Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2022 Metropolitan Interscholastic Conference Thread (MIC)

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Nice pot shot at the previous coordinators…

not at all. i like mann and what he brought to the defense, but if u know WC football TUTSIE is the MAN.....highly respected and arguably the 2nd mastermind behind the WC football dynasty behind kevin wright.....the new o=coord is jimmy graves who used to be head coach at PIKE..

4 minutes ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

not at all. i like mann and what he brought to the defense, but if u know WC football TUTSIE is the MAN.....highly respected and arguably the 2nd mastermind behind the WC football dynasty behind kevin wright.....the new o=coord is jimmy graves who used to be head coach at PIKE..

I’ll set the over/under at 5.5 regular season wins, you taking the over I assume?

Edited by temptation

19 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Better. Still hard to say cause I think they top out at 5 wins. And that's if they don't slip up against the remaining MIC teams... 

I mean just looking at the schedule, you could make the honest argument they are at an elite talent deficit against nearly every team on their schedule.  Never thought I would say that about a Warren outfit.  

They have the Walker kid, who is a borderline power 5 guy and a couple younger guys getting power 5 looks and their depth should be an advantage as their unproven guys did well at the freshman/JV levels.  They’ll have to grow up in a hurry.

Looking at 247’s rankings/Warren’s schedule:

Center Grove has zero kids listed though I do know they just had a kid commit to Ohio.

King has three power 5 kids in the 2023 class and another half dozen who are kid/low major guys.  They are a top 100 team nationally.

NC, yes NC has two seniors (one power 5 and one MAC) committed to play at the next level.

LC has a kid going to LSU, enough said.

BD has a couple of kids listed who will play at the mid major level.

PIKE, yes PIKE has two kids that are/will commit to low power 5/high mid major programs.

LN has at least one kid that will play significantly at the mid major level.

Carmel is loaded with a trio of power 5 guys.

Christian Brothers (MO) is a top 100 team nationally like King and is littered with power 5 talent across the board.

Edited by temptation

ill take over at 6-8 wins.....i trust the coaching....i trust the conditioning, i know the DNA most of these kids come from, and im not just saying that because im a former player, coach or alum....the far east side had been counted out recently, every since WEST left. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FAREASTSIDEWC said:

ill take over at 6-8 wins.....i trust the coaching....i trust the conditioning, i know the DNA most of these kids come from, and im not just saying that because im a former player, coach or alum....the far east side had been counted out recently, every since WEST left. 

Just to be clear, we are not counting the sectional which is two guaranteed wins, correct?

40 minutes ago, temptation said:

Just to be clear, we are not counting the sectional which is two guaranteed wins, correct?

I think they top out at 6 wins for the entire year. 4-5 regular season, win sectional, lose regional.

You might be selling Detroit King a little short. Dante Moore is the best QB in the country not named Arch Manning and many think he has a better upside given his mobility. Just won the Elite 11 (Arch didn't participate) last week.

6 hours ago, DT said:

Indiana Fan

I consider you to be one of the most astute, respected and admired members of the GID Forum.

Im surprised by your response here.

Lets look at the facts :

Carmel :

Hebert is entering his 8th season.  Carmel coaches last on average  approx 7 seasons based on history  A bit like Notre Dame.  Super high profile, high expectations and demands, and burns coaches out eventually.  

Charles Waverly (1950-1950) 1-3-1
Charles Wave Myers (1951-1952) 12-3-2
unknown (1953-1955) 6-9-3
Dick Lamb (1954-1972) 22-26
Ron Hallam (1956-1956) 2-7
Dick Nyers (1958-1967) 69-24-5
Eric Clark (1968-1969) 15-5
Dick Dullaghan (1973-1979) 64-12
Jim Belden (1980-1996) 174-34
Keith Fiedler (1997-2004) 64-34
Mo Moriarity (2005-2009) 58-14

Kvin Wright (2010-2014)

54-10

John Hebert (2015-2021) 68-23
OVERALL 609-204-11

Ben Davis

Coach Simmons has the poorest winning % in Ben Davis modern football history, and i 1 game over .500 after 4 seasons.  I dont believe the BD admin is ready to accept this as the new standard.  

Coach Record
Bert Red Haviland (1937-1942) 15-29-4
Leo Lentz (1943-1943) 0-7
Chuck Stuckey (1944-1944) 1-7
Ralph Crock (1945-1948) 7-23-2
Lou Parnell (1949-1955) 31-26-1
John Masariu (1956-1958) 11-17
Woody Baker (1959-1960) 4-14-1
Trent Gipson (1961-1962) 2-18
Bill McClain (1963-1969) 19-48-3
Bob Britt (1970-1972) 6-23-1
Bob Wilbur (1973-1983) 59-53
Dick Dullaghan (1984-2003) 213-42
Tom Allen (2004-2006) 25-12
Mike Kirschner (2007-2017) 95-36
Jason Simmons (2018-2021) 25-24
OVERALL  

Have to agree with DT on this one. Hell, even Mr. Unknown didn't last more than 3 years! I swear to god he didn't!

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I mean just looking at the schedule, you could make the honest argument they are at an elite talent deficit against nearly every team on their schedule.  Never thought I would say that about a Warren outfit.  

