• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Indian72

Moeller and Don Bsoc Prep

The 2 schools have scheduled a home and home series

Next year Don Bosco is going to Las Vegas to play Bishop Gorman

The 2 schools have scheduled a home and home series

Next year Don Bosco is going to Las Vegas to play Bishop Gorman

2 of Notre Dame's recruits are from Bishop Gorman. A tight end and a safety.

2 of Notre Dame's recruits are from Bishop Gorman. A tight end and a safety.

Gorman's class of 2017 is supposed to be even better than this years.

Cathedral plays Moeller August 28th at 8pm in Nippert Stadium per our schedule. 

Is it August yet???

• Upvote 1

Would love to see our kids play some teams like Gorman and Bosco

#dumbass300milerule

• Upvote 1

Fertitta is a *** or $$$$$ recruit depending how you look at it.,

From everything I've heard about Nicco, it sounds like he was the hardest worker on the Gorman team. That's not necessarily something you expect from the child of a billionaire. I expect Fertitta to at the very least be the next Mike Anello. The kid just loves to hit people. If he adds anything to the defense, it will just be gravy for me. Plus if he/dad help secure a ND pipeline at Bishop Gorman, he will be worth his weight in gold.

Also what is the over/under on number of years before there is a building named "Fertitta" on campus?

Edited by BLKnight06

Fertitta reminds me of a guy who was a classmate of mine at ND, Tim Rudnick. About the same size, which is to say the least, exceptionally undersized for a white kid playing DB. But Tim went on to start his last two years at ND, including on the '73 national championship team, and even had a couple of years in the pros. He lost his battle to cancer just last year.

You don't waste scholarships on a kid whose upside is comparable to a celebrated walk-on who only played special teams. There's some kid out there more deserving on EVERY level. But whatever. Fertitta Kiniesology and Nutrition Center in 2020 will be pretty cool.

#dumbass300milerule

LOL you said it not me. I have given up on. The IHSAA ever changing that rule

ND's ties to BG have only gotten stronger with the recent hiring of Todd Lyght. Lyght was the DB coach at Gorman from 09-10.

You don't waste scholarships on a kid whose upside is comparable to a celebrated walk-on who only played special teams. There's some kid out there more deserving on EVERY level. But whatever. Fertitta Kiniesology and Nutrition Center in 2020 will be pretty cool.

Maybe we should give him a chance before we annoint him a "celebrated walk-on"?  Maybe he doesn't have the measurables of the 4 & 5 star players but the kid is a football player.  I'm not the biggest Kelly fan but he does seem to find the guys that many people overlook.  

Just out of curiosity what is the consequences of not following the 300 mile rule?

I may be wrong, but I believe it has to do with tournament eligibility.

Just out of curiosity what is the consequences of not following the 300 mile rule?

I may be wrong, but I believe it has to do with tournament eligibility.

As a practical matter, you'd have a difficult time finding an opponent to help you violate the rule. Most state high school associations include in their bylaws that their members can only participate in association-sanctioned contests. Even if the other school had no mileage limitations, making a game with an Indiana school that would violate Indiana's 300 mi. Rule could be construed as a game that is not sanctioned ... which could lead to sanctions against that school even if they didn't have a mileage restriction.

Maybe we should give him a chance before we annoint him a "celebrated walk-on"? Maybe he doesn't have the measurables of the 4 & 5 star players but the kid is a football player. I'm not the biggest Kelly fan but he does seem to find the guys that many people overlook.

You're right, he has to prove he's as valuable as Mike Anello was.

You're right, he has to prove he's as valuable as Mike Anello was.

What level of production would it take for you to find his scholarship offer justified?