• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Coach Nowlin

Current D1 Recruits: Offers/Verbals

Posted (edited)

WL's Karlaftis has apparently been offered by "The U" where his father played according to various tweets. This was the offer he was supposedly waiting for.  

Edited by nmsu aggie

2 hours ago, nmsu aggie said:

WL's Karlaftis has apparently been offered by "The U" where his father played according to various tweets. This was the offer he was supposedly waiting for.  

Congrats to George the Animal!!  

If he becomes only half the football player he is the shot putter, that will be pretty good!

Eastern Greene's Caleb Hamilton picked up an offer from Indiana State 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Are NAIA offers and commits too small to mention here? BTW Takkle4 congratulations on your Son. Looks like great things in front of him. Good job Dad or should I say congrats on your kids and their accomplishments

Edited by Sandman55

12 hours ago, tommy said:

Michigan City Wolves 6'3 205lb Junior Middle Linebacker Chase Triplett has received an offer from Notre Dame.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/4007/chase-triplett-recaps-notre-dame-visit

As of now, Triplett is still waiting for his first offer, but that will change any day now. The three-star prospect is in contact with multiple schools in the Midwest and is looking to get out on the road this fall. 

I watched him 1st hand this summer, No doubt he is D1 kid, but that article you posted stated that it was a VISIT no offer was made. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Chase-Triplett-94859/RecruitInterests

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

As of now, Triplett is still waiting for his first offer, but that will change any day now. The three-star prospect is in contact with multiple schools in the Midwest and is looking to get out on the road this fall. 

I watched him 1st hand this summer, No doubt he is D1 kid, but that article you posted stated that it was a VISIT no offer was made. 

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Chase-Triplett-94859/RecruitInterests

I am excited at the porospect of seeing the 2nd linebacker get a chance to play at Notre Dame.  First Josh Barajas and now Chase Tripplet.

You may want to travel down to hang out with Brock Spack and Illinois St to see Josh Barajas play 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I know this is about Indiana HS recruits, but I thought I would throw this out there since it is national news today. The nations number one overall recruit chose UGA today. My son played high school ball at Harrison. They are a 6A school in Kennesaw. I attended many games at Hoya Stadium. 

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/20934661/no-1-recruit-justin-fields-commits-georgia-bulldogs

Edited by Gahoosierfan
Spelling.

Kirby Smart and his staff are absolutely tearing it up on the recruiting trail.  They are going to make a legitimate run at Alabama and could even overtake the Tide over the long haul with Smart at the controls.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Avon Junior RB Sampson James (1,053 yards, 13TDs) picked up offers from Cincinnati and Minnesota to go along with his IU offer over the weekend. 

Added Iowa yesterday to the list yesterday 10/12 

Edited by EasyEJay
update
  • Upvote 1

Paul Moala from Penn HS in Mishawaka tweeted this earlier today. 

Screenshot_20171022-194559.png

Screenshot_20171022-194734.png

Screenshot_20171022-194739.png

• Like 1

Cathedral's Emil Ekiyor has flipped his commitment from Michigan to Alabama.  He just couldn't pass up the opportunity.  He's the first player from Cathedral to even be offered by Alabama, iirc.

Christian Covington offered by Indiana State. I would expect other schools to be offering as well,