Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Kennedy to KV

57 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Eh, I honestly forgot it was only 16 points because it felt like 30. Probably the best team in KV history and they couldn’t even get within two touchdowns of the Niners. If you really are proud of that idk what to tell you. We beat Kougar brains in that night. I remember what Mason told us after the game “Tonight, you took those boys to the woodshed”.

And don’t know how you proved my statement “factually incorrect”, but you’ve never been very good with facts, so I’m not surprised. 

Yep. Coached with Mason for 3 years. I remember his “hot take” comments. 

You will understand when you grow up. ✌️ 

29 minutes ago, DE said:

You said never. Facts. Get a refund for the education. 

BTW skippy, Andrean was a speed bump for us when I played. 

You were never good w facts. ✌️

If you think the best team in KV history going 2-2 against Lowell, Hobart and Andrean, and getting blown out in the most important games, constitutes having the talent to compete, idk what to tell you. 1 team in history went 500 against them. Nice. 

And I didn’t go to Andrean 35 years ago, so your comment doesn’t matter to me. Congrats on being the mediocre QB on some mediocre LC teams. All I know is that the teams you coached for in the last decade couldn’t have even been considered a speedbump for us 😉. Probably why you’re not coaching anymore. 

And I would say an Andean education would’ve helped you, but really you can’t fix stupid, so it probably would’ve been a waste of money for you. 

1 hour ago, scarab527 said:

If you think the best team in KV history going 2-2 against Lowell, Hobart and Andrean, and getting blown out in the most important games, constitutes having the talent to compete, idk what to tell you. 1 team in history went 500 against them. Nice. 

And I didn’t go to Andrean 35 years ago, so your comment doesn’t matter to me. Congrats on being the mediocre QB on some mediocre LC teams. All I know is that the teams you coached for in the last decade couldn’t have even been considered a speedbump for us 😉. Probably why you’re not coaching anymore. 

And I would say an Andean education would’ve helped you, but really you can’t fix stupid, so it probably would’ve been a waste of money for you. 

Took you long enough junior. Take you that long to think of it?  

Your comments don’t change the fact that your beloved niners were our whipping boys. 

Anyways. Excited for Coach Kennedy and the Kougars. 

6 minutes ago, DE said:

Took you long enough junior. Take you that long to think of it?  

Your comments don’t change the fact that your beloved niners were our whipping boys. 

Anyways. Excited for Coach Kennedy and the Kougars. 

You took as long to respond to me as I did to you lol. And without even a witty comment or a good comeback. Dumb and without basic self-awareness is no way to go through life son. 

And like I said, I wasn’t involved in those teams in any way nor do I care. I mean jeez man I know you peaked in high school but get over it already, it was 30 years ago. And you guys weren’t even good lol. But I hope that makes you feel better, because the teams you coached and were actually involved with were our whipping boys. And since you coached them, you were kinda our whipping boy too. How did it feel to be my whipping boy DE?  Clearly you’re still a little salty about it. 

Lastly, I’d say I wish KK more success than you at KV, but it’s not like that’s saying anything. 

• Haha 1

You took as long to respond to me as I did to you lol. And without even a witty comment or a good comeback. Dumb and without basic self-awareness is no way to go through life son. 

And like I said, I wasn’t involved in those teams in any way nor do I care. I mean jeez man I know you peaked in high school but get over it already, it was 30 years ago. And you guys weren’t even good lol. But I hope that makes you feel better, because the teams you coached and were actually involved with were our whipping boys. And since you coached them, you were kinda our whipping boy too. How did it feel to be my whipping boy DE?  Clearly you’re still a little salty about it. 

Lastly, I’d say I wish KK more success than you at KV, but it’s not like that’s saying anything. 

Dude. You almost quoted the movie correctly. Well done junior. 

I never played you. I was never your whipping boy. 

7 minutes ago, DE said:

Dude. You almost quoted the movie correctly. Well done junior. 

I never played you. I was never your whipping boy. 

I wasn’t trying to directly quote the movie, only play on it for the situation. Thought that was pretty obvious, but I guess that’s asking too much of you. 
And yeah, you were just the coach of all our whipping boys. They were soft just like their coach. 

Edited by scarab527

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Between 2000-2003 KV had a different head football coach each season.

Imagine having your son playing for a different head coach during their entire four year cycle of high school.

That would be a difficult situation. Not good. 

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

Between 2000-2003 KV had a different head football coach each season.

Imagine having your son playing for a different head coach during their entire four year cycle of high school.

Thought I saw a quote somewhere that said that KV had 10 coaches over the past 22 or so seasons.  When you realize that Broyles, Stewart, and Peo occupied 4, 5, and 5 seasons respectively, that really means that in a four-year cycle, there were only about three classes out of 22 that didn't have at least two or more coaches during their high school football.  That makes it really tough on a program ... and the kids.

15 minutes ago, Spock said:

So at this point I think you can ask why is there such a huge turnover in head coaches at KV? It pays well, very nice facilities… Why do coaches run from there so quickly? 

KV serves multiple free standing communities (Demotte and Wheatfield)  The two historically have had difficulty in finding common ground, creating a difficult situation for the direction and stability of the high school athletic department.

In some ways, KV is like a county school that lacks an identity.  

13 minutes ago, HHF said:

KV serves multiple free standing communities (Demotte and Wheatfield)  The two historically have had difficulty in finding common ground, creating a difficult situation for the direction and stability of the high school athletic department.

In some ways, KV is like a county school that lacks an identity.  

Interesting analysis.

Edited by DE

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

At age 60 it looks like coach K has found a place to make his last stop.

A typical KK anecdote. 

Lowell is on offense. They run off tackle. The RB bounces it outside, but just runs laterally. The defense strings out the play, and he is taken out of bounds right at the line of scrimmage, going down right at Kennedy’s feet on the Lowell sideline. Coach leans down over the kid and says, “Son, if you keep running in that direction, eventually you’ll hit that fence over there! Run north & south!”

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

A typical KK anecdote. 

Lowell is on offense. They run off tackle. The RB bounces it outside, but just runs laterally. The defense strings out the play, and he is taken out of bounds right at the line of scrimmage, going down right at Kennedy’s feet on the Lowell sideline. Coach leans down over the kid and says, “Son, if you keep running in that direction, eventually you’ll hit that fence over there! Run north & south!”

May get to learn a few things….. 🤷 

• Kill me now 1

Kennedy changed the culture at Franklin County down in Southeastern Indiana and got the program on track despite what his 24-18 record shows. He probably would have won a sectional title or two if it wasn't for powerhouse East Central. Kennedy will be a great hire for KV if they take in his style and it doesn't turn out to be another Bloomington South experience. Good luck to Coach K!

• Like 3

On 3/2/2022 at 10:49 AM, Boilernation said:

The potential ramifications of this are very interesting to me. 

1. Can Kennedy build the Kougars into a legitimate threat in the 4A North?
  2. Will the Lowell faithfull turn on Kilmer if their neighbors to the southeast surpass Lowel in 4A North hierarchy?

I'm not familiar with South Lake County and Northern Jasper County. I know Lowell has had some really good individual talent lately, but is there an overwhelming difference between the talent available in these neighboring school districts?

I could be wrong here, but I think most of Lowell is pretty good with Kilmer.   Not Bud Kilmer from West Canaan (Jonathan Moxon, Lance Harbor, Billy Bob, etc.) but Keith.