• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Indian72

NIC - End of the Regular Season

Friday, Oct. 13
Culver Academy at Bremen, 7:30 pm
Jimtown at New Prairie, 7:30 pm
Penn at Mishawaka, 7 pm
South Bend Clay at Elkhart Central, 7 pm
South Bend Riley at John Glenn, 7 pm
South Bend St. Joseph at South Bend Adams, 7 pm
South Bend Washington at Mishawaka Marian, 7pm                                                                     

Culver Military in a comfortable game but not a blowout (they beat St. Joe)

New Prairie on the cusp of a blowout but not really.  Probably a comfortable 3 or 4 touchdown margin.

Penn and Mishawaka is the highlight of the week.  A lot of fireworks in this one.  I can't really decide a winner.  It'll be a 2 point game at the most.  Maybe Penn because of their superb defense, only allowing 23 points on the year.

Elkhart Central will cruise by Clay no problem

Riley and Glenn will be a fun one.  I take Riley by a three touchdown win in a shootout.  Probably something to the tune of 55-33.

I think that St. Joe is better than they're letting on this year with a very tough schedule.  They'll cruise by Adams by 40 or so points.

I take Marian in a tight game.  Neither team is very good this year.  It probably won't be super tight but a 7-10 point win in a low scoring game.

I don't think there will be many close games this week.  CMA, NP, Penn, EC, Riley and St Joe should all win, probably by comfortable margins.  Marian should win, but have to figure out how to score in order to feel good about the upcoming sectionals.

Agree agree agree....

I predict the over/under for total time of the game for New Prairie - Jimtown will be set at 75 minutes / or a combined total passes of 7....

• Upvote 1

After the way St Joe played against CMA not sure they could even beat Adams by 7 let alone 40

Having seen both teams early in the year, I think SJ/Adam's will be a close one.  SJ may have a slight edge, but would be very surprised if it ends up a blowout either way.

16 hours ago, Indian72 said:

After the way St Joe played against CMA not sure they could even beat Adams by 7 let alone 40

was it St. Joe playing that poorly, or did CMA look that good in your opinion....asking for a friend (we play CMA in S19 rd1 lol).

1 hour ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Having seen both teams early in the year, I think SJ/Adam's will be a close one.  SJ may have a slight edge, but would be very surprised if it ends up a blowout either way.

was it St. Joe playing that poorly, or did CMA look that good in your opinion....asking for a friend (we play CMA in S19 rd1 lol).

CMA has a nice team.  They have some tall kids  6'3  6'4.  Their defense was out to stop our running game and they loaded the box and SJ did not adjust.  I think our QB got sacked 8 times and as rushed all night long.  Our line did not open anything up and someone said we had 5 yards rushing.  I am not sure if CMA is that good or did SJ not come to play.

They have a nice RB # 10.  Their QB is 6'4  They played hard and were out to stop our 2 RB's and QB and they did.  Single cover most of the night on the WR but rarely was there time to get the ball out.

21 hours ago, Indian72 said:

CMA has a nice team.  They have some tall kids  6'3  6'4.  Their defense was out to stop our running game and they loaded the box and SJ did not adjust.  I think our QB got sacked 8 times and as rushed all night long.  Our line did not open anything up and someone said we had 5 yards rushing.  I am not sure if CMA is that good or did SJ not come to play.

They have a nice RB # 10.  Their QB is 6'4  They played hard and were out to stop our 2 RB's and QB and they did.  Single cover most of the night on the WR but rarely was there time to get the ball out.

Bet they are going to do the same to Bremen. Hope our staff watches that game on Hudl. 

7 minutes ago, Longgreenline82 said:

Bet they are going to do the same to Bremen. Hope our staff watches that game on Hudl. 

was hoping to make it to Bremen this Friday to watch the game for myself, but it just isn't going to work out this week

9 minutes ago, Longgreenline82 said:

Do your coaches not prepare for games?

1 hour ago, phs fan said:

Do your coaches not prepare for games?

They do but we are run heavy so hoping they can find something different to open things up. Our passing game is still young and first year varsity players are still learning so we struggle with that this year. The good news is we have all those players back next year. It’s a process...

