Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash Valley Coaches All Star Game - Black beats Gold 36-12

i know there are numerous teams involved from both Indiana and Illinois.

The Illinois teams are 

Olney(East Richland)

Newton

Robinson

Marshall

Red Hill

Mattoon

Tri-County

Lawrenceville

Casey-Westfield

Cumberland

Paris

Indiana Teams include

North Central(Farmersburg)

North Daviess

South Vermillion

Owen Valley

North Putnam

Cascade

West Vigo

Terre Haute South

Terre Haute North

Parke Heritage

Monrovia

Eastern Greene

Linton-Stockton

Riverton Parke

Northview

Indian Creek

Greencastle

Sullivan

Covington

North Vermillion

South Putnam

Union Dugger

Cloverdale

Edgewood

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I am assuming then based on that information that the game was played in Terre Haute, somewhere on Indiana State's campus?

Memorial Stadium

This is a great event.  The Western Indiana Conference has rabid football fans and they support their schools better than any other area of the state.  

Well - which is it? The southern part or western part of the state? (said in complete jest)

Definitely agree this is very cool. Curious about what other areas in the state have something similar? There was like a few years there was something in South Bend a few years back that I don't think ever took off. It comprised the greater Michiana area into 4 regions I believe. Something like Michigan, South Bend, East, and West and it was for every sport under the sun it felt like. I can't find anything on it online right now, but maybe someone else will remember what I'm talking about here.

19 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Well - which is it? The southern part or western part of the state? (said in complete jest)

Definitely agree this is very cool. Curious about what other areas in the state have something similar? There was like a few years there was something in South Bend a few years back that I don't think ever took off. It comprised the greater Michiana area into 4 regions I believe. Something like Michigan, South Bend, East, and West and it was for every sport under the sun it felt like. I can't find anything on it online right now, but maybe someone else will remember what I'm talking about here.

The North is falling further behind.  The North could really use a shot in the arm with a regional all star game like this Wabash Valley event.  Id like to see NWI vs NEI at Ames Field in Michigan City.  Same time frame in late June before the IFCA All Star Game.  

Edited by DT