• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley
Sign in to follow this  
hhpatriot04

Please support Gridiron Digest before the season ends

Donations target: $2,500. 

Donations received:  $1,330. (as of Nov. 22)

Donations needed: $1,270.

- While we still have lots of active members, it is critical that we get some more donations before the season ends.

- Half of the payments means we are good until about January, then DK's credit card will start to get dinged.

- 1,172 registered members were active during peak hour of the sectional championship night.

- 2,577 members are registered on the Gridiron Digest

Donate with this link via credit/debit card or check.

- We can also arrange donations at the state finals (PM me for more details). I will also consider personally matching any Bitcoin donations, if anyone has BTC (again, PM me).

A $20 donation will put you in the booster class, which completely eliminates any ads, turns your name "Booster Red," allows you to have an avatar and a signature even without the post requirement and allows you to see who is voting posts up or down. There may be some other features, of which I am not aware.

Any donation amount is OK. Just think about what this site offers without ads and promotions being shoved down your throat. Also, none of the site staff is here to make money or play the recruiting game. We love Indiana high school football and love having a place to come discuss it.

turkeyspin.gif

TA always liked to have fun and his curiosity with gifs was something we miss. So I dug this out of TA's personal archive. It's timely, don't you say?

Let's get this done!

~ Chris Johannes

• Upvote 2

Some TGD history: 

The Gridiron Digest has always been a 100 percent free website. It grew organically and around 2003 we needed our own server space. At this time, Tim Adams, David Williams and Ed Collins were the administrators. Tim was a coach at Mount Vernon (Fortville) and was able to devote a lot of time behind the scenes, talking to kids, coaches and others. He eventually LEFT his job as a teacher and coach to try to build the site into something more.

Since 2003, we have outgrown two servers and must pay for yearly software upgrades. We have to pay monthly server and domain fees, as well.

Tim passed away one morning in 2010, not long after he had posted on TGD. Tim's wife made it very clear that David, Ed, Andrew Smith and the site staff were to continue to pursue Tim's dream of "Growing and promoting Indiana high school football."

We had a hiccup in 2012 when a hard drive crashed. Ed and Dave put in some crazy hours and paid some huge shipping costs to get the new drive and server back up and running. Over the 2014 season, we have seen many new members registering and we are back growing.

• Upvote 3

I just made my donation of 20. When will the name change to red?

Usually when DK processes payment. I'll go ahead and move you over though. Thanks!

If each member contributed a single dollar the annual operating costs would be reached. That's a small fee for such a popular forum.

• Upvote 1

Usually when DK processes payment. I'll go ahead and move you over though. Thanks!

Thanks HH, and I appreicate everything you guys do.

Come on boys. 1.00 or whatever you want to donate. Let's keep this site alive and well.

Reasons I support this site:
1) I can find information about teams that just wouldn't make it into media coverage.
2) I learn from the refs about rules of the game.
3) I can find links to articles about the big games (and the little ones) all over the state almost without trying.
4) I can find out what radio station or website is broadcasting the game. I wouldn't have even known about some of the video streams without GID.
5) I get live updates from all over the state.
6) I can read some interesting discussions about controversial topics.
7) I can play the pick'em games "just for the fun of it." 
8) I don't have to contend with a bunch of annoying pop-ups just to go from one topic to another (unlike many newspaper sites).

Sure, the site is free. I don't have to pay but someone has to do it or else the site can't be maintained. Any one of those reasons is worth a few dollars.

I can't tell anyone else why they should support it, but I hope a few more people can come up with some of their own reasons and are willing to kick in a little.

• Upvote 2

Just donated.  Thank you for this forum.  it always provides fun, entertainment, and information.

I would recommend that if we don't get close to our Goal, that you make it a site that you have to donate 5 dollars a year to be able to use the site. It's sad to make that a qualifying rule, but DK shouldn't be dinged on his CC if it doesn't get met.

• Upvote 1

Check is in the mail as of today.  Thanks to TA for having the inspiration & drive to start the GID and thanks to all of you for carrying on with his dream! 

Donation done DK... God Bless you TA, you are still greatly missed & we always loved reading your very knowledgeable comments on all football topics & greatly miss reading them still....  Happy Thanksgiving to your family & The Grid Family!

-Cash

• Upvote 1

I'm a Booster!  I'm a Booster!  How do I get that fancy title under my name...just don't want people to think the years of time I've spent on here is a free ride. :D  I'll be happy to donate more if the goal is not met by EOY.

Thanks Grid, for all the years of fun & banter!

-Cash

• Upvote 2

I'm a Booster!  I'm a Booster!  How do I get that fancy title under my name...just don't want people to think the years of time I've spent on here is a free ride. :D  I'll be happy to donate more if the goal is not met by EOY.

Thanks Grid, for all the years of fun & banter!

-Cash

Once payment is processed they will put that under your name and color code your name as well. Thanks Mule, Hound, MD, and everyone else that has donated.

You're very welcome Olympian...and to all of you that make this site so successful!  Let me know through PM or another post if we're short in meeting the goal at years end...

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

-Cash

Bump this up. We are up to 1600.00 (a big push the last week). Any amount helps! Happy Thanksgiving All!!

Donations target: $2,500. 

Donations received:  $1,330. (as of Nov. 22)

Donations needed: $1,270.

- While we still have lots of active members, it is critical that we get some more donations before the season ends.

- Half of the payments means we are good until about January, then DK's credit card will start to get dinged.

- 1,172 registered members were active during peak hour of the sectional championship night.

- 2,577 members are registered on the Gridiron Digest

Donate with this link via credit/debit card or check.

- We can also arrange donations at the state finals (PM me for more details). I will also consider personally matching any Bitcoin donations, if anyone has BTC (again, PM me).

A $20 donation will put you in the booster class, which completely eliminates any ads, turns your name "Booster Red," allows you to have an avatar and a signature even without the post requirement and allows you to see who is voting posts up or down. There may be some other features, of which I am not aware.

Any donation amount is OK. Just think about what this site offers without ads and promotions being shoved down your throat. Also, none of the site staff is here to make money or play the recruiting game. We love Indiana high school football and love having a place to come discuss it.

turkeyspin.gif

TA always liked to have fun and his curiosity with gifs was something we miss. So I dug this out of TA's personal archive. It's timely, don't you say?

Let's get this done!

~ Chris Johannes

What about paypal?