• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  

We need to have deep convos here to keep me from going to other threads and feeding trolls. LOL

On 10/10/2017 at 5:12 PM, Peter Simon Veeder said:

My intention wasn't to imply anyone from the program blamed the refs. Hopefully no one took it that way and apologies if they did. I've had nothing but positive comments for the NV program during its impressive run. Good luck, but not too much!

All good my friend. Now concerning all things Fountain Central, I've heard there is a restaurant in Veedersburg called "Blue and Gold Pizza". I've also heard they have a somewhat insane, escalating, 12 tiered hot chicken wing challenge. I'm hoping for some more detailed information from my FC brethren. Call me interested, but not at the expense of taking a third straight loss in Fountain County.  

Heard SV had the same officiating crew for tonight’s WRC championship game that they have already had for 1 other WRC game this season.  Happens to be the crew that the white hat not only resides in Clinton and is 1 of the AD’s best buddies, but also assigns all of SV’s games for them.  Seems pretty shady to me?

52 minutes ago, OldSage said:

Heard SV had the same officiating crew for tonight’s WRC championship game that they have already had for 1 other WRC game this season.  Happens to be the crew that the white hat not only resides in Clinton and is 1 of the AD’s best buddies, but also assigns all of SV’s games for them.  Seems pretty shady to me?

The score was 48-12.

I never mentioned the outcome of the game because I don’t think that is relevant here.  What is relevant here is that there is a school in this conference willing to allow the same crew to do multiple games in a year....and what’s worse...a crew out working 2 games there within a mont I think.  

I am just going to go ahead and double down on my earlier claim that a wrc team will win the sectional. You heard it here first. 😈

Congrats to South V on a great season. Now you get to play Danville. Talk about a tough draw there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 1adam12 said:

I am just going to go ahead and double down on my earlier claim that a wrc team will win the sectional. You heard it here first. 😈

Congrats to South V on a great season. Now you get to play Danville. Talk about a tough draw there. 

Don't think the WRC will prepare them much for the 3A tournament. 

The thing is South Vermillion has not had a winning season in a long time!!! They get a new coach and staff that turn the program around 360 and you all harp on them for being 3A in a 1A confrence. You all wasn't complaining in the past when they was losing to everyone. SV is a power house now and a great asset to the WRC. Yes being in the WRC won't prepare them for the 3A tournament... but it shows us how a not so good team can change and almost dominate the conference.

What we see with SV is a team that did get a new coach and has brought excitement to the community. They did turn the team around 180 (if it was 360 you would be in the same spot) we will see if they continue to dominate the conference in the next few years. We all know the WRC is down this year. All schools will go through a high and low span of good athletes. Enjoy the season you are having and live in the moment. 

• Like 1

I myself am not a SV fan... but have to give credit where it's due. I've learned you can't blame officials for the way a game turns out especially when SV defeats the  supposedly top 2 teams in the WRC by a good margin. I say it's hard work the coaches and team has put in. I'm just saying don't take away from a team that has worked hard to turn things around!

2 hours ago, mechanic24 said:

The thing is South Vermillion has not had a winning season in a long time!!! They get a new coach and staff that turn the program around 360 and you all harp on them for being 3A in a 1A confrence. You all wasn't complaining in the past when they was losing to everyone. SV is a power house now and a great asset to the WRC. Yes being in the WRC won't prepare them for the 3A tournament... but it shows us how a not so good team can change and almost dominate the conference.

Whoa....pump the brakes a little 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mechanic24 said:

Not harping just giving my opinion. We can still do that right? My point will be made Friday night. 

3 hours ago, mechanic24 said:

There's a few schools in that bracket  SV could beat they just got the bad draw for the first game

10 minutes ago, jrlittleman said:

There's a few schools in that bracket  SV could beat they just got the bad draw for the first game

That's for sure! If they do continue to improve, and they probably will, it will help the top WRC teams for post season play. 

I never meant to imply the reason SV won part of the WRC was due to homer officiating.  I give 1000% kudos to SV and their administration for being tired of losing and going out and trying to make changes.  Obviously the guy they brought in is a difference maker and him and their kids deserve all the credit in the world for the massive turnaround that took place this year!  The only thing I was trying to point out was that what they are doing with officials is unethical and something nobody else in the WRC does.  I was just calling them AND the official/s out that are a part of it.  It’s common knowledge the white hat from last night’s game (who is also SV’s assigner) is a close, close friend of the SV AD.  Now that they appear to be relevant again in the WRC do you feel comfortable with playing them at home when you possibly could be playing 11 vs 16?  

Edited by OldSage

The late, great Don Corey (may you Rest In Peace, Mr. Corey) would work NV games and the visiting fans would rattle this, that, and the other about him being a "homer." Truth be told, Mr. Corey fought that uninformed label so much, that I sometimes felt like he was calling a little extra against his deal 'ol Falcons. 

This week leading up to the week 10 games will be interesting. I know NV is dealing with a week-long fall break so that will possibly adjust the schedule/routine a bit. I'm sure Crabtree and his staff will do their best to make sure the schedule stays as close to normal as possible. Are all of the schools in the sectional (and likewise the conference with this ridiculous realignment) going through the same thing? 

14 hours ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

Don't think the WRC will prepare them much for the 3A tournament. 

Nope agreed. How long before they realize moving to this conference isn't helping them come tourney time. It will help the rest of the conference get some tougher competition but it's not doing them any favors pounding the other teams in the conference. I mean let' be honest they improved greatly as the season went on and if they lined up against North this week they'd blow them off the field. However they won' have anything for Danville unfortunately. 

If SV's goal is to win the WRC, great choice joining a 1a conference. If you want  success in the state tourney they wasted their time. Isn't that why they got out of the WRC in the first place? Kinda like in 2009, SV's "best team ever" runs the table all season going undefeated but loses first game of sectional? They are headed in right direction  so should help everyone else in WRC for tourney play  

This wildcat team couldn't compete with

ROX 07-09, FC 10-13, NV 14-16 IMO. 

Completely agree on the white cap.  Can we say "small man syndrome!" I know he is a Clinton native and Loves his wildcats. Why wouldn't they hire him?! 

1 hour ago, FootballFan1 said:

If SV's goal is to win the WRC, great choice joining a 1a conference. If you want  success in the state tourney they wasted their time. Isn't that why they got out of the WRC in the first place? Kinda like in 2009, SV's "best team ever" runs the table all season going undefeated but loses first game of sectional? They are headed in right direction  so should help everyone else in WRC for tourney play  

This wildcat team couldn't compete with

ROX 07-09, FC 10-13, NV 14-16 IMO. 

Completely agree on the white cap.  Can we say "small man syndrome!" I know he is a Clinton native and Loves his wildcats. Why wouldn't they hire him?! 

Could not agree with you more on your first paragraph. I made the same remarks about 2-3 weeks ago on here. Maybe in a couple years this conference will benefit them when they are back down to 2A and playing a more localized sectional (Cloverdale, North Putnam, Cascade, Monrovia v.s Danville, Greencastle, etc.) but the best teams in this conference will not prepare them for the buzzsaw they are about to run into from Danville. No team in this conference has that size and speed, and that stuff is hard to prepare for if you don't at least see it a couple times during the season to know where you stand against it.

And this SV team definitely could not hang with the 01-06 Seeger teams, 99-00 Attica teams, 01-02 Turkey Run teams or the 05-06 FC teams either, in my opinion.