Riley will Roll past GLENN!!   Another week Glenn gets destroyed or did they" find a weakness" in Riley like they did last week against New Prairie.  That quote coming from a typical Glenn parent/fan.   Oh and by the way the weakness they found against New Prairie got them a 49-0 defeat....just sayin     

5 hours ago, LV Fan said:

Riley will Roll past GLENN!!   Another week Glenn gets destroyed or did they" find a weakness" in Riley like they did last week against New Prairie.  That quote coming from a typical Glenn parent/fan.   Oh and by the way the weakness they found against New Prairie got them a 49-0 defeat....just sayin     

d51a21a33a8641cc0f01ae8237fe664a

Look at the positive.  Only 353 more days you have to suffer the humiliation of losing to such a bad team until you get another shot.

Glenn needs to cap their enrollment and stay 2A.  I believe there are enough out of district students attending JG to make it happen.  They simply do not have the consistent depth and athletes to compete night in and night out against 3-4a schools.  Anything they have won in sports happened when they were 2A or single class.  They are just in a bad situation...there are great kids/athletes there, just not enough.

3 minutes ago, JGHS89 said:

Glenn needs to cap their enrollment and stay 2A.  I believe there are enough out of district students attending JG to make it happen.  They simply do not have the consistent depth and athletes to compete night in and night out against 3-4a schools.  Anything they have won in sports happened when they were 2A or single class.  They are just in a bad situation...there are great kids/athletes there, just not enough.

Have you forgot already that the baseball team has won two straight sectional titles taking state championship Saint Joseph into extra innings  and a NIC South  conference title while competing  in 3A.  They seem to do alright with the athletes they have playing baseball.

The "backyard brawl" is tonight also known as the "grocery cart game". To be honest I prefer to call it the grocery cart game because every time I'm shopping at the Martin's Supermarket on Bittersweet Rd I see plenty of Kingsmen and Cavemen shopping. This is such a special rivalry. There isn't the usual hype behind this game this year, but I think it will still be a great atmosphere tonight. The Mishawaka student section is always very loud and pumped up. The Kingsmen fans take more of a golf clap approach, but I think it's because they are normally the favorite to win. I think Mishawaka will keep it close in the first half, and Penn will start to put the game away at the end of the 3rd quarter. I have this game 17-7 at halftime. Final score 45-13 Penn wins. You never know though. Mishawaka always plays Penn tough. It should be a great night of football!!!

Congratulations to the Bremen 8th grade football team for winning the Northeast Lakes Middle School Conference championship last night over Warsaw Edgewood.  

14 hours ago, JGHS89 said:

HA!  1995 Sectional CHAMPS at PENN and regional runner up at Kokomo to eventual state champ Kokomo    Coach Dennis Rippy and the Falcons got it done against the big boy schools.  Glenn parents and students need to step up a quit the excuses every week and season!!!!!

Just now, LV Fan said:

HA!  1995 Sectional CHAMPS at PENN and regional runner up at Kokomo to eventual state champ Kokomo    Coach Dennis Rippy and the Falcons got it done against the big boy schools.  Glenn parents and students need to step up a quit the excuses every week and season!!!!!

This was in Track BTW!!

NP 26

Jimtown 7

end of 3rd

Np may have more penalty yards then rushing yards.  Very sloppy game for the cougars so far, don't seem like they are running on all cylinders tonight.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:47 PM, yellowjacket said:

Have you forgot already that the baseball team has won two straight sectional titles taking state championship Saint Joseph into extra innings  and a NIC South  conference title while competing  in 3A.  They seem to do alright with the athletes they have playing baseball.

Yeah, Baseball has been the exception at 3A but Nud and company had a helluva track record in 2A too.   That is one sport Glenn has a top notch coach in Nud and Gamble. I was talking more about football and basketball has had the lack of success since moving to 3A.

On 10/13/2017 at 12:09 PM, LV Fan said:

This was in Track BTW!!

Are you being sarcastic here?  One time in the history of the school.  My statement was referencing football and basketball success.  I also wasn’t saying they should dodge competition, just stating that their success in basketball and football came in 2A and since moving up, just haven’t had it.

Congrats to Penn and New Prairie on winning their respective divisions. Also congrats to Riley on a good season, they will be a tough out in sectionals.

IMG_0285.PNG

I would like to see Penn and NP play...just for kicks.