Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Monroe Central

1 minute ago, Thor77 said:

Can someone please tell me how Joel Kennedy didn’t get any carries in the second half? I’m super pumped SA won, but that game was basically handed to them on a silver platter. 

Maybe an injury?? Maybe MC thought they could right the ship in the second half and save him for “next week” 👀😳

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Maybe an injury?? Maybe MC thought they could right the ship in the second half and save him for “next week” 👀😳

Had to watch the webcast and couldn’t really see with the mud, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t give the ball to any FB/RB in the second half in a mud bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Had to watch the webcast and couldn’t really see with the mud, but I’m pretty sure they didn’t give the ball to any FB/RB in the second half in a mud bowl. 

I caught the tail end of it and you’re right, not much if any rush attack. You have to wonder if maybe MC panicked a little then with how the games momentum was shifting?? Idk 🤷🏻‍♂️ When I played, if conditions were like this we just lined up double tight power I and had a good ol time 😂 back then no one knew what an “RPO” was lol.

It was head scratching. I watched the 2nd half after AC had wrapped up their win in their 1st half. My cousin had been watching the SA 1st half and saying Kennedy was having his way but MC couldn't figure out the redzone. They never tried truly running it the whole 2nd half. Injury would have to be the answer. The end of game debacle has to be sent to the IHSAA. That was unacceptable all around regardless of shortage. It's the playoffs and it matters.

1 minute ago, HoopsCoach said:

I think Monroe Central used 4 timeouts in the 2nd half. Then the officials completely botched the game time and play clock after the 4th timeout was granted.

Yep that's correct. They forgot about the 3rd quarter TO by MC evidently. 

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

It was head scratching. I watched the 2nd half after AC had wrapped up their win in their 1st half. My cousin had been watching the SA 1st half and saying Kennedy was having his way but MC couldn't figure out the redzone. They never tried truly running it the whole 2nd half. Injury would have to be the answer. The end of game debacle has to be sent to the IHSAA. That was unacceptable all around regardless of shortage. It's the playoffs and it matters.

It had to be an injury. The kid is a workhorse! You don’t just up and stop running him unless for injury. If so, hopefully nothing serious! 

End of the game was atrocious. My thought is, how hard is it during that stoppage with 45 tics left to signal upstairs and ask how many timeouts MC had? Takes a minute maybe, not the 5-6 or whatever pow wow we got that ended in a 4th timeout 🤦🏻‍♂️ IHSAA has to see that one 👍🏼

55 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

It had to be an injury. The kid is a workhorse! You don’t just up and stop running him unless for injury. If so, hopefully nothing serious! 

End of the game was atrocious. My thought is, how hard is it during that stoppage with 45 tics left to signal upstairs and ask how many timeouts MC had? Takes a minute maybe, not the 5-6 or whatever pow wow we got that ended in a 4th timeout 🤦🏻‍♂️ IHSAA has to see that one 👍🏼

I had better do a LATE night search for the broadcast,,,, A lot of chatter going on.

I watched the 3rd and part of the 4th quarter and I was more concerned with the field conditions.  That field was entirely mud.  This wasn't a true indication of how good these two teams were.  We live in a time where a lot of schools have turf fields.  You can't tell me that there wasn't a school nearby who wasn't using their field that could've allowed this game to played there?  

I feel bad that some of these kids had to end their season playing in those conditions.

21 minutes ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

I watched the 3rd and part of the 4th quarter and I was more concerned with the field conditions.  That field was entirely mud.  This wasn't a true indication of how good these two teams were.  We live in a time where a lot of schools have turf fields.  You can't tell me that there wasn't a school nearby who wasn't using their field that could've allowed this game to played there?  

I feel bad that some of these kids had to end their season playing in those conditions.

There really wasn't a field available as AC used Bluffton's turf. I doubt MC was going to drive to Woodlan or Heritage just to play on turf. Berne has a ton of $, so we will see if they upgrade the field with donations.

6 hours ago, Plymouthfan91 said:

Didn’t know AC was at Bluffton.  Heritage wouldn’t been the closest.

Edited by Purdue Pete

20 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Didn’t know AC was at Bluffton.  Heritage wouldn’t been the closest.

To bad they could not of used somewhere like Eastbrook while they where on the road. Give home team 75% and give 25% to Eastbrook for hosting and cleanup!