Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

If we're being honest

BTF

here is playoff predictor tool even if you click Cinncy bama and Michigan lose bama still has higher percent to make it then nd. Appears this is the only scenario nd can make it,  schedule weakness is killing then.

danny kannel proposed nd should play byu this week to help their cause, wonder how feasible it is?
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-college-football-predictions/

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Two losses should be an automatic disqualifier this season.  Sorry.

Crap shoot meaning the overall quality of teams. But I agree and have been preaching it for the last week, two losses and you're out. 

Ohio State is a good example. I think anyone in their right mind would bet on Ohio State over Oklahoma State if there were money on the line. But I'd rather see Oklahoma State get their shot. The Buckeyes, no matter how good they are, lost twice. They blew their chance to be called national champions. Alabama is next. Then were looking at a playoff minus the Big Three. Pretty awesome if you ask me. 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Crap shoot meaning the overall quality of teams. But I agree and have been preaching it for the last week, two losses and you're out. 

Ohio State is a good example. I think anyone in their right mind would bet on Ohio State over Oklahoma State if there were money on the line. But I'd rather see Oklahoma State get their shot. The Buckeyes, no matter how good they are, lost twice. They blew their chance to be called national champions. Alabama is next. Then were looking at a playoff minus the Big Three. Pretty awesome if you ask me. 

As a Michigan fan I can attest that WHEN you lose takes precedent over how or to whom you lose.

My favorite team’s season usually ends with a thud.

I think Notre Dame would beat Cincinnati in a potential rematch but if the Bearcats were to lose this weekend in their conference title game, you bet your ass Notre Dame would jump them despite the head to head result.

Edited by temptation

12 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

here is playoff predictor tool even if you click Cinncy bama and Michigan lose bama still has higher percent to make it then nd. Appears this is the only scenario nd can make it,  schedule weakness is killing then.

danny kannel proposed nd should play byu this week to help their cause, wonder how feasible it is?
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2021-college-football-predictions/

Not sure how it has both Baylor AND OK State passing ND in that. 

57 minutes ago, temptation said:

As a Michigan fan I can attest that WHEN you lose takes precedent over how or to whom you lose.

My favorite team’s season usually ends with a thud.

I think Notre Dame would beat Cincinnati in a potential rematch but if the Bearcats were to lose this weekend in their conference title game, you bet your ass Notre Dame would jump them despite the head to head result.

Agree. Things just really get complicated after Georgia and Michigan...........IF Michigan beats Iowa. 

55 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Not sure how it has both Baylor AND OK State passing ND in that. 

Big 12. Not impressed in the slightest.