Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional Semi’s Point Spreads

**HYPOTHETICAL** point spreads for the best games this week. (Bringing this back as I saw that there are similar threads on Ohio’s hs football forum using imaginary point spreads)

Not a ton of great games this week

GOTW: Homestead at FW Carroll (-6.5)

Penn (-15) at Elkhart

Fishers at HSE (-17.5)

Mishawaka at Concord (-4)

Harrison WL at Zionsville (-7.5)

Bloomington South at Castle (pk)

New Prairie (-2) at Culver 

East Central at Mooresville (-4.5)

Mishawaka Marian (-11) at Tippecanoe Valley

Warren Central (-24) at Lawrence Central

3 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

**HYPOTHETICAL** point spreads for the best games this week. (Bringing this back as I saw that there are similar threads on Ohio’s hs football forum using imaginary point spreads)

Penn (-15) at Elkhart

Fishers at HSE (-17.5)

I would pick GOTW as East Central/Mooresville.  Given the last 2 meetings I think EC gets it done this time.  A little bit of weather is forecast and as they always say - defense and run game travels. 

Regardless of who wins, I think it should be a great game. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Penn (-15) at Elkhart

Fishers at HSE (-17.5)

I would take EC, but they edge Mooresville by a FG

1 hour ago, Bears62 said:

Penn (-15) at Elkhart

Fishers at HSE (-17.5)

You buying this action?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

I have to admit I'm not a gambler so I really don't understand what these numbers mean for each contest mean.

He has WC at -24 at LC. That means he has WC as a favored to win by 24 points. so the minus and the number is the spread he has set up. In Vegas style, the spread is supposed to tempt people into placing a bet. The lines can adjust based on betting trends as the week goes on. You have the option of picking the favorite, but if you do, they have to match the spread you placed your bet at. You can also bet for the under dog to cover the spread; so if I take LC to cover, and they lose by less than 24, my bet pays out. Now, taking the -6.5....the actual spread is 7.

Hope that helps

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

He has WC at -24 at LC. That means he has WC as a favored to win by 24 points. so the minus and the number is the spread he has set up. In Vegas style, the spread is supposed to tempt people into placing a bet. The lines can adjust based on betting trends as the week goes on. You have the option of picking the favorite, but if you do, they have to match the spread you placed your bet at. You can also bet for the under dog to cover the spread; so if I take LC to cover, and they lose by less than 24, my bet pays out. Now, taking the -6.5....the actual spread is 7.

Hope that helps

A little, yes.  So the team with the number in parentheses is the favorite?  And sorry but I'm still not following what the +/- means next to the number.

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

A little, yes.  So the team with the number in parentheses is the favorite?  And sorry but I'm still not following what the +/- means next to the number.

the + and - simply identify the underdog and favorite respectively. 

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

That's interesting.

Its a bit intriguing as LC played much better football down the stretch and who knows as Warren is coming off of two consecutive losses to end the season and took an additional week off.

I still expect a fairly easy Warren win but the 24 would make me nervous.  FWIW, Sagarin has it at roughly 10 when home field is factored in.  I'll say it end up being something between the two.

4 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Penn (-15) at Elkhart

Fishers at HSE (-17.5)

Would be tempted to take Tippy Valley and the points.  Strength of schedule hurts Valley some.  

Good lord, give me Elkhart and New Prairie and name the max.  Free Money.  Id take Marian too.

I think Mishawaka/Concord is game of the week.  I see the winner beating City, Valpo and prolly Snider to represent the North and take the Cathedral beating at LOS

36 minutes ago, Johnsnow said:

I think Mishawaka/Concord is game of the week.  I see the winner beating City, Valpo and prolly Snider to represent the North and take the Cathedral beating at LOS

5 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

That would be quite the shocker

I agree completely @scarab527. Having seen all 3 teams play against Warsaw this year, I would be shocked to see either team run that gauntlet. Either would be lucky to beat Michigan City in my opinion. No way either beats Valpo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bears62 said:

How so? You think it should be higher? WC won first meeting by 35. LC coming off about as impressive of a loss as you can have losing to Carmel only 14-0.

No. I would be surprised if LC is 24 points worse than WC at this point. Coach Patterson is doing a heck of a job.

16 hours ago, temptation said:

Its a bit intriguing as LC played much better football down the stretch and who knows as Warren is coming off of two consecutive losses to end the season and took an additional week off.

I still expect a fairly easy Warren win but the 24 would make me nervous.  FWIW, Sagarin has it at roughly 10 when home field is factored in.  I'll say it end up being something between the two.

LC is a very talented football team. Speed all over the place. Coach Patterson has done a great job.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Penn won the first game 31-3. You know something I don’t?

1) Game was at Penn.  Thats a big deal for teams up here still.  14 pts if creating a betting line for numerous reasons.  It was 17-3 with Elk driving in 4th qtr so not really indicative of the score.

2) Game was right at peak of Elk injuries with many kids being hurt the week prior.  Having a short week to figure out who to play and where was a big factor in that game.  Kids playing spots they had never played etc.  

3) Elk beat NP and Penn lost to NP in last couple weeks. 

Think it'll be close game

Also don't see Culver stopping NP run game so Id take NP too if that line is -2

Quick question that maybe somebody could help me out with, according to john Harrell's site, it says Cathedral will be away for the sectional championship next week regardless of Decatur or THS winning. I realize it will probably be Decatur, but if it was THS, wouldn't Cathedral still be home? They are on the bottom of the bracket and both teams would have played the same number of away games thus far (which is the rules according to the IHSAA for determining sectional championship host). This is the same thing for Zionsville in their sectional. Was wondering if somebody could clear that up. Maybe John Harrell's site is wrong or maybe that is the correct way it is with these 5 team sectionals with the teams who had to play the extra game.