Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Regional #18 - Eastside hosting Eastbrook

Eastbrook is favored by one point over Eastside.  You can’t get much more even than that.  Of course I’m rooting for Eastbrook to pull this one out, but I understand how good this Eastside team is.  I think if Eastbrook can stay on schedule on offense, they should have a good chance of winning this game.  Any thoughts??

Eastbrook (11-0) at Eastside (12-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Eastside.
COACHES: Jeff Adamson, 300-91 in 33rd year at Eastbrook. Todd Mason, 44-14 in 5th year at Eastside.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Eastbrook, 75.49, 39th overall, 1st in 2A. Eastside, 74.71, 46th overall, 3rd in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Eastbrook defeated Tipton, 28-21. Eastside defeated Fort Wayne Luers, 21-16.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Eastbrook 60-55. Eastside 69-58.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Eastbrook, 1-0
LAST MEETING: Eastbrook, 42-9, Nov. 15, 2019, regional.
jh PREDICTION: Eastside, 28-27.

From what I see Eastside is favored by 1 point.  Eastside beat Luers who beat every Ft Wayne school this year but Snider.  This game is going to come down to execution, penalties, and ball control.  I don't think it will be a high scoring affair like Eastbrook is used to.  The winner of this game has a good chance of being the 2A State Champion.  I hope Eastbrook can pull out the win.  I also hope that Mississinewa can pull out the win this week so both can represent the CIC.  Wouldn't be something if both are lucky enough to be playing Thanksgiving weekend in Indy.  If this would happen, I hope fans from Eastbrook show up for Mississinewa's game and fans from Mississinewa show up for Eastbrook's game.  Let's Go CIC!!!

1 hour ago, Indiansreloaded said:
Eastbrook (11-0) at Eastside (12-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Eastside.
COACHES: Jeff Adamson, 300-91 in 33rd year at Eastbrook. Todd Mason, 44-14 in 5th year at Eastside.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Eastbrook, 75.49, 39th overall, 1st in 2A. Eastside, 74.71, 46th overall, 3rd in 2A.
LAST OUTING: Eastbrook defeated Tipton, 28-21. Eastside defeated Fort Wayne Luers, 21-16.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Eastbrook 60-55. Eastside 69-58.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Eastbrook, 1-0
LAST MEETING: Eastbrook, 42-9, Nov. 15, 2019, regional.
jh PREDICTION: Eastside, 28-27.

From what I see Eastside is favored by 1 point.  Eastside beat Luers who beat every Ft Wayne school this year but Snider.  This game is going to come down to execution, penalties, and ball control.  I don't think it will be a high scoring affair like Eastbrook is used to.  The winner of this game has a good chance of being the 2A State Champion.  I hope Eastbrook can pull out the win.  I also hope that Mississinewa can pull out the win this week so both can represent the CIC.  Wouldn't be something if both are lucky enough to be playing Thanksgiving weekend in Indy.  If this would happen, I hope fans from Eastbrook show up for Mississinewa's game and fans from Mississinewa show up for Eastbrook's game.  Let's Go CIC!!!

Not on calpreps

The performance of Eastside last night was as impressed as I've been with a 2A team in the tournament since 1998.  They dominated that game until the last few minutes when Luers were in desperation mode and got a little bit going.

I picked Eastside as my 2A sleeper (see link below) and last night showed why.  

https://gridirondigest.net/topic/4896-tournament-upsetsdarkhorses/?tab=comments#elControls_116970_menu

That said, I think that game was their Super Bowl.  They have been targeting that game for the past year.  Now they've won it.  I don't think they can keep that level of focus, intensity, and performance next week.  They'll have people telling them how great they are this upcoming week and it will go to their head and they'll lose that chip on their shoulder.

I think Eastbrook wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns as a result and sets up a rematch of the 2019 semistate game with Andrean.  

5 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Eastbrook is favored by one point over Eastside.  You can’t get much more even than that.  Of course I’m rooting for Eastbrook to pull this one out, but I understand how good this Eastside team is.  I think if Eastbrook can stay on schedule on offense, they should have a good chance of winning this game.  Any thoughts??

Is we opened sectional play with a home game against Eastern. This will be the 3rd road game in a row,  how does that work in the tournament

5 minutes ago, Gibbs said:

Is we opened sectional play with a home game against Eastern. This will be the 3rd road game in a row,  how does that work in the tournament

This is from the IHSAA website:

Determining Home Team
Classes 2A, 4A, 6A
Sectional final game non-host, if applicable, or lower sectional # (i.e., Sect. 1 is lower than Sect. 2).
Classes A, 3A & 5A
Sectional final game non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1).

