• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Coach Nowlin

Current D1 Recruits: Offers/Verbals

That's the thing. They might make an offer to those kids, but they didn't recruit them. If you talk to the kids and parents of the top recruits in the state, they tell you that they aren't getting attention from IU and Purdue like they are from the out of state schools. Making an offer isn't the same thing as recruiting. My kid gets texts, emails, phone calls, letters, and God knows what else. And he isn't even a top level recruit. But he certainly knows which schools are making a serious run at him.

Per his twitter account, Center Grove's Jovan Swann now has an offer from Stanford University to consider.  

Totally Agree... I read that Central Indiana football was ranked 3rd in the Country 2 years ago. How Purdue and IU don't grab the top talent from the State is ridiculous.

Top talent want to play for top schools. Those programs don't get the same media attention the SEC schools and big time B1G and Pac schools get. They want to be on tv or be on a winning team.

Underclassmen with new offers

S Bryant Fitzgerald, Avon - IU

OL Brit Beery, Carmel - IU

OL Caleb Jones, Lawrence North - IU

OL Curtis Blackwell, Norwell - Toledo

RB Markese Stepp, Cathedral - IU

Kyle Williams is a sleeper and if Temple gets him, it's a steal.  He's lean and needs bulk muscle, but has all the tools and at 6'4" could really turn out to be something at the next level.

Castle High School 2016 WR/TE Will Randell offered by Butler.  Will is 6'5", 215lbs, runs a 4.75 40 & has a 42" vertical.  Also a D1 baseball prospect.

Castle High School 2016 WR/TE Will Randell offered by Butler.  Will is 6'5", 215lbs, runs a 4.75 40 & has a 42" vertical.  Also a D1 baseball prospect.

Randell's recruitment will be interesting to follow. I don't know which sport he's considered the better prospect. I'd say probably football with his size and speed, but he did bat over .400 as a junior and plays for the premier travel team in the state. His Hudl page agrees with you on the 40-time but not so much the 42 inch vertical, though! That'd be very impressive.

I'll also add here that I spoke with a UIndy player today that went to Evansville Reitz and he said they're actively recruiting "a couple" Reitz players. I'm honestly not sure who, but outside linebacker/wide receiever Will Brown was their best all-around player this year before his injury and I'd bet he's one of them. 

editADD: In addition to Randell being offered by Butler, Evansville North senior center/nose tackle Bryce Brown has also been offered by the Bulldogs.

Edited by patmhickey

Jovan Swann (DL Center Grove) just picked up his 20th offer...this time from the Univ of Virginia.  He now has offers from the Big 10, PAC 12, SEC, ACC, AAC, and MAC.  I love to see the # of academic schools such as Stanford, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, UVA, Navy, etc., along with so many other quality schools. Demonstrates this is a very bright young man, as well as quite the athlete.  Congrats Jovan!!

RB Hunter Bates from Adams Central is going to Northwestern Kentucky Tech State. 2017 OL Kyle Brown has multiple D1 offers including OSU,USC,Bama, Florida...etc

Where can this be verified?

RB Hunter Bates from Adams Central is going to Northwestern Kentucky Tech State. 2017 OL Kyle Brown has multiple D1 offers including OSU,USC,Bama, Florida...etc

Where can this be verified?

Edited by IndianaPreps

Interesting since Butler is a non-scholarship program.  Perhaps the offer was for baseball?

Northwestern Kentucky Tech State

Are they FBS or FCS? 

Heard they will be in SEC in 2018