• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/24/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  

Recommended Posts

This is the first time I can remember every conference team in the same sectional. No secrets, no surprises. Head to head makes FC the favorite but I think any of the top 3 can win it. And there's usually at least one upset. The games........

Attica at North Vermillion 

Rockville at Turkey Run 

Covington at Fountain Central 

Seeger at Riverton Parke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NV...payback is a bi%%h!

Rox...payback is more than a Bi%%h and surely Rox don’t go 0-10 in final season.

 

FC...by as many as they want

Seeger...possibly the team that has improved the most from beginning to end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yay tourney time and bridge festival. What an exciting time of the year.

 

Hmm I'll take Attica 

Turkey Run 

Fountrain Central 

Seeger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attica at North Vermillion - I used a magic 8 ball.  It told me "Most Likely"  so I went with it.  Magic 8 ball has failed me before, so who knows. 

Rockville at Turkey Run  -  I think 0-10 is in Rox future.  Sorry Rockville, that's my opinion.  And unlike the Magic 8 Ball, it never fails me.  EVER!!! 

Covington at Fountain Central  -  FC based on detailed data that I have compiled in extensive spread sheets.  And the fact they beat them soundly the first game.  

Seeger at Riverton Parke -  This one intrigues me.   I like Seeger in this on.  After last weeks performance against NV, I think they will do it by 2 scores. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone must be too busy eating food at the bridge festival this week. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NV 34-20: coaching is X factor this time 

T-Run 14-12: Rox post big fat goose egg in the W column 

FC 27-14: Trojans go down swinging

Seeger 28-14: Seeger is peaking at the right time with the showing they have had the last 3 weeks. Riverton Parke has a lot of enthusiasm for their program ( as they should) but Herb and Co is getting Seeger ready at right time. GO PATRIOTS!

Edited by aidiw_8504

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, aidiw_8504 said:

NV 34-20: coaching is X factor this time 

T-Run 14-12: Rox post big fat goose egg in the W column 

FC 27-14: Trojans go down swinging

Seeger 28-14: Seeger is peaking at the right time with the showing they have had the last 3 weeks. Riverton Parke has a lot of enthusiasm for their program ( as they should) but Herb and Co is getting Seeger ready at right time. GO PATRIOTS!

If Covington gets 14, then FC has 57.  

 

I would take Attica as they are the better team but to be playing in Cayuga where every first down has a sponsor is not a friendly environment.   All of the Attica businesses should buy sponsorship into this week's game.

Rockville takes it this time. 

I will go for Riverton Parke this week.  

And FC dominates.  

# woocrew loses voices by halftime. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Tiller said:

If Covington gets 14, then FC has 57.  

 

I would take Attica as they are the better team but to be playing in Cayuga where every first down has a sponsor is not a friendly environment.   All of the Attica businesses should buy sponsorship into this week's game.

Rockville takes it this time. 

I will go for Riverton Parke this week.  

And FC dominates.  

# woocrew loses voices by halftime. 

 

I'd like to see the Woo Crew make some noise when the opponent is on offense. Maybe they'll be some cowbells available soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if the 103.1 will be following their hometown team Covington to FC or will they go to NV for their game?  

 

This post was sponsored by Brawndo, it has electrolytes. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't speak for all fans, but I can tell you that the constant noise from the press box isn't enjoyed on the home side either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Kane said:

I can't speak for all fans, but I can tell you that the constant noise from the press box isn't enjoyed on the home side either. 

I admire your honesty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NV over Attica home field advantage 

Seeger over RP.  Patriots much improved from first meeting

FC over Cov. Trojans may finally score against the Mustangs 

TR over Rockville.  Never thought Rox would go winless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Attica at North Vermillion - NV by 12. A bit of a homer prediction. Neither team is playing its best ball, so I think a season split is likely. 

Rockville at Turkey Run - TR by 8. Despite the chatter of a winless Rox final season, I think the Warriors will gut this one out.  By the way, any word on who will be the HFC next year?

Covington at Fountain Central - FC

Seeger at Riverton Parke - Seeger by 13. The Patriots seem to be trending upward, but in all honesty, I don't think they could have started off any worse so anything was an improvement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Joe Kane said:
Attica at North Vermillion - NV by 12. A bit of a homer prediction. Neither team is playing its best ball, so I think a season split is likely. 

Rockville at Turkey Run - TR by 8. Despite the chatter of a winless Rox final season, I think the Warriors will gut this one out.  By the way, any word on who will be the HFC next year?

Covington at Fountain Central - FC

Seeger at Riverton Parke - Seeger by 13. The Patriots seem to be trending upward, but in all honesty, I don't think they could have started off any worse so anything was an improvement. 

So what's the new school name?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

So what's the new school name?

