Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Fort Wayne Area Teams - Regional Championships

10 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Question, when will Zionsville play a game away from home during post season? 

November 3rd, 2017 was Zionsville's last road game. Their game against Dwenger this Friday will make 13 straight games they play in the friendly confines of their home field. THIRTEEEN straight games! I thought I was hallucinating when I looked this up. Must be nice. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

November 3rd, 2017 was Zionsville's last road game. Their game against Dwenger this Friday will make 13 straight games they play in the friendly confines of their home field. THIRTEEEN straight games! I thought I was hallucinating when I looked this up. Must be nice. 

Yea, I couldn't believe it myself. There needs to be some form of rule on that?? It looks like regardless of what happens next week they will be on the road, about time. 

10 hours ago, psaboy said:

Question, when will Zionsville play a game away from home during post season? 

10 hours ago, BTF said:

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yea, I couldn't believe it myself. There needs to be some form of rule on that?? It looks like regardless of what happens next week they will be on the road, about time. 

PING PONG BALLS!!!  Ping Pong Balls....  Nothing more to say!  

On 11/10/2021 at 6:29 AM, BTF said:

How is that even possible??? 

On 11/10/2021 at 6:29 AM, BTF said:

This is an unreal stat.

On 11/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, CLKeller16 said:

Westfield at Carroll - The Rocks come to the Fort this Friday after a scare against the Royals last week. While the Chargers dismantled the Tigers and their "Bart Ball", the Rocks needed a last minute field goal to lift them to the dub. The Chargers come into this game focused. If they can go into halftime with the lead, they might just have an upset. Westfield by 13

Bishop Dwenger at Zionsville - The Saints welcomed in the Panthers last week and just dominated from kickoff to kneel down. Playing a rival can do special things for a team. So can the fact that you might be related to half of your teammates. Zionsville had a brutal regular season schedule that has them more than prepared for the Fort's Fighting Tippmanns. Zionsville by 20

Brebeuf Jesuit at Norwell - These Knights have played well this season, and have risen to nearly every challenge thrown their way this year. The Braves, however, are simply better. Those Indy Catholic schools are something else. It might not be a score blowout, but I fully expect the Braves to soundly win this one. Brebeuf Jesuit by 15

Eastbrook at Eastside - Just about everyone in the state will have their eyes on this one. Two unstoppable offenses meet two immovable defenses. Flip a coin and take your pick. Will the Blazers' win over the mighty Knights last week have them feeling lax this Friday? I think not. Give me the homefield heros. Eastside by 2

Adams Central at South Adams - The Starfires have improved since their Week 6 loss to the Jets. Just look at their grind-out win over the Bears two weeks ago, a team who shut them out in Week 5. Unfortunately for them, the Jets have also done nothing but improve. Adams Central by 26

Looks like you were spot on here. 

What are the odds a team gets this kind of run of Home games?   Is this why they created what seems like a new rule to me at Semi-State?  I do not recall this rule in the past but may have overlooked it or forgotten it.  This rule alone would seem to prevent the kind of run Zionsville has been on in the playoffs unless they never get past Regionals.

*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host

1 hour ago, MDAlum82 said:

What are the odds a team gets this kind of run of Home games?   

One would think about the same as winning the state lottery. But only the IHSAA can answer that question. It really goes to show how messed up the system is.