• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
Fballfan15

Sectional 38

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to learning about some of these teams. On paper it looks like the potential second round matchup of Western Boone at Tipton could decide it but you never know. Thoughts?

 

IMG_3457.PNG

Edited by Fballfan15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's too bad Tipton and WeBo got put into the same side of the bracket but I guess they'll have to play each other at some point. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jfries said:

It's too bad Tipton and WeBo got put into the same side of the bracket but I guess they'll have to play each other at some point. 

 

Agree I'm just glad it's not in the first round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am thinking that many teams will overlook North Putnam, Speedway and Park Tudor - but all three schools play schools larger than they are 85% of the time....could be some sleepers in here! Even Cascade and Cloverdale have upset 3A teams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NPCougarNation said:

I am thinking that many teams will overlook North Putnam, Speedway and Park Tudor - but all three schools play schools larger than they are 85% of the time....could be some sleepers in here! Even Cascade and Cloverdale have upset 3A teams!

Park Tudor can barely field a team, had to forfeit their last game, Speedway is better then the past few years but still no threat to win this sectional ,Cascade is improved as is Cloverdale, but neither are a threat to win this sectional. They both beat a Brown County team that isn't very good and both beat a Owen Valley team racked with injuries that's i think 2-5. This sectional is Tipton's to win IMO, Western Boone is also really good and i wouldn't be shocked if they won either. I just don't see any of the other team's being on the level of Tipton or Western Boone..

I predict a Tipton vs Speedway final with Tipton winning big..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 8:59 PM, sbriant20 said:

Park Tudor can barely field a team, had to forfeit their last game, Speedway is better then the past few years but still no threat to win this sectional ,Cascade is improved as is Cloverdale, but neither are a threat to win this sectional. They both beat a Brown County team that isn't very good and both beat a Owen Valley team racked with injuries that's i think 2-5. This sectional is Tipton's to win IMO, Western Boone is also really good and i wouldn't be shocked if they won either. I just don't see any of the other team's being on the level of Tipton or Western Boone..

I predict a Tipton vs Speedway final with Tipton winning big..

Seeing Webo neck and neck with 3A #3 Danville tonight (Webo 6 to Danville 7) at Danville with 4:00 left in the game, I'd say the sectional is Webo's to win.  Tipton hasn't faced anyone of Danville's caliber.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BigTimeDB said:

Seeing Webo neck and neck with 3A #3 Danville tonight (Webo 6 to Danville 7) at Danville with 4:00 left in the game, I'd say the sectional is Webo's to win.  Tipton hasn't faced anyone of Danville's caliber.  

Well like i said i wouldn't be shocked if WeBo won it , i knew they were good as well. But either way its Tipton or Webo's  to win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTimeDB said:

Seeing Webo neck and neck with 3A #3 Danville tonight (Webo 6 to Danville 7) at Danville with 4:00 left in the game, I'd say the sectional is Webo's to win.  Tipton hasn't faced anyone of Danville's caliber.  

Love the confidence. Tipton needs to get healthy before Id call them the favorite. If they can get healthy by round 2 of the Sectional, I like their chances. Webo is a good team no doubt. Should be a great game if both teams take care of business round 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Love the confidence. Tipton needs to get healthy before Id call them the favorite. If they can get healthy by round 2 of the Sectional, I like their chances. Webo is a good team no doubt. Should be a great game if both teams take care of business round 1.

Correct, round 1 is the focus.  Before that, Webo will be focusing on archrival Lebanon on senior night next week.  There is no love lost in that rivalry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final regular season sagarin ratings for Sectional 38. Let the games begin!

Who can tell me anything about North Putnam? They don't post their stats. Running or passing team? Any good places to eat around there?

IMG_3555.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 1 predictions:

Webo 40 Cascade 14

Tipton 35 North Putnam 6

Speedway 28 Cloverdale 13

Park Tudor 42 Indy Wash 0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Round 1 scores:

Western Boone 48 Cascade 20

Tipton 49 North Putnam 7

Cloverdale 25 Speedway 20

Park Tudor 52 Indy Washington 0

Round 2 Matchups:

Western Boone at Tipton

Cloverdale at Park Tudor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sectional Final this week! 

Should be a good game... I know Webo has some kids nicked up as well...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2017 at 7:34 AM, 1st_and_10 said:

Sectional Final this week! 

Should be a good game... I know Webo has some kids nicked up as well...

 

It should be Sectional Final but come tournament time, you just never know. I have watched some clips of Webo and they look like a mirror image of Tipton. Same offense, good dual threat Qb, prefer to pass and a quick physical  defense. Could be a wet one Friday so it may come down to who can run the ball better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2017 at 10:21 PM, BigTimeDB said:

Seeing Webo neck and neck with 3A #3 Danville tonight (Webo 6 to Danville 7) at Danville with 4:00 left in the game, I'd say the sectional is Webo's to win.  Tipton hasn't faced anyone of Danville's caliber.  

I agree with you. I've seen Tipton in person and on film. They barely beat a very average LCC team. Other than the WL game, which Tipton got dominated, Webo has played a tougher schedule top to bottom. I think Webo hanging tough with Danville is an indicator that they will take are of business this week in Tipton. There is rain and chill predicted for Friday. It's well known Tipton doesn't perform well in the rain, see their game vs Lewis Cass. Both teams rely more on the pass, but I think Tipton relying so much on their QB for rushing yards can end up hurting them in the long run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

I agree with you. I've seen Tipton in person and on film. They barely beat a very average LCC team. Other than the WL game, which Tipton got dominated, Webo has played a tougher schedule top to bottom. I think Webo hanging tough with Danville is an indicator that they will take are of business this week in Tipton. There is rain and chill predicted for Friday. It's well known Tipton doesn't perform well in the rain, see their game vs Lewis Cass. Both teams rely more on the pass, but I think Tipton relying so much on their QB for rushing yards can end up hurting them in the long run. 