Eastside and Eastbrook were both on the road for the sectional final and since Eastside is in a lower sectional number, they are the home team.

Mississinewa and Northridge both hosted the sectional final but because Northridge is in the lower sectional number they are the home team.  

Now, I say we both pray for lots of rain to make Eastside and Northridge's fields unplayable since they both have natural grass.  If they are unplayable then the games could be moved to Eastbrook and Mississinewa since they have turf.  Northridge has a crooked goalpost on one end of the field.  Been like that for a few years.

4 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

Not on calpreps

Just a comment... CalPreps will not update their system with the data from last night's game & predictions for next week until Tuesday a.m.   This includes their "Predict a Match up" function.  It is a week behind.  Regardless, this will be GREAT game.  Hopefully it will be available to watch online.

2 minutes ago, MDAlum82 said:

Just a comment... CalPreps will not update their system with the data from last night's game & predictions for next week until Tuesday a.m.   This includes their "Predict a Match up" function.  It is a week behind.  Regardless, this will be GREAT game.  Hopefully it will be available to watch online.

Yes, I’m sure it will be a great game.  Calpreps is just quick and easy to look at.  These two teams look pretty evenly matched.

3 hours ago, XStar said:

The performance of Eastside last night was as impressed as I've been with a 2A team in the tournament since 1998.  They dominated that game until the last few minutes when Luers were in desperation mode and got a little bit going.

I picked Eastside as my 2A sleeper (see link below) and last night showed why.  

https://gridirondigest.net/topic/4896-tournament-upsetsdarkhorses/?tab=comments#elControls_116970_menu

That said, I think that game was their Super Bowl.  They have been targeting that game for the past year.  Now they've won it.  I don't think they can keep that level of focus, intensity, and performance next week.  They'll have people telling them how great they are this upcoming week and it will go to their head and they'll lose that chip on their shoulder.

I think Eastbrook wins by 2 or 3 touchdowns as a result and sets up a rematch of the 2019 semistate game with Andrean.  

I don’t think you know very much about Eastside and Coach Mason if you think they’ll lose the chip on their shoulder. If they lose this game, it won’t be due to lack of focus or intensity. Coach Mason and his leaders on that team won’t let it happen. I think Eastside pulls it off in a tight one. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

I don’t think you know very much about Eastside and Coach Mason if you think they’ll lose the chip on their shoulder. If they lose this game, it won’t be due to lack of focus or intensity. Coach Mason and his leaders on that team won’t let it happen. I think Eastside pulls it off in a tight one. 

You're correct.  I don't know much about them.  I just see it happen time after time to all sorts of teams in many different sports for years on end.  If Eastside is the exception to that, so be it.  We'll see.  

13 minutes ago, XStar said:

You're correct.  I don't know much about them.  I just see it happen time after time to all sorts of teams in many different sports for years on end.  If Eastside is the exception to that, so be it.  We'll see.  

It is like the Simison guy on here spewinghis Eastbrook stuff.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, XStar said:

The exception is when it actually jells a Team.... propelling them higher n higher... rare... but seen it....

23 minutes ago, southend said:

This maybe the premier game this week. I’m taking the team that took Bishop Luers to the wood shed. 

Same here. Eastside over Eastbrook. I seen the Hudl film of the Luers/Eastside game last year and they had Luers beat then, just couldn’t hold on at the end. Can’t remember the number of the player but I believe their RB and MLB was a very good player. I can tell you that we would have been concerned about having to play Eastside (after losing to basically the same Luers team in regional last year). 

6 hours ago, GV5 said:

It is like the Simison guy on here spewinghis Eastbrook stuff.

Not really sure what I said that was incorrect. I figured fans in Grant County didn’t know much about the resolve of the kids and staff at Eastside. Just thought I’d inform people that they wouldn’t let the win against Luers get to their heads as was suggested. 

I get the feeling from the 2A threads that the Eastbrook fans are somewhat sensitive to any sort of criticism or any thought outside of their own. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jets said:

Don’t know much about these 2 northern teams. 

What kind of offense did Eastside employ to keep the ball from Luers for so long?? 

I’m assuming Eastbrook still employs the hurry-up Wing T/Midline?? 

They like to run RB/FB Dax Holman (sp) & QB Laban Davis out of spread or tight. Also can throw it a bit when needed. In the old days it was Eastside spread to then set up the run. Now it feels like the opposite. Their defense is strong as the Luers game showed. 

Edited by Basementbias