• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
PHJIndy

Cathedral @ Bloomington South

Or the fact that the 6A teams this year could be a littler better then they were in 09. I can't believe you just tried to justify how good or not good Cathedral is by trying to say that they beat all of the larger schools in 09 but not this year so they must have been better in 09. TERRIBLE LOGIC.

I dont think you are getting the jist of what i am saying. No reason for me to believe high school football has advanced that much in a handful of years. besides 09 was the tail end of the warren run and i have sportswriter buds who covered/played hs football for eons say that the best teams they had seen were 91 bd and the warren teams. These guys have seen it all. Either way ill labor to try and get my point across. Cathedral was heavily favored over reitz in 09 k? They beat the best of the biggest in indy and travelled around the midwest and only lost one game. Noone had them losing to reitz.  This years scenario they lost to the best of the biggest and escaped vs chatard who exited early i highly doubt anyone should be giving them this much of a W over anyone at semistate or state. The fact is you just never know until the game is being played.  That being said the Storyline  may be this year that they got extremely better during the season and could now beat those  MIC teams they lost to early in the season.  Im not saying bhss will offer any resistance to cathedral at all because i truly cant get a bearing on it.  I do believe the panthers have their hands full but can win if they are at their best and cathedral isnt  :) .  Anyway We will know the rest of the story friday night.  And again i doubt the game has advanced much in the last 5 years. Maybe a hair .. .  .  .. .

On to another subject i tracked down a old article of the irish n panthers from a three game stint they had from 1949-1951 Panthers won the first irish won the next two all three games were within a td. Of course i am adding the article from the game the panthers won. If you enlarge the photo you should be able to read the article which states the game was played on mumby field. Harold Mumby was the first great coach for the panthers who also was a hall o fame wrestling coach who i believe there is a yearly award named after for wrestling.  Anyways souths current field is fred huff field another hall o famer  who has his name on the field that the irish will play on friday night.  He was the coach during the late forties to late 60's  And another thing to note. The article says that there were 6,000 in attendance for the game. WOW        CathedralPostgame1949c.jpg   If you click the image it does enlarge so it can be read

CathedralPostgame1949c.jpg

post-2796-0-26000200-1416272320_thumb.jp

Edited by MuleDriver57

You're a good dude BHSS, but the minute ANYONE thinks it's an "honor" to play their opponent, the storyline has been writ well in advance. If Coach Mo thinks the same then perhaps the game needs to be cancelled.

That said, some of the St Joe folks seem to be honored to simply be on the regular season schedule......never got that...almost fanboys...actually..not almost. Explains their LOS games, I guess.

Don't think I have ever seen the Reitz folks say its an honor. They have done okay.

So we are to believe that the GID personalities/posts of a school's fans are indicative of the attitude of the kids on the team and their coaching staff?

No dog in this fight but dang are cathedral fans "confident "

Where? I haven't seen one Cathedral affiliate or fan make a prediction...

Bloomington  Forecast

Friday

10.png

37°F
/
31°F
Plenty of sun
Edited by MuleDriver57

Not one Cathedral person affiliated with the school has made any prediction other than BHSS will be a tough opponent and they hope that both teams stay healthy throughout the game.

Edited by 21irishguy19
  • Upvote 1

Not one Cathedral person affiliated with the school has made any prediction other than BHSS will be a tough opponent and they hope that both teams stay healthy throughout the game.

He's just trying to stir the pot. ;).

• Upvote 2

Is that a question?  

I am confident.............. that the Irish will play hard, be fully prepared, and play the best football of the season.  They get better each game they play.  

btw, I can only speak for myself, I am parent of a player, so I see him putting in hard work, studying film, and being prepared.  I think other parents and fans would agree.

Sagarin has BSHS 8th and the IRISH are 9th,  Panthers will be tough. 

Great coaching staffs preach about getting better each week.  Cathedral definitely has some advantages, playing 14/15 games a season for the last 4 years sure doesn't hurt a team . I hope there are no serious injuries for either team Friday and the game is well officiated.  May the best team win.  Article in the Bloomington paper says the panthers have rented iu's indoor practice facility for today and tomorrow if it doesn't warm up. I was telling a south parent that is unfamiliar with indy cathedral about their tailgates , can i ask how many we will see in souths parking lot friday? I have always heard the irish bring a small army to the games?

