Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 8

Well since Irish Man scared everyone off and Attica bashing is against state law I reckon I’ll do week 8

Attica at South Newtons home of Gippers

North Vermilions at Fountain Centrals. This should be called The Pizza Bowl.

Riverton Parkes at The Woofs. Woofs have a new assistant 

South Vermilions at Seegers. Who’s the coach, or can we ask?

Tri Counties at Covington. I bet they get confused during 4H fairs!

Ok let it rip. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Ok it’s week 8 and only I’ve only seen 2 posters with a red name. Me and the fertility king of Arcadia @gonzoronaka Gonzos. Red means you’re not a tightass freeloader and donated to the GIDs. If my mom Phyllis can give me 30 sticky singles your moms can too!

DONATE! STATE LAW!

I just made a guest appearance last week because of the Blackhawks...........but I concur, Donate fokes!

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Ok it’s week 8 and only I’ve only seen 2 posters with a red name. Me and the fertility king of Arcadia @gonzoronaka Gonzos. Red means you’re not a tightass freeloader and donated to the GIDs. If my mom Phyllis can give me 30 sticky singles your moms can too!

DONATE! STATE LAW!

Hey My name should be red. State Law!

This is a test!

• Haha 1

SOUTH NEWTON vs. ATTICA - This may actually be closer than some would think. The Rebels are much improved this year, but The Ramblers will still play hard. First win for the Ramblers? Not yet. SN 28 - ATTICA 20

NORTH VERMILLION vs. FOUNTAIN CENTRAL - I think the Falcons get the Mustangs back for last year, in a close one. First Annual Pizza Bowl goes to the Falcons. Maybe they can bronze a pizza pan or something for the traveling trophy? NV 42 - FC 36

RIVERTON PARKE vs. PARKE HERITAGE - The Parke County Pounder Game. Is it really a trophy game if you make up your own trophy? The Panthers need to get the ball back on the ground to eat up clock and limit the Woolfs possessions. We'll see what happens with the extra defensive help the Woolfs have added. PH 49 - RP 20

SOUTH VERMILLION vs. SEEGER - The Wildcats get the Patriots back for last year's Sectional loss. Although, I don't think it'll mean as much with some of the cast missing on the Patriots' sideline. SV 35 - SEEGER 26

COVINGTON vs. TRI-COUNTY - The Trojans beef up their passing statistics against the winless Cavaliers. COVINGTON 49 - TRI-COUNTY 14

Edited by Bear54

15 minutes ago, Dolts said:

Is the addition of a former WRC Defensive Coordinator to the Wolfs' staff last week enough to propel them to the ever elusive WRC Championship?  Sectional Title?

The Wolfs would have to lose to both RP and FC to not win at least part of the WRC this year.  I don’t see them losing either, no matter who is or isn’t coaching for them.  Weakest season for WRC football in a long time.  

On 10/5/2021 at 3:01 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Well since Irish Man scared everyone off and Attica bashing is against state law I reckon I’ll do week 8

Attica at South Newtons home of Gippers

North Vermilions at Fountain Centrals. This should be called The Pizza Bowl.

Riverton Parkes at The Woofs. Woofs have a new assistant 

South Vermilions at Seegers. Who’s the coach, or can we ask?

Tri Counties at Covington. I bet they get confused during 4H fairs!

Ok let it rip. 

Thanks for the recognition--I've always liked the WRC and would have been happy if SN would have been a member, even in my day.

SN, 39-6

NV 28-20

PH 19,14

Stephanie White HS, 23-21

Covington 69-13

3 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Thanks for the recognition--I've always liked the WRC and would have been happy if SN would have been a member, even in my day.

SN, 39-6

NV 28-20

PH 19,14

Covington 69-13

What year were you a Rebel? Surprised they haven’t been forced to change their name. Can’t hurt any feelings. STATE LAW!

Imagine the drive from South Newtons to Riverton Parkes!

