Walkman at the games.  I'm amazed I've had it this long.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Hate the term “moral victory” but is it possible Brebeuf IMPROVED its standing in terms of being the 3A state title favorite in this one?

21 points against that Irish D is no joke!

If scoring 14 cheap ones late is a moral victory, I need to get with the times. That being said, Brebeuf is a solid team and should fare well in 3A.

Edited by Footballking16

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Hate the term “moral victory” but is it possible Brebeuf IMPROVED its standing in terms of being the 3A state title favorite in this one?

21 points against that Irish D is no joke!

Irish pulled starting defense unit with about 7 minutes to go in third quarter.  With that being said, Brebeuf should go deep in 3A postseason they have many strengths to make that happen.