• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Hawg2013

Sectional 43 Class 1A best in the state for 1A?

Wow what a sectional!!!

South Adams (6-2) 13th ranked in state

at

Adams Central (6-2) 10th ranked in the state

Northfield (7-1) 17th ranked in the state

at

Churubuscl (7-1) 4th ranked in the state

Southern Wells (1-7)

at

Eastside (6-2) 11th ranked in the state

Fremont (0-8)

at

Southwood (7-1) 12th ranked in the state

Might be the best sectional in the state for 1A with the exception of two teams. All together combined record is 40-25. Take out Fremont and southern wells and you got 39-10. Whoever wins this sectional I think wins regional then runs into pioneer. Any thoughts? And who you think will come out on top!

Yes ours is a killer. Go Jets! It's going to be tough.

Edited by basement bias

This is an extremely tough sectional but I would not pencil them in as regional champs just yet. The winner of sectional 44 could have a little to say about that. No disrespect just my opinion.

• Upvote 1

No harm done this site is all about opinions and yes Sheridan or Monroe Central would be a tough game...sectional 43 teams just need to worry about coming away with wins without any injuries because all those games are going to be 4 quarter grind it out hard nosed football affairs should be exciting!

Looks like we all will be getting the game most wanted to see in this sectional..Adams Central at Churubusco..any thoughts or comments on this one???

9 hours ago, Hawg2013 said:

Looks like we all will be getting the game most wanted to see in this sectional..Adams Central at Churubusco..any thoughts or comments on this one???

This is one of those games John Madden would refer to as a "Slobber Knocker" I would definitely l love to be a fly on the press box for this one....alas I'm busy.

Eastside at Southwood should be an excellent game as well. I don't know much about Eastside other than scores. Looking at stats on max preps and comparing with all time leaders on the ihsaa site, it looks like Carson Blair has moved all the way to 8th all time career passing yards. Peyton trexler has settled in to the number 3 spot for career receiving yards. They've been quite the duo for the last 3+ years. Should be 2 great games Friday!

Gameday predictions!

Have seein plenty of both Busco and the Jets in years past, but a combined 0 times this year. So my mostly uneducated guess is...28-26 Adams Central.

I think people are sleeping on Southwood this year. The senior class has a lot of experience winning in 3 sports for four years now. The addition of rangey 6'5 receiver Matt Nose has been a game changer for the Knights this year. Yet another weapon for QB Blair who has 46 passing TD's (wow!) to only 2 Int's on the year. Blazers can't cover everybody on what looks to be a dry evening in Treaty....35-28 Southwood

Edited by TightEndOpenAgain

Then there were 2. Southwood @ Adams Central. Talk about 2 different styles clashing. Ironically it's the Knights who air it out and the Flying Jets who like to ground and pound.

I was completely shocked with Eastside Southwood score. Adams Central Busco game was a good one and could have went either way super close it was a classic ground and pound defensive game hats off to both teams in sure both teams are feeling sore today and like I said could have went either way and actually think Busco showed people who they are and what they could do because no one was giving them a chance to beat Adams Central and they very well could have but fell short.

From the beginning I thought winner of Adams Central Busco would win this sectional but now I see Southwood as very dangerous and Adams Central is going to have there hands full! Should be a good one.

Yeah I see that...I don't know if Adams Central has played a elite passing team like Southwood most certainly haven't played a QB like this one Adams Central is very good but Southwoods passing game will be the factor I don't know if they can stop it..should be very interesting I'm going 60/40 in Soutwoods favor..that's percentage not points

I think it all comes down to the first few possessions. Last year AC was able to limit possessions especially in the first half (I think both teams had the ball only twice). If SW can get up a couple scores early, look out. But if the Jets can control the ball and the tempo then I really like their chances.

Dry conditions will make for a VERY good and interesting game. Wet/windy conditions will swing the odds well into AC's favor.

Yeah and like I said I'm still blown away of the Southwood Eastside score did not see that coming..I'm hoping for a Adams Central win since I'm a Busco alumn haha but wish both teams luck either one deserves to win and hats off to the sectional champ coming out of this sectional as tough it was