Edited by Donnie Baker

South Newton (-6.5) vs Attica.  — My Montezuma bookie is giving Attica +6.5.  The pride of joy of Riverton Parke, Brad Bevis, gets a W for the Newton’s and evens his record to 4-4.  Here’s to hoping Attica draws Cloverdale in the sectional and gets their first W  In two weeks.  SN 30 Attica 20

NV (-13.5) vs FC  —  This game could be a toss up/pick em, but the Mustangs have trouble scoring points.  Outside of Attica, they are the lowest scoring team in the conference.  Factor in the coaching advantage and NV covers the spread.   Coach Sage - Draft the paperwork for FC be called the Pretenders.   
NV 42 FC 27

RP vs PH (-23.5) —  I won’t deny it , I’m a proud RP grad with a growing allegiance to the Roncalli Rebels   I’d love nothing more than to see Coach Sanders rip off a few winning seasons in the next couple years.   To me, the story of this game is coaches and not for the reasons stated above.   What’s the record for the number of coaches that attended Franklin college on one sideline?  Moore Jr, Batty, Petrillo, and Neely!!   Before you know it, Big Chuck Sorrell and Ryan Good will he added to the staff.  Someone get Coach Sage an honorary Grizzly degree before he’s jettisoned for not having qualified.   RP covers with the points given. PH 50 RP 27 

SV (-3.5) vs Seeger —   The tailspin continues for the Patriots   SV climbs to 4-4 with a chance to get the D1’s above .500 next week vs Attica.    SV 42 Seeger 13 

Covington (-42.5) vs Tri County —  This one goes to a running clock quickly.   Coach Brown gets to rest his starters early. Unless their are records to break, this one may be closer than it appears, simply due to starters not playing.  Trojans cover      Cov 60 Tri 13 

Looking ahead to the sectional, South Putnam will win again this week making them 7-1 and on to a meeting with Linton next week.   I’m personally looking forward to that game as a barometer for how good Chuckie’s team really is.  

36 minutes ago, KAllen said:

South Newton (-6.5) vs Attica.  — My Montezuma bookie is giving Attica +6.5.  The pride of joy of Riverton Parke, Brad Bevis, gets a W for the Newton’s and evens his record to 4-4.  Here’s to hoping Attica draws Cloverdale in the sectional and gets their first W  In two weeks.  SN 30 Attica 20

NV (-13.5) vs FC  —  This game could be a toss up/pick em, but the Mustangs have trouble scoring points.  Outside of Attica, they are the lowest scoring team in the conference.  Factor in the coaching advantage and NV covers the spread.   Coach Sage - Draft the paperwork for FC be called the Pretenders.   
NV 42 FC 27

RP vs PH (-23.5) —  I won’t deny it , I’m a proud RP grad with a growing allegiance to the Roncalli Rebels   I’d love nothing more than to see Coach Sanders rip off a few winning seasons in the next couple years.   To me, the story of this game is coaches and not for the reasons stated above.   What’s the record for the number of coaches that attended Franklin college on one sideline?  Moore Jr, Batty, Petrillo, and Neely!!   Before you know it, Big Chuck Sorrell and Ryan Good will he added to the staff.  Someone get Coach Sage an honorary Grizzly degree before he’s jettisoned for not having qualified.   RP covers with the points given. PH 50 RP 27 

SV (-3.5) vs Seeger —   The tailspin continues for the Patriots   SV climbs to 4-4 with a chance to get the D1’s above .500 next week vs Attica.    SV 42 Seeger 13 

Covington (-42.5) vs Tri County —  This one goes to a running clock quickly.   Coach Brown gets to rest his starters early. Unless their are records to break, this one may be closer than it appears, simply due to starters not playing.  Trojans cover      Cov 60 Tri 13 

Looking ahead to the sectional, South Putnam will win again this week making them 7-1 and on to a meeting with Linton next week.   I’m personally looking forward to that game as a barometer for how good Chuckie’s team really is.  

What exactly is Fountain Centrals pretending to be? Just a program trying to recover from the mess the last coach and AD left. 

3 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

What year were you a Rebel? Surprised they haven’t been forced to change their name. Can’t hurt any feelings. STATE LAW!

Imagine the drive from South Newtons to Riverton Parkes!

Way back in the 80s.  I am a little surprised the name has stuck.  Then again, they’re trying to pull an Ole Miss by ignoring the Old South by replacing Johnny Reb with Sir Newton, a southern gentleman.  Good in theory, but almost every farmer in Newton County wears Carhartts.

Yes, Riverton Parke would  have been quite a jaunt, just as Pioneer and Caston were.  Even Winamac and to a certain extent West Central (although they’re in the MWC 2.0) weren’t real close by.

