Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A postseason talk

35 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Saw the video. Not sure the prelude to what happened, but in the video I saw of the specific incident, that falls solely on Mississinewa’s #62. Won’t find a bigger cheap shot than that shove in the back after the play was over. IHSAA should be able to review that video and retroactively eject him from the game (if he already wasn’t) and he should be suspended for the next game. If I were his coach he wouldn’t play the rest of the season.

I was not at the game but did stop by to watch a little from the parking lot.  I watched Mississinewa score their final touchdown and after the running back was clearly in the endzone, officials gave the touchdown signal, and RB dropped the ball, a Wayne player shoved him.  Wayne had 5 unsportsmanlike penalties in the game before the brawl.  Mississinewa's #62 was in the wrong for shoving the Wayne player and a flag was thrown very quickly for it as well.  Then 2 or 3 Wayne players attacked #62. People are saying that there were words exchanged between players in reference to a dad and racial slurs.  The players know what was said not the fans, so who knows what provoked this brawl. The fans from Wayne jumped the fence and ran onto the field.  Then a Wayne player chased Mississinewa's coach across the field.  WaneTv out of Fort Wayne has it posted on their website showing the coach being chased.  It was all uncalled for.  I agree #62 should be suspended.  I do believe the officials initially ejected him.  It used to be an IHSAA rule that if a player was ejected from a game they are automatically ejected for 4 quarters.  So if a player was ejected in the 3rd quarter they would have to sit out the 4th quarter and would not be eligible to play until the 4th quarter of the next game.  Wayne has also been accused of damaging the visitor's lockerroom.  From the pictures posted on social media it looks like the wall was punched and hole was put in the wall, perhaps it was a player taking out frustration after being ejected or after the game due to loosing.  Some of the other "damage" looked like just normal wear from players rubbing the corner of the wall.  Either way, when there are at least 5 unsportsmanlike penalties against one team and two players ejected, a fight or brawl is bound to happen.

For the record, I don't agree with the actions of any of the players or fans running out onto the field.  Sad thing is, the clock was running non-stop due to Mississinewa being up 35 points and Mississinewa was marching down the field to potentially score again.  There were several police officers that respond to the game to make sure everybody was able to leave safely and to my knowledge everybody was able to leave safely.  

9 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

I was not at the game but did stop by to watch a little from the parking lot.  I watched Mississinewa score their final touchdown and after the running back was clearly in the endzone, officials gave the touchdown signal, and RB dropped the ball, a Wayne player shoved him.  Wayne had 5 unsportsmanlike penalties in the game before the brawl.  Mississinewa's #62 was in the wrong for shoving the Wayne player and a flag was thrown very quickly for it as well.  Then 2 or 3 Wayne players attacked #62. People are saying that there were words exchanged between players in reference to a dad and racial slurs.  The players know what was said not the fans, so who knows what provoked this brawl. The fans from Wayne jumped the fence and ran onto the field.  Then a Wayne player chased Mississinewa's coach across the field.  WaneTv out of Fort Wayne has it posted on their website showing the coach being chased.  It was all uncalled for.  I agree #62 should be suspended.  I do believe the officials initially ejected him.  It used to be an IHSAA rule that if a player was ejected from a game they are automatically ejected for 4 quarters.  So if a player was ejected in the 3rd quarter they would have to sit out the 4th quarter and would not be eligible to play until the 4th quarter of the next game.  Wayne has also been accused of damaging the visitor's lockerroom.  From the pictures posted on social media it looks like the wall was punched and hole was put in the wall, perhaps it was a player taking out frustration after being ejected or after the game due to loosing.  Some of the other "damage" looked like just normal wear from players rubbing the corner of the wall.  Either way, when there are at least 5 unsportsmanlike penalties against one team and two players ejected, a fight or brawl is bound to happen.

For the record, I don't agree with the actions of any of the players or fans running out onto the field.  Sad thing is, the clock was running non-stop due to Mississinewa being up 35 points and Mississinewa was marching down the field to potentially score again.  There were several police officers that respond to the game to make sure everybody was able to leave safely and to my knowledge everybody was able to leave safely.  

Appreciate the context. Sounds like blood was boiling and the cheap shot by the Mississinewa player put everyone over the edge. Don’t condone the brawl but that likely never happens if #62 doesn’t do what he did and they’re able to finish the game with triple 0’s on the clock. Bad look for both programs here, hopefully Wayne pays for the locker room damage.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Appreciate the context. Sounds like blood was boiling and the cheap shot by the Mississinewa player put everyone over the edge. Don’t condone the brawl but that likely never happens if #62 doesn’t do what he did and they’re able to finish the game with triple 0’s on the clock. Bad look for both programs here, hopefully Wayne pays for the locker room damage.

I agree.  It makes both programs look bad.  Like I said, the players know what was said and not the fans.  If the officials were hearing things they should have stopped the clocks and talked to both head coach's.  Then tell the coach's to pull their teams together and talk to them about it.  Had this been done, perhaps things don't escalate to what happened.  At the same time, kids are kids and say things during the heat of the moment and competition that they shouldn't say.  It will be interesting to see if the IHSAA steps in and takes disciplinary actions against the schools, coach's, and/or players.  Wayne is not the first school to damage a lockerroom at Mississinewa.  I am sure that Mississinewa has damaged lockerrooms over the years as well.  

13 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

The bolded portion is NOT correct.  If you are ejected, pursuant to NFHS rules, you are OUT for the next contest at ALL levels for the week.  So if you are a Varsity player...see ya in 2 weeks.  