I dont think you are getting the jist of what i am saying. No reason for me to believe high school football has advanced that much in a handful of years. besides 09 was the tail end of the warren run and i have sportswriter buds who covered/played hs football for eons say that the best teams they had seen were 91 bd and the warren teams. These guys have seen it all. Either way ill labor to try and get my point across. Cathedral was heavily favored over reitz in 09 k? They beat the best of the biggest in indy and travelled around the midwest and only lost one game. Noone had them losing to reitz.  This years scenario they lost to the best of the biggest and escaped vs chatard who exited early i highly doubt anyone should be giving them this much of a W over anyone at semistate or state. The fact is you just never know until the game is being played.  That being said the Storyline  may be this year that they got extremely better during the season and could now beat those  MIC teams they lost to early in the season.  Im not saying bhss will offer any resistance to cathedral at all because i truly cant get a bearing on it.  I do believe the panthers have their hands full but can win if they are at their best and cathedral isnt  :) .  Anyway We will know the rest of the story friday night.  And again i doubt the game has advanced much in the last 5 years. Maybe a hair .. .  .  .. .

On to another subject i tracked down a old article of the irish n panthers from a three game stint they had from 1949-1951 Panthers won the first irish won the next two all three games were within a td. Of course i am adding the article from the game the panthers won. If you enlarge the photo you should be able to read the article which states the game was played on mumby field. Harold Mumby was the first great coach for the panthers who also was a hall o fame wrestling coach who i believe there is a yearly award named after for wrestling.  Anyways souths current field is fred huff field another hall o famer  who has his name on the field that the irish will play on friday night.  He was the coach during the late forties to late 60's  And another thing to note. The article says that there were 6,000 in attendance for the game. WOW        attachicon.gifCathedralPostgame1949c.jpg   If you click the image it does enlarge so it can be read

Bishop Chatard made it just as far in the tournament as Cathedral did that year.  Early exit? 

Bishop Chatard made it just as far in the tournament as Cathedral did that year.  Early exit? 

Oh boy. You know i don't mind this website but i find myself laboring to get people to think here. Please re-read the paragraph i wrote. I said just a few words before what you put in bold  the words "this years scenario" this years scenario had chatard exit early. Good god.

Here the btown paper reporter has a pic of souths field in the frozen turfdra  https://twitter.com/Jon_Blau/status/534461283551420416/photo/1

Edited by MuleDriver57

My apologies MuleDriver, I lost "this year's scenario" in your incoherent ramble. And you're trying to get US to think?

Edited by bigfish
  • Downvote 1

Great coaching staffs preach about getting better each week.  Cathedral definitely has some advantages, playing 14/15 games a season for the last 4 years sure doesn't hurt a team . I hope there are no serious injuries for either team Friday and the game is well officiated.  May the best team win.  Article in the Bloomington paper says the panthers have rented iu's indoor practice facility for today and tomorrow if it doesn't warm up. I was telling a south parent that is unfamiliar with indy cathedral about their tailgates , can i ask how many we will see in souths parking lot friday? I have always heard the irish bring a small army to the games?

You know what, I am not sure how many will travel to Btown.  They are planning on setting up the RV's and expect a good crowd, really depends on the weather.  I'ts not supposed to be as cold as the last few days but flipping cold is cold, lol.  We will be there dressed in layers! 

For all the Irish fans - We will be set up off of North Dr. Take S. Walnut to North Dr. Turn Left (East) to the second entrance. Look for the RVs and flags. 

My apologies MuleDriver, I lost "this year's scenario" in your incoherent ramble. And you're trying to get US to think?

Yadda Blah blah. Of course it is always someone else's fault. . .... ... 

John Harrell says Bloomington South by one according to his predictions. 

Well i think that is something. I mean the computers are right 70-80% of the time.  Either way no one doubts that anyone who plays cathedral is gonna have their hands full. Panthers need to play their best  this week .  At this point in the year teams aren't gonna get much better physically so it is going to have to be a desire/mental improvement for south if they wanna win.

I did not know that Gabe Johnson who is the defensive coordinator  at south was also an assistant for mo while he was at Carmel . Heard them talking about cathedrals play action and how they do it so well. Fundamentals and desire for the panthers to win.  Otherwise chalk up #29 in a row for the irish. 

But Harrell is a Bloomington homer! :)

• Upvote 1

But Harrell is a Bloomington homer! :)

I heard Harrell doesnt work at the Btown paper these days. 

I heard Harrell doesnt work at the Btown paper these days. 

Because he's retired.

• Upvote 1

Because he's retired.

LOL.

Have a link?