Attica @ South Newton - Saw South Newton was 3-4 and I know Attica is down so I'm going to take the team with the better record.. SN 33 Attica 6

North Vermillion @ Fountain Central - I remember when this game was basically the conference championship.. now its the battle for the middle.. NV looks to be pretty tough offensively. The qb is decent and the Tryon kid has really stuck out this year. For FC they have to find a way to put points on the board.. They haven't been able to do it at all this year and I'm not sure it'll happen this week either. NV 42 FC 20

Riverton Parke @ Parke Heritage - Does this count as the Bridge Fest Bowl?? Parke Heritage will win this game by at least 4 scores. I see RP keeping it close in the first quarter but the Wolves are just too much to handle. Johnson will throw all over the defense and RP running back can't do it all. PH 63 RP 14

South Vermillion @ Seeger - The coaching struggles may continue in Seeger but they always play hard and come ready to play.. South Vermillion looks like they got their D1 qb rolling just in time for sectionals though. He threw for 3 tds and rushed for one last week. I see him to continue to play well into the post season. SV 35 Seeger 20

Tri - County @ Covington - Mr. Karrfalt and the Trojans add to those passing statistics this week.. He'll throw for 350+ yards, rush for 100 and score 6+ total touchdowns.. Covington is my sleeper for the sectional.. I don't want to draw Covington if I'm in this sectional.. Covington 64 TC 21 

4 hours ago, Gipper said:

SN, 39-6

NV 28-20

PH 19,14

Covington 69-13

Come on over anytime. They don’t mind a Winamacs/Faith Christians guy on here!😎

1 hour ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

If my memory serves me correct that didn’t help in 2018 when the wolfs brought the same defensive coach in. 

The Woofs definitely have the WRC wrapped up. I’m still going with South Putnams for the sectional. Covington could scare the top 2 with a huge passing game the way they started against the Woofs earlier but I don’t see any upsets. 

1 hour ago, Donnie Baker said:

Come on over anytime. They don’t mind a Winamacs/Faith Christians guy on here!😎

Actually, I love the part of the state.  My wife is from southern Indiana and US 41 takes me through Warren and Vermillion Counties.

6 hours ago, KAllen said:

NV 42 FC 27

So KAllen, in what scenario is there not a running clock in this game with the Wolfs and RP?  You’ve only predicted a 23 pt spread.  That is a mighty stretch given who the Panthers and Wolfs  have both played and given the results?  

8 hours ago, wrcsage said:

the

There are no scenarios, Coach.  It’s not real.   (And I’m a homer)

But if it was real, I don’t see any scenario based on coaching, recruiting, opponents, playoff schedule, weather and fan base that PH isn’t a 30 point favorite in every game all the way to the state finals.   State finals or bust, per the bookies, of course.    Go Grizzlies! 

South Newton vs Attica - South Newton 38-6

NV vs FC - Ill take NV in this one. Defense has shown it was a little better than early in the season. We know they can score, but FC's highest scoring game outside of Attica is 26 against RP and Frontier. NV hung 46 on RP. Ill go 41-12 NV

RP vs PH - There will be an early running clock. Ill go 49-16 PH

SV vs Seeger - Seeger is all over the place, beating the Trojan by 20, scoring 50, but only beating FC by 7 scoring 22. IllI guess it depends what Seeger shows up. Ill take the SV QB here. 36-21

Covington vs Tri County - Trojans by whatever they want. Look for 89 passes attempted and 742 yards from the Trojans. 89-6

13 hours ago, Coach Herman Boone said:

If my memory serves me correct that didn’t help in 2018 when the wolfs brought the same defensive coach in. 

Yes I remember that.  It would take an act of God for the Wolfs to not win even a share of the conference, if not completely outright. But in 2018 the defensive coach didn't have the "opportunity" to join the staff in Week 7.  Can he propel them to a Sectional Championship?

Will he join the Wolfs' wrestling staff this winter?

50 minutes ago, Dolts said:

Yes I remember that.  It would take an act of God for the Wolfs to not win even a share of the conference, if not completely outright. But in 2018 the defensive coach didn't have the "opportunity" to join the staff in Week 7.  Can he propel them to a Sectional Championship?

Will he join the Wolfs' wrestling staff this winter?

What’s his “real “ job?

15 hours ago, Gipper said:

Actually, I love the part of the state.  My wife is from southern Indiana and US 41 takes me through Warren and Vermillion Counties.

Point of fact: US 41 does not go through Vermillion County, it goes through Fountain and Parke Counties.  63 goes through Warren and Vermillion Counties.  Inconsequential and petty I know, but I am a geography nerd.

Carry on...

2 minutes ago, wabashalwaysfights said:

Point of fact: US 41 does not go through Vermillion County, it goes through Fountain and Parke Counties.  63 goes through Warren and Vermillion Counties.  Inconsequential and petty I know, but I am a geography nerd.

Carry on...

From one earth nerd to another: thanks, I forgot about that tasty nugget.   Speaking of taste, what ever road it is goes by the Beef House--good eating!