Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 45

Wolfs win, and it won’t be that close.  2 like opponents to compare to:  Greencastle and North Vermillion.  Wolfs gave up 47 to Greencastle, but did score 42.  SP only gave up 13 to Greencastle, but only scored 19.  Wolfs gave up 26 to NV, but scored 58. SP gave up 18 to NV, but only scored 24.  This will be a game of offense and the Wolfs will score way more than South Putnam.  Is either team as good as they were last year?

I think the Greencastle game came down to PH's inability to throw the ball like they usually do when Christian Johnson left the game.  It seemed they lost some opportunities to put more points on the board during that game that they likely would have taken advantage of. 

The North Vermillion game I don't think you can take at face value.  North Vermillion is a team coming off of a 1-9 season, and according to the roster started 3 sophomores on offense.  They managed to finish 5-5 this season which is a pretty good step forward imo.  If you ask me NV probably was a much better version of NV on Friday then they were in Week 7.  I was at the PH game and they start a sophomore at QB and he threw it from the opposite 45 yard line all the way down to 3.  I'm thinking you could compare his arm talent to that of Christian Johnson, he just doesn't have anyone that can burn the defense deep consistently. 

I didn't make it to the SP game but it sounds like both teams had opportunities.  I heard SP got the ball on the 5 going in and couldn't punch it in, but Channel 10 said they had 2, 4th down TDs.  If SP can control the line of scrimmage like they have for most of the season, and like they did last year, I'd expect this game to go in the Eagles favor.  If SP can't generate any pressure on Johnson, then he will sling it wherever he needs to. 

South Putnam vs. Parke Heritage - The weather may be a factor this Friday. I think the Eagles can control the clock and control the game. It will be close, but the Woolfs have slowly become one demensional over the past couple of weeks. The Eagles will take advantage of that and eliminate the Woolfs from the turnament for the second straight year. 

Covington vs. Riverton Parke - Apparently you guys forgot there was another side of the bracket in this Sectional? This game will be much closer than two weeks ago. The Panthers went back to the ground last week for the tune of 500 plus yards, most of it in the first half. That's a lot yards, regardless of the opponent. The Trojans had a hard time stopping RP last time once they went exclusively to the ground, but their QB is a handful and the Panthers will need to slow him down. Again, weather may be the great equalizer in this one. Winner is the last WRC school standing. 

1 hour ago, Bear54 said:

South Putnam vs. Parke Heritage - The weather may be a factor this Friday. I think the Eagles can control the clock and control the game. It will be close, but the Woolfs have slowly become one demensional over the past couple of weeks. The Eagles will take advantage of that and eliminate the Woolfs from the turnament for the second straight year. 

Covington vs. Riverton Parke - Apparently you guys forgot there was another side of the bracket in this Sectional? This game will be much closer than two weeks ago. The Panthers went back to the ground last week for the tune of 500 plus yards, most of it in the first half. That's a lot yards, regardless of the opponent. The Trojans had a hard time stopping RP last time once they went exclusively to the ground, but their QB is a handful and the Panthers will need to slow him down. Again, weather may be the great equalizer in this one. Winner is the last WRC school standing. 

I never forget my XXXL Trojans, I swear to God I don’t. 

• Like 2

SP @ PH - I think PH has got the ball rolling here to end the season.. I don't think SP will have enough power to keep up with the Wolves... but PH oline has struggled against big strong dlines.. PH just has to give Johnson enough time to get it out to one of their play makers... I can't wait to hear that wolves howl a million times on Friday night..... PH 36 SP 20

There's still a decent chance for rain on Friday.... Coach Moore better be praying to the rain gods that it doesn't...

Covington @ RP - I don't think RP has a chance in this one. They've only been able to beat really bad teams so far this year and Covington is far from a really bad team. This game will be a blow out like it was couple weeks ago.  Covington 45 RP 12

Covington against PH in the sectional championship. Should hopefully be a much better game then when they played in week 2. Should see lots of points up on the board.

Lines for Sectional 45 Semi Finals (play at your own risk)

South Putnam at Parke Heritage (-6) (O/U 58) - Expect alot of scoring in this one similar to last season.  Whichever team can muster some stops and not turn the ball over should win this one.

Covington (-28) at Riverton Parke (O/U 63) - Not much defense played in this one either.  Covington will put up a lot of points, the only question is if RP will get the back door meaningless TD at the end of the game for the cover.

Edited by CheapSeats

17 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Lines for Sectional 45 Semi Finals (play at your own risk)

South Putnam at Parke Heritage (-6) (O/U 58) - Expect alot of scoring in this one similar to last season.  Whichever team can muster some stops and not turn the ball over should win this one.

Covington (-28) at Riverton Parke (O/U 63) - Not much defense played in this one either.  Covington will put up a lot of points, the only question is if RP will get the back door meaningless TD at the end of the game for the cover.

Based on the weather forecast, neither of these games will cover...

8 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Who covers?  by saying neither covers, does that mean you are taking the underdog?

I would assume he means neither covers the O/U you set (58 and 63). 

SP @ PH:  it’s not 2020 and the teams are completely different.   It’s hard to bet against the state-champs-or-bust Wolves, but I believe Coach Sage gave South Put enough bulletin board material to work with.   Throw in a couple rain drops and a few roster changes and I’m going with the Big Dog’s boys.  SP 35 PH 21 

Covington @ RP:   Upset of the year. RP 30 Cov 28.  Yes, I’m a homer, but who doesn’t want to see a Chuck Sorrel vs Brad Sanders bench press competition at midfield — rematch, circa Franklin college 1998? 

1 hour ago, CheapSeats said:

Who covers?  by saying neither covers, does that mean you are taking the underdog?

1 hour ago, KAllen said:

I would assume he means neither covers the O/U you set (58 and 63). 

Yes, that's what I mean. Aint gonna be that much scoring going on in either game

Extra Point - Remember earlier in the season when the Woolfs played in a rain game against a good opponent? I do, and they scored a whole 0 points. And that was when they had a whole team of playmakers.