They have the Walker kid, who is a borderline power 5 guy and a couple younger guys getting power 5 looks and their depth should be an advantage as their unproven guys did well at the freshman/JV levels.  They’ll have to grow up in a hurry.

Looking at 247’s rankings/Warren’s schedule:

Center Grove has zero kids listed though I do know they just had a kid commit to Ohio.

King has three power 5 kids in the 2023 class and another half dozen who are kid/low major guys.  They are a top 100 team nationally.

NC, yes NC has two seniors (one power 5 and one MAC) committed to play at the next level.

LC has a kid going to LSU, enough said.

BD has a couple of kids listed who will play at the mid major level.

PIKE, yes PIKE has two kids that are/will commit to low power 5/high mid major programs.

LN has at least one kid that will play significantly at the mid major level.

Carmel is loaded with a trio of power 5 guys.

Christian Brothers (MO) is a top 100 team nationally like King and is littered with power 5 talent across the board.

The times they are a-changin...

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

I think they top out at 6 wins for the entire year. 4-5 regular season, win sectional, lose regional.

You might be selling Detroit King a little short. Dante Moore is the best QB in the country not named Arch Manning and many think he has a better upside given his mobility. Just won the Elite 11 (Arch didn't participate) last week.

He/she told on themselves with this one:  “because im a former player, coach or alum.”

This impacts a person’s ability to think or draw conclusions rationally.

This person “knows the DNA” of every team on Warren’s schedule apparently also.

It’s cool to see that the east side is still playing  that “us against the world and nobody respects us” card however… some things never change.

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

He/she told on themselves with this one:  “because im a former player, coach or alum.”

This impacts a person’s ability to think or draw conclusions rationally.

This person “knows the DNA” of every team on Warren’s schedule apparently also.

It’s cool to see that the east side is still playing  that “us against the world and nobody respects us” card however… some things never change.

If they compete with CG for 4 quarters my attitude might change. Talent level at CG has dipped the last two years and that's not a knock on the Trojans, just speaks to how loaded they were the last two years, but if they get blown out by a Center Grove team breaking in a lot of new pieces I'll stand firm on my original prediction. 

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

If they compete with CG for 4 quarters my attitude might change. Talent level at CG has dipped the last two years and that's not a knock on the Trojans, just speaks to how loaded they were the last two years, but if they get blown out by a Center Grove team breaking in a lot of new pieces I'll stand firm on my original prediction. 

Agree, but one could also make the case that CG will be the fourth best team on their schedule, no?

”Competing with” implies they still lose which means they will likely be underdogs to Carmel, King and the Missouri squad.

That means they gotta run the table just to get to 5.

Edited by temptation

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Agree, but one could also make the case that CG will be the fourth best team on their schedule, no?

”Competing with” implies they still lose which means they will likely be underdogs to Carmel, King and the Missouri squad.

That means they gotta run the table just to get to 5.

Don't know much about Christian Brothers. Carmel will be better this year, but King in my opinion is a top 20 team with Dante Moore. I think they are significantly better than the rest of their schedule. 

37 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Don't know much about Christian Brothers. Carmel will be better this year, but King in my opinion is a top 20 team with Dante Moore. I think they are significantly better than the rest of their schedule. 

But didn’t you just say yesterday that BD/Warren weren’t locks for the top of the conference?  Now Warren is “significantly better” than the rest of its schedule?

According to 247, Christian Brothers’ best player holds offers from every big name program in America.  

They then have a kid committed to Northwestern, another to Cincinnati, and then four other uncommitted kids that appear In Missouri’s top 50.

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

But didn’t you just say yesterday that BD/Warren weren’t locks for the top of the conference?  Now Warren is “significantly better” than the rest of its schedule?

According to 247, Christian Brothers’ best player holds offers from every big name program in America.  

They then have a kid committed to Northwestern, another to Cincinnati, and then four other uncommitted kids that appear In Missouri’s top 50.

I think Detroit King is significantly better than everyone else on Warren's schedule. 

15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think Detroit King is significantly better than everyone else on Warren's schedule. 

It’s easy to start thinking highly of a team just because they have a couple big time commits. Doesn’t necessarily translate to being the best team on the field. 

10 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

It’s easy to start thinking highly of a team just because they have a couple big time commits. Doesn’t necessarily translate to being the best team on the field. 

They went 13-1 last year, beat Moeller (OH), River Rouge, and Cass Tech (twice) and won the D3 title. They lost to Carmel on a Hail Mary in week 1. They're a very good team. They're also very talented. 

13 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I agree if we were talking a couple of power five guys but King is absolutely loaded and will have more than a dozen guys playing at the next level.

I say that once again but a Carmel team that didn’t get out of the regional last year beat King early in the season so I guess we will see.

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

I agree if we were talking a couple of power five guys but King is absolutely loaded and will have more than a dozen guys playing at the next level.

I say that once again but a Carmel team that didn’t get out of the regional last year beat King early in the season so I guess we will see.

Indiana football is just better than Michigan football?

6 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Michigan is deeper but I think the top teams in Indiana in general are a little better most years. 

Center Grove would have been the best team in either state last year but Michigan has some very good top end teams. Michigan produces a ton of top end talent however, much more than Indiana.

• Like 1