• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired
Sign in to follow this  
itiswhatitis

Eastern Greene Thunderbirds

Congrats and a big shoutout to the T'Birds for the first ever undefeated season in their football history!  Now make some noise in the tournament and keep the trophy in Greene County!!!  Good luck and good health.  

• Like 1

Has anybody heard anything about EG  possibly using an ineligible ? Have heard some rumors going around, and hope that it's just rumor's only!

That would be a shame.  I know it happens a couple times of year where the AD signs off on a player that was not eligible to play.  It stinks if true.

As a Miner Homer yep its a bad deal. But it happened to Linton too a couple a years ago. I certainly dont believe the TBirds are cheaters! Mistakes happen usually administratively. Tbirds are being looked at hard now with them winning. A player or two didnt make the difference from Eastern  handing it to Linton. They were the better team!! Who cares the potential forfeits. Eastern can win the State 1A if they keep there nose to the ground in these seemingly troubling times!! Go T Birds! Accidents happen!

• Upvote 1

I have read this on Facebook from what appears to the school itself.  They self-reported it.  Unfortunate that it looks like they may be officially 5-4...or 6-3.  Course.. they know they won the games...and the player involved didn't make or break the final score... and you do wonder how it takes 3-4 games to discover the problem... but it is admirable to have reported it themselves...  I would think this will really put some fire in their step to go far in postseason... it is a shame tho that their best season in school history likely will have an asterisk... I wish them the best thought.  I was really really really surprised by the NC performance at Eastern... hats off to them as well.. I honestly thought EG would roll all over them...

It is strange that the four games in question are weeks 4-7. Why didn't that player play in the other games? Why did it take two more weeks to realize the mistake after the last game the player participated in? Hopefully it was just a clerical error and nothing more. Good luck next week.

Pretty sure he was injured to start the season. And just because it became public after week 9, doesn't mean it wasn't recognised after week 7.

I have a question concerning this. Just something I've wondered about. Once it's found that a player didn't have his transfer papers properly done and a team has to forfeit X amount of games, is it possible to then get the paper work fixed or is the kid done for the year? Just curious how that works

9 hours ago, faithfulfan said:

Does anyone outside of Eastern know what the issue was with the player? Was it grades, transfer papers, etc.?

It was 3 players and the coaches knew about it and still played them ( very reliable source:family on the team and im not saying no more than that )

A sticky situation has occurred concerning the Wood Memorial game.  Apparently, Eastern hasn't had to forfeit that game because Wood had an ineligible player also.  Seems to me that both teams would have to forfeit rather than both teams escaping punishment.  The reason it matters is because Eastern would forfeit the conference championship if they lose the Wood game. Of course, wood can't forfeit a game that they lost.  

34 minutes ago, Jbk2 said:

It was 3 players and the coaches knew about it and still played them ( very reliable source:family on the team and im not saying no more than that )

So the coaches knowingly played 3 kids that were ineligible but only in blowout wins then self reported the infractions and ruin their first undefeated season? Makes sense.

2 minutes ago, JQWL said:

So the coaches knowingly played 3 kids that were ineligible but only in blowout wins then self reported the infractions and ruin their first undefeated season? Makes sense.

There is a lot of very unhappy players and families right now at Eastern i can't and won't  post some of the text messages 

I get that but in reality, the first 9 games don't have any effect on what happens starting Friday. The coaches did not do anything intentionaly. They made a mistake and owned up to it. Couldn't have been easy. 

Seems they are now officially 6-3.   forfeit to Edinburgh, Mitchell and Perry Central.  Apparently the player/s did not play in the NCentral or LInton game.. and as a Miner fan.. I would not want credit for a game we were defeated in.... 

The head football coach is also the athletic director. That’s a huge red flag to me regardless if the coaches knew about it or not; the head coach/athletic director clearly didn’t do his job to to fullest 

15 hours ago, JQWL said:

I get that but in reality, the first 9 games don't have any effect on what happens starting Friday. The coaches did not do anything intentionaly. They made a mistake and owned up to it. Couldn't have been easy. 

That's a rather large distraction heading into the tournament though no matter which may you slice it. 

1 hour ago, Canoe Fest Charlie said:

That's a rather large distraction heading into the tournament though no matter which may you slice it. 

You do have to wonder how that affects the kids on the field.  My guess is they'll be extra pumped and focused.  I also know they meet North Daviess to open the sectional...whom they hammered 63 to 7 in week 3.. so even if they have distractions...this would be the week to have them.  Granted..anyone can blow a game with shoddy unfocused energy...  but the TBirds certainly benefit from a good draw in a fairly weak Sectional... altho W.Washington in semi could sneak up on them if that trend were to continue.  Gotta figure a rematch with NC is in the works.. and I'd think they..as well as NC... would both be anxious to have that rematch...  I'm sure Valley would like to spoil that...   It would be another thing if they had a first round battle on their hands... because if there is any type of under the surface vibe going round that causes EG to come out flat or otherwise distracted... they could be out before they realize it.  I don't see it hppening tho.. Coach Paridaen looks to be a great motivator... I can't fathom EG not coming out ready to hammer people...and take out those issues through solid football.