Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

State tournament and playing fields

Just now, Irishman said:

But it's not the intent of the original post.....as I posted before, please stay on the topic of the post. 

I am.  How these guys are allowed to hurl attempted insults left and right baffles me.

I’ve been on topic the whole time.  Folks who disagree resort to name calling.

Lecturing the wrong person my friend.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

I am.  How these guys are allowed to hurl attempted insults left and right baffles me.

I’ve been on topic the whole time.  Folks who disagree resort to name calling.

Lecturing the wrong person my friend.

Pay attention...I posted AFTER their comments; but keep choosing to see only what you want to see........but you continued to respond AFTER I posted it...so NO, you have NOT been on topic the whole time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Pay attention...I posted AFTER their comments; but keep choosing to see only what you want to see........but you continued to respond AFTER I posted it...so NO, you have NOT been on topic the whole time. 

Why was I quoted when those hurling insults were not?

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

seriously????? You are hung up on that? lol Does not change a thing about what I said. 

If you say so.  Generally addressing the inability to stay on topic without specifically denouncing the two folks who resorted to slander and name calling is telling.

I’ll punt on this one.  Your rules.

Edited by temptation

1 minute ago, temptation said:

If you say so.  Generally addressing the inability to stay on topic without specifically denouncing the two folks who resorted to slander and name calling seems to be calculated.

I’ll punt on this one.  Your rules.

As I said....choose to see what you want to see. 

Everyone does realize that Arlington Middle School is actually the old Arlington High School. That field they played at was the old High School.

I know the field wasn't great for that game, and I am not disputing anyones argument for where that game should be played or shouldn't be played. 

The stadium itself is the old High School stadium is all I am saying. 

Im  OUT

48 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

Everyone does realize that Arlington Middle School is actually the old Arlington High School. That field they played at was the old High School.

I know the field wasn't great for that game, and I am not disputing anyones argument for where that game should be played or shouldn't be played. 

The stadium itself is the old High School stadium is all I am saying. 

Im  OUT

Yep.  And it was awful then.

I remember Veterans Stadium, Three Rivers and Riverfront Stadium too.

Hell, the Astrodome is still standing.

C’mon.  It’s 2021…

A state/national powerhouse program playing on that field is an absolute abomination.  They should be embarrassed.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Did that game become "The Ice Bowl" at Lawrence North?

If you’re referencing the 2015 Semi-State, for the most part, Chatard was already playing most of their “home” games at LN that season.  I could be wrong but I’m not sure there were any games played at Broad Ripple that season (except by Broad Ripple themselves).  The IHSAA had been been pressuring a move away from Broad Ripple for post Sectional games even back prior to 2010.

Again, I may be recalling incorrectly but I think that’s accurate.

18 minutes ago, Lysander said:

If you’re referencing the 2015 Semi-State, for the most part, Chatard was already playing most of their “home” games at LN that season.  I could be wrong but I’m not sure there were any games played at Broad Ripple that season (except by Broad Ripple themselves).  The IHSAA had been been pressuring a move away from Broad Ripple for post Sectional games even back prior to 2010.

Again, I may be recalling incorrectly but I think that’s accurate.

It had to be quite a sight to see the team walking in full gear to the field at Broad Ripple though. 

Field conditions coming into play this week. AC moved their home game to Bluffton's turf. AC has a great grass field that's well maintained. I think that helps AC's opponent Southwood & their offense than if the game was played in Monroe. Meanwhile SA hosts Monroe Central. SA has an ok field but it doesn't do as well in the rain as ACs. I think that muddy field in Berne could help SA against MC. Did AC beat SA to the punch to get Bluffton's turf or is this by design in each matchup?

2 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

It is very "tempting" to ignore ...IGORNACE and a LOUD MOUTH 

I've always said ignorance doesn't bother me, but STUPID drives me up the wall

7 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Field conditions coming into play this week. AC moved their home game to Bluffton's turf. AC has a great grass field that's well maintained. I think that helps AC's opponent Southwood & their offense than if the game was played in Monroe. Meanwhile SA hosts Monroe Central. SA has an ok field but it doesn't do as well in the rain as ACs. I think that muddy field in Berne could help SA against MC. Did AC beat SA to the punch to get Bluffton's turf or is this by design in each matchup?

If I were a gambling man...id say both?

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

If I were a gambling man...id say both?

I don't like moving the game to Bluffton. I'd rather AC play in a slop with their ground & pound game at home. This playoff draw has not been what I hoped. Only 3 regular season home games already and now moving the home playoff game to a close neutral site that helps the opponent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

I don't like moving the game to Bluffton. I'd rather AC play in a slop with their ground & pound game at home. This playoff draw has not been what I hoped. Only 3 regular season home games already and now moving the home playoff game to a close neutral site that helps the opponent.

Makes ya wonder who suggested moving the game from the landing strip!? Too many fans standing outside the fence in late October creates an unfair advantage! I kid I kid..

Ultimately, the team that has earned the right to host should be allowed to play the game on the field of its choosing with one caveat — the field must be safe for everyone.

As far as the semi-state games, I would completely endorse the use of neutral site fields. In the state of Iowa, all semifinal and championship games are played at the Uni-Dome in Cedar Falls.

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

The last neutral site game AC played on turf was in week 3 against a talented and athletic spread team in Parke Heritage and the Jets looked fast and explosive. This isn’t a Jet team that is solely built on the Rick Minnich mold of “3 yards and a cloud of dust.” They can do that (and since your comments in another thread suggest you don’t believe this, I think you need to watch film from last week), but they’re more dangerous when they can utilize speed while getting to the edge. The wings will make cuts much easier on the turf. Whatever potential advantage Southwood gains from this move is definitely balanced (if not outweighed) by the advantage that AC gains. 
The sidelines of Minnich Field were submerged in flooded waters this weekend. Another inch or so of rain between tonight and kickoff would have made for ridiculous conditions - not to mention potentially making the field nearly unplayable for future games this postseason if they’re able to move on. This was the right move. We need to move past the fact that “we’ve never had to do this before.” It hasn’t been an option until recently and weather hasn’t prompted this situation in recent history. 

32 minutes ago, Fritzgerald said:

Ultimately, the team that has earned the right to host should be allowed to play the game on the field of its choosing with one caveat — the field must be safe for everyone.

As far as the semi-state games, I would completely endorse the use of neutral site fields. In the state of Iowa, all semifinal and championship games are played at the Uni-Dome in Cedar Falls.

The flaw though, is that with the blind draw, no team has really earned home field. 🙂 Not in typical fashion any way. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Irishman said:

The flaw though, is that with the blind draw, no team has really earned home field. 🙂 Not in typical fashion any way. 

You mean the ping pong ball falling in your favor? It is hard work rubbing a rabbit foot during Sunday Sectional drawing!

Roulette GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1