Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Need some help with this

My wife insists that I take her to a Huntington North game next season.   She is a graduate of the school and wants to see the new facility.    The question is, do I schedule a good team which most likely will be a bad game or a bad team where the game might be competitive.   A follow-up question is, with teams like Carmel, Dutch Fork (SC) and Loganville (GA) Grayson already tentatively on my fall schedule, could I even make it through a Bellmont-Huntington North game?   My Friday night gang has already opted out because 1) they will find a better game in the area and 2) Huntington only has one decent place to eat and with it being a Japanese steak house, it is out because two of our gang does not do Asian cuisine.   Keep in mind that sometimes the pre-game meal is as important, if not more so, than the game selection.   Not taking her to a game is not an option, as I am guy who likes home cooked meals and clean clothes.  What is a guy to do?

13 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

My wife insists that I take her to a Huntington North game next season.   She is a graduate of the school and wants to see the new facility.    The question is, do I schedule a good team which most likely will be a bad game or a bad team where the game might be competitive.   A follow-up question is, with teams like Carmel, Dutch Fork (SC) and Loganville (GA) Grayson already tentatively on my fall schedule, could I even make it through a Bellmont-Huntington North game?   My Friday night gang has already opted out because 1) they will find a better game in the area and 2) Huntington only has one decent place to eat and with it being a Japanese steak house, it is out because two of our gang does not do Asian cuisine.   Keep in mind that sometimes the pre-game meal is as important, if not more so, than the game selection.   Not taking her to a game is not an option, as I am guy who likes home cooked meals and clean clothes.  What is a guy to do?

Happy wife, happy life.

Happy spouse, happy house.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, whiteshoes said:

Norwell has been steadily improving. For whatever reasons, New Haven typically has not played well at Huntington. 
As far as food, a friend who teaches in our building swear by A Taste of Philly in Roanoke for a great Philly cheesesteak sandwich. 

1 minute ago, Irishman said:

Norwell has been steadily improving. For whatever reasons, New Haven typically has not played well at Huntington. 
As far as food, a friend who teaches in our building swear by A Taste of Philly in Roanoke for a great Philly cheesesteak sandwich. 

Norwell would be an option, they were good last year and I was told that they were real young.    Taste of Philly has a great cheesesteak sandwich.   

• Like 1