• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
PHJIndy

Cathedral @ Bloomington South

So we are to believe that the GID personalities/posts of a school's fans are indicative of the attitude of the kids on the team and their coaching staff?

Yep...absolutely. Unless results are meaningless.

I am sure there are some Freshmen helmets and jerseys Cathedral will sell inexpensively. Might be a cost saving alternative...budgets being as tight as they are in the Catholic schools.

Honestly, powder blue is so "yesterday" and Lord knows the whole "Indian" thing being so controversial and all. I see it as a "win"/"win" sort of deal. It's time for a change.

Just trying to provide some assistance...and looking to help make it "official".

I live to be helpful.

Edited by Lysander

Yeah, and picked Cathedral by a very small margin vs. Decatur Central. Didn't exactly work out

Yep...absolutely. Unless results are meaningless.

I am sure there are some Freshmen helmets and jerseys Cathedral will sell inexpensively. Might be a cost saving alternative...budgets being as tight as they are in the Catholic schools.

Honestly, powder blue is so "yesterday" and Lord knows the whole "Indian" thing being so controversial and all. I see it as a "win"/"win" sort of deal. It's time for a change.

Just trying to provide some assistance...and looking to help make it "official".

I live to be helpful.

Ly, this exchange reminds me of a funny story. My middle son, who played for St. Joe in the 2007 game, lives here in Indy now. This summer we took a bike ride up the Monon Trail, and as we passed through the area near Kessler Boulevard, I mentioned to him that this was Chatard stomping grounds. He looked at the posh homes we were passing, and made a remark along the lines of, "It can't be. I don't see the coal mines where all the 'blue collar' Chatard families mentioned on the GID work."

Where? I haven't seen one Cathedral affiliate or fan make a prediction...

We don't predict we just watch 'em play! :)

I'm in Florida helping a friend so I'll be missing my first Cathedral game of the season.  I hope to catch it on the net but I'll be calling my friends in the stands at BHSS to get the scores!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Florida helping a friend so I'll be missing my first Cathedral game of the season.  I hope to catch it on the net but I'll be calling my friends in the stands at BHSS to get the scores!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You might be able to watch it on Coachesaid.com or ihsaa

So we are to believe that the GID personalities/posts of a school's fans are indicative of the attitude of the kids on the team and their coaching staff?

Such an accurate statement, applies to just about evey thread on here!

Guest CHS95

What a great game! Bloomington gave Cathedral all they had this evening. Congrats to the Irish... Good luck next week!

Irish by 3-4 scores or more. Book it

Clearly. . .. . . 

Congrats irish. You were much stronger down the stretch.  I told my buddy at the game we needed to win this in regulation when we had the ball those two or three possessions in the 4th quarter . I said you cant give them only ten yards to go in overtime period. For the exact reason of what happened. South had their chances no reason to really bring up this play or that play ill just leave it at the better team won

Irish in Overtime 27-24 

• Upvote 1

That was a great game...Very entertaining...Great watch for any HS Football fan...Congrats Irish!!!

• Upvote 2

Hard fought battle by two great teams.  Hats off to Bloomington South - excellent program with a great bunch of disciplined, well coached players who truly gave us all we could handle.  Way to go Irish to pull it out in the end in overtime.

Irish 27 - Bloomington South 24.

Ok Irish now on to State!

• Upvote 2

Panthers out gained the Irish, 350 to 312 according to b-town newspaper.  Good  Luck at state next week Irish. 

• Upvote 1

This game was a nail biter.  So flipping proud of the IRISH.  The teams were both well coached.  BSHS was not going to go away,  they were a very impressive team with a ton of support from their fans.  The Milk Jugs were louder than I thought they would be.  As my husband  and I were walking to the field, here comes this group of BSHS fans, shaking those jugs right at us, then I heard, "Hi Mrs. "Momma", it was my older sons old teammate from IU, Aaron Price! Little stinker, shaking those jugs at us! I miss his parents, great people, forgot that they were BSHS alumni.  

We had a fantastic tailgate, lots of food and got to meet one of my GID friends, Cmjohannes.  We were hanging out around the firepit, it was fun chatting with you.  Hope you enjoyed the game! Good Luck to your team today,  GO HH!

• Upvote 3

Aaron Price gave me a couple high fives the last two home games. Looked warm in his carhart overalls i was freezing  . He is 'good people'

• Upvote 1

You might be able to watch it on Coachesaid.com or ihsaa

I didn't have a computer. (in the library now)

I kept in touch with my cell phone though!

Cathedral fans, this LaPorte team is an inspiring group and they will give all they got against you, they will play you tougher than South Bend Washington did a few years ago! Good luck at state, ...

PS: looks like you guys are moving up to 6A after this?

Cathedral would expect nothing less from Laporte.Yes heading to 6A next year.

• Upvote 1

My final thoughts on this game and season for the panthers come down to expectations , and experience. Cathedral leads in both categories. South had two of the last 4 seasons were 1 win seasons, panthers hadn't been here since the 90's. Now the kids i'm sure are thinking d@mn a few more hours a week in the weight room or film or whatever and bam we woulda been at state. But the kids didn't realize those things when they were  still opportunities. Recall once the kids were assured a winning season this year that that they were celebrating. Didn't realize their own potential sold themselves short i guess, without even knowing it. 

And to the game itself. Only thing i can say is that the 3 point final margin feels like the   largest three point margin of victory i have ever been associated with as a fan. South led or was tied in  the game most of the way cathedral never led until the final play. But i had the feeling that they were just biding their time till they could use the advantage that made their team overall  better than ours and it was the offensive line and short yardage situations. Panthers outgained the irish in yardage  but that wasn't enough. Irish are champs that is what they expect. Still proud of south no doubt. 

• Downvote 1

Bloomington South Panthers gave the Irish one of the best fought games I can remember attending. Nothing but respect for your team. Well coached, hard playing young men. They gave the Irish nothing. Everything was a battle out there on the field. It was a thrill to watch as spectator. I expect to see BSHS go far in next year's 5A. Hoping that the Cathedral Irish are able to bring home the hardware for this year's 5A State game. Go Irish!

Heck of a game. The resiliency shown by Cathedral to keep coming back after being down by 7 again and again was remarkable. They made the drives when they needed to. Very proud of the boys and hats of to BHSS.

My final thoughts on this game and season for the panthers come down to expectations , and experience. Cathedral leads in both categories. South had two of the last 4 seasons were 1 win seasons, panthers hadn't been here since the 90's. Now the kids i'm sure are thinking d@mn a few more hours a week in the weight room or film or whatever and bam we woulda been at state. But the kids didn't realize those things when they were  still opportunities. Recall once the kids were assured a winning season this year that that they were celebrating. Didn't realize their own potential sold themselves short i guess, without even knowing it. 

And to the game itself. Only thing i can say is that the 3 point final margin feels like the   largest three point margin of victory i have ever been associated with as a fan. South led or was tied in  the game most of the way cathedral never led until the final play. But i had the feeling that they were just biding their time till they could use the advantage that made their team overall  better than ours and it was the offensive line and short yardage situations. Panthers outgained the irish in yardage  but that wasn't enough. Irish are champs that is what they expect. Still proud of south no doubt. 

Thank you, that was very nice. Always love hearing about the O-LINE.  :)

• Upvote 1

Thank you, that was very nice. Always love hearing about the O-LINE. :)

Cathedrals O Line is very very strong!
  • Upvote 2