I agree. The 38-14 win at Western was a complete fluke as well. I just hope we keep it within 4 TD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

I agree with you. I've seen Tipton in person and on film. They barely beat a very average LCC team. Other than the WL game, which Tipton got dominated, Webo has played a tougher schedule top to bottom. I think Webo hanging tough with Danville is an indicator that they will take are of business this week in Tipton. There is rain and chill predicted for Friday. It's well known Tipton doesn't perform well in the rain, see their game vs Lewis Cass. Both teams rely more on the pass, but I think Tipton relying so much on their QB for rushing yards can end up hurting them in the long run. 

Regardless of outcome, it should be an interesting game.  The Indy Star agrees as it listed the match-up as the #4 game to see in their Top 10 match up list.  Speaking of weather...looks like it could be a *%#!?* fest.  I'm going to break out the 1990's Gortex running suit for this one.  If we do end up with some rain, I hope Tipton's field is in decent shape.  Webo's was junk this time last year due mainly to a fungus issue caused by improper irrigation timing.  Our turf looks much better this year after some good rehab.  

 

Edited by BigTimeDB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BigTimeDB said:

Regardless of outcome, it should be an interesting game.  The Indy Star agrees as it listed the match-up as the #4 game to see in their Top 10 match up list.  Speaking of weather...looks like it could be a *%#!?* fest.  I'm going to break out the 1990's Gortex running suit for this one.  If we do end up with some rain, I hope Tipton's field is in decent shape.  Webo's was junk this time last year due mainly to a fungus issue caused by improper irrigation timing.  Our turf looks much better this year after some good rehab.  

 

It should be in good shape. We haven't played at home since week 7 and it looked good then. Weather could affect both teams since both teams like to pass. Could come down to whoever runs the ball better. Oops my bad Lccalum, I meant I hope we don't get embarrassed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

It should be in good shape. We haven't played at home since week 7 and it looked good then. Weather could affect both teams since both teams like to pass. Could come down to whoever runs the ball better. Oops my bad Lccalum, I meant I hope we don't get embarrassed.

Good to hear about the field.  I'm not a fan of facilities being a factor in the game...the weather on the other hand, who knows.  I agree the run will likely prove to be important based on possible conditions.  It looks like the teams' pass to run yard ratios are similar (1.5 times passing vs running) for the season overall.  In the first round of sectionals, Webo was pretty balanced at only 1.1X  vs Tipton's 2X ratio.  This of course could have been driven by the defending scheme.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigTimeDB said:

Good to hear about the field.  I'm not a fan of facilities being a factor in the game...the weather on the other hand, who knows.  I agree the run will likely prove to be important based on possible conditions.  It looks like the teams' pass to run yard ratios are similar (1.5 times passing vs running) for the season overall.  In the first round of sectionals, Webo was pretty balanced at only 1.1X  vs Tipton's 2X ratio.  This of course could have been driven by the defending scheme.  

We prefer to pass because our QB has a big time arm and a ton of weapons to throw to but have ran the ball pretty well lately. The 2 backs aren't burners but run hard and can break tackles. QB runs very well too. North Putnam couldn't defend the pass at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

I agree with you. I've seen Tipton in person and on film. They barely beat a very average LCC team. Other than the WL game, which Tipton got dominated, Webo has played a tougher schedule top to bottom. I think Webo hanging tough with Danville is an indicator that they will take are of business this week in Tipton. There is rain and chill predicted for Friday. It's well known Tipton doesn't perform well in the rain, see their game vs Lewis Cass. Both teams rely more on the pass, but I think Tipton relying so much on their QB for rushing yards can end up hurting them in the long run. 

Webo hung tough with Danville and also Lebanon. I watched both those games. Problem is, Webo could have won both those games if they had not shot themselves in the foot. If they can prevent that against Tipton, they may have a chance to win. I'm anxious to see what will happen. Tipton will be tough to beat this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Passing: 

Tip Roudebush- 2,273 yards 20 TD's 5 INT's 

WB Wright- 1,945 yards 18 TD's 7 INT's 

Rushing:

Tip Roudebush- 412 yards 11 TD's 

Tip Connor- 332 yards 8 TD's 

Tip Carter- 276 yards 5 TD's 

WB Solomon- 690 yards 12 TD's

WB Wright- 310 yards 3 TD's 

Receiving: 

Tip Stoker- 38 rec 728 yards 8 TD's 

Tip Burkett- 29 rec 698 yards 8 TD's

Tip Moses-  27 rec 332 yards 

WB Hendrix- 31 Rec 425 yards 5 TD's 

WB Kernodle- 31 Rec 375 yards 2 TD's

WB Benson- 27 Rec 388 yards 6 TD's 

Pretty similar stats for these 2 teams. Both teams throw it a lot and both QB's run quite a bit. WB seems to have 1 dominate back where as Tipton uses 2 around the same. WB spreads the wealth a little more to their receivers it seems. Tipton has 2 tall big play guys and use Moses and TE's more as possession receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.