I'm totally out of the loop on that for any official info. Last spring there was early talks of NCP Timberwolves. Someone posted not too long ago one that I've not heard...Heritage Parke Wolves...some in the area were lobbying for Covered Bridge High School. Anyone care to share a little Knowledge on the situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Joe Kane said:

I'm totally out of the loop on that for any official info. Last spring there was early talks of NCP Timberwolves. Someone posted not too long ago one that I've not heard...Heritage Parke Wolves...some in the area were lobbying for Covered Bridge High School. Anyone care to share a little Knowledge on the situation?

Definitely don't need another North Central 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peter Simon Veeder said:

So what's the new school name?

It won't be official til Tuesday night, but with the unanimous recommendation of both the sub and steering committees I expect it will go through without debate since I have work that night and can't be there to criticize and complain.  Anyway, it'll be:

Parke Heritage Wolves, wearing Black and White/Silver

 I'm beyond angry and disgusted at this point.  I'll assume the uniforms will be a cross between Eastern State's in The Program and Northview's.

 

Picks:

NV over Attica

FC over Covington

Seeger over Riverton

And, since it will almost assuredly the last time I'll ever get to do this, *Rockville* over TR.  

The Rox final defeat will mark the end of my fandom.  They aren't my kids and they don't have our name.  TR parents have decided the Rox Man must be murdered, Rockville residents are putting up little if any resistance.  I'm out.  Washing my hands.  Done.  I wish coach Batty all the success in the world, but I won't be following.

It's been real, guys.  Please keep up stumping for the small schools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two schools in Illinois were/are in a similar situation, Catlin and Jamaica. They were consolidated strictly for sports for many years, but recently had both districts consolidate for school. They are black, silver, and white and called Salt Fork Storm; after the SF River that runs between the towns. They, too, had to choose those colors to not show any favoritism and also had to banish both prior mascots, Wolverines and Cardinals. 

I take it by your post that Batty is going to be the coach on the consolidation?

Also, and I ask in all honesty, as I have zero dog in this race....what do you, or have you, proposed for the mascot? Rox Man be murdered? What about the Warrior on the other hand? Would he be incorporated somehow if Rox Man was kept around? If you feel Rox Man holds the candle here, and the townspeople should be lobbying for him to stay, what makes you feel that way; outside of you simply being a Rockville person? 

The only people I communicate with from that area give me the "Because TR is a chit-hole" etc....so I'm asking in hopes for maybe some actual input. 

Edited by Joe Kane
Typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Joe Kane said:

Two schools in Illinois were/are in a similar situation, Catlin and Jamaica. They were consolidated strictly for sports for many years, but recently had both districts consolidate for school. They are black, silver, and white and called Salt Fork Storm; after the SF River that runs between the towns. They, too, had to choose those colors to not show any favoritism and also had to banish both prior mascots, Wolverines and Cardinals. 

I take it by your post that Batty is going to be the coach on the consolidation?

Also, and I ask in all honesty, as I have zero dog in this race....what do you, or have you, proposed for the mascot? Rox Man be murdered? What about the Warrior on the other hand? Would he be incorporated somehow if Rox Man was kept around? If you feel Rox Man holds the candle here, and the townspeople should be lobbying for him to stay, what makes you feel that way; outside of you simply being a Rockville person? 

The only people I communicate with from that area give me the "Because TR is a chit-hole" etc....so I'm asking in hopes for maybe some actual input. 

"Chit-hole".  That is classic!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Joe Kane said:

Two schools in Illinois were/are in a similar situation, Catlin and Jamaica. They were consolidated strictly for sports for many years, but recently had both districts consolidate for school. They are black, silver, and white and called Salt Fork Storm; after the SF River that runs between the towns. They, too, had to choose those colors to not show any favoritism and also had to banish both prior mascots, Wolverines and Cardinals. 

I take it by your post that Batty is going to be the coach on the consolidation?

Also, and I ask in all honesty, as I have zero dog in this race....what do you, or have you, proposed for the mascot? Rox Man be murdered? What about the Warrior on the other hand? Would he be incorporated somehow if Rox Man was kept around? If you feel Rox Man holds the candle here, and the townspeople should be lobbying for him to stay, what makes you feel that way; outside of you simply being a Rockville person? 

The only problem I communicate with from that area give me the "Because TR is a chit-hole" etc....so I'm asking in holes for maybe some actual input. 

To be frank, I don't know who's going to be the coach next year.  I went to school with and played alongside Coach Batty.  Teammates forever and all that. 

 

"Also, and I ask in all honesty, as I have zero dog in this race....what do you, or have you, proposed for the mascot?"

Boy, did you ask the wrong question.  I've written pages on this in the past.  Sent it along to the school board last summer after getting feedback on facebook.  I'm not answering that question as fully as I can because I don't think that you care but are asking as a rhetorical and because at this point it's moot.

I always suggested the Rox for a few I think extremely valid reasons.  Number one, cost.  Most of the reported rebrandings I've seen online have been for suburban junior highs or high schools just changing away from native American mascots.  Those usually run $100,000-$175,000 per building unless someone is skimming