As for anything else related to damage, etc...  I am sure that the Ole Miss administration will/shall report that to the IHSAA/FWCS for any further renumeration, and or administrative actions.  

Sad to see that once again, WHS is the initiator of actions that will/may impact its athletic program in such a negative light.  Even with the actions of a Mississinewa player (62) perhaps being the instigator of the primary action..... He will be dealt with!  

4 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

The bolded portion is NOT correct.  If you are ejected, pursuant to NFHS rules, you are OUT for the next contest at ALL levels for the week.  So if you are a Varsity player...see ya in 2 weeks.  

As for anything else related to damage, etc...  I am sure that the Ole Miss administration will/shall report that to the IHSAA/FWCS for any further renumeration, and or administrative actions.  

Sad to see that once again, WHS is the initiator of actions that will/may impact its athletic program in such a negative light.  Even with the actions of a Mississinewa player (62) perhaps being the instigator of the primary action..... He will be dealt with!  

I thought it was suspended for a week if a player or coach was ejected but then also heard that it was 4 quarters.  So the Wayne players that were suspended would they be suspended for a game in the next sport they play since their season is over?  Or does it carry over until the next Football season?  Also can an ejected player be on the sidelines the next week that is their suspension game?

And yes, the Mississinewa player will be dealt with by the administration and coaching staff.  

7 minutes ago, Indiansreloaded said:

I thought it was suspended for a week if a player or coach was ejected but then also heard that it was 4 quarters.  So the Wayne players that were suspended would they be suspended for a game in the next sport they play since their season is over?  Or does it carry over until the next Football season?  Also can an ejected player be on the sidelines the next week that is their suspension game?

And yes, the Mississinewa player will be dealt with by the administration and coaching staff.  

NCAA not NFHS...  

YES....  PERHAPS

NO

Edited by Yuccaguy

6 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

It used to be an IHSAA rule that if a player was ejected from a game they are automatically ejected for 4 quarters.  So if a player was ejected in the 3rd quarter they would have to sit out the 4th quarter and would not be eligible to play until the 4th quarter of the next game.

I am unaware of this procedure. My experience is if a kid is disqualified, he’s out for the rest of that game, and all of the next regardless of when he was disqualified.

9 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

If you can video of tonight's Mississinewa and Fort Wayne Wayne game it was wild.  Wayne had 2 players ejected in the 3rd quarter.  Then with 7:05 left in the game, the officials called the game due to the number of unsportsmanlike penalties.   One of the Wayne players chased Mississinewa's coach around the field.  I am sure the IHSAA will be looking at the film and reviewing it to determine if there are any suspensions of players and coach's from both teams.  It wouldn't surprise me if the IHSAA suspends players from Wayne in the next sport they play this school year.  

Mississinewa has one running back that is 100 yards shy of 2,000 rushing yards on the season and another running back that has almost 1,500 yards rushing on the season.   The Northridge game will be a good one.  Hopefully the goal post is straight in the West endzone.  

How sad and infuriating.  Kids need to be taught how to manage their emotions - and how important dignity is…whether in victory or defeat (because life will bring plenty of both).

Potential SS locations/games 

CLASS 4A
  Lowell [9-3] at Mississinewa [9-2]
or Northridge [8-4] at New Prairie [10-2]
or Lowell [9-3] at Northridge [8-4]
or New Prairie [10-2] at Mississinewa [9-2]

Mount Vernon (Fortville) [11-1] at East Central [10-2]
or Evansville Memorial [10-2] at Indianapolis Roncalli [12-0]
or Mount Vernon (Fortville) [11-1] at Evansville Memorial [10-2]
or Indianapolis Roncalli [12-0] at East Central [10-2

28 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Potential SS locations/games 

CLASS 4A
  Lowell [9-3] at Mississinewa [9-2]
or Northridge [8-4] at New Prairie [10-2]
or Lowell [9-3] at Northridge [8-4]
or New Prairie [10-2] at Mississinewa [9-2]

Mount Vernon (Fortville) [11-1] at East Central [10-2]
or Evansville Memorial [10-2] at Indianapolis Roncalli [12-0]
or Mount Vernon (Fortville) [11-1] at Evansville Memorial [10-2]
or Indianapolis Roncalli [12-0] at East Central [10-2

That would be the 5th out of 5 regionals or SS for Roncalli to be at EC.  

3 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Wait, what happened to the Rebels?  Don’t tell me…

That particular “noun” or “designation” regardless of context, can no longer be spoken of openly in polite society these days….apparently.

No doubt the “verb” may soon be removed from the lexicon as well. 

Edited by Lysander

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Easy. Political Correctness.    

Don't know why individuals are afraid to call it what it is.

On the scale of supposedly offensive mascots, Rebels seems awfully tame.  And “Royals” is embarrassingly bad, to boot.

I sure am glad Archbishop Thompson (whom I  personally know, BTW…he was briefly our Bishop in Evansville) has his priorities in order.  And that’s all I’ll say about it.  People can read between the lines of that deliberately cryptic statement what they will.

They should’ve called themselves “Roncalli Football Team” just to be appropriately flippant.

I have no love for Dan Snyder.  But I saluted that he did that when the NFL forced him to surrender the R word.  You want me to change our name? Fine…we’re the Washington Football Team.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

39 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

With Roncalli losing tonight, Memorial is the clear favorite in 4A at this point as I expect them to blow out East Central tomorrow night. 

LOL. The only clear thing is that our tailgate will be rockin' Hopefully we can pull it out. Would be nice to host back to back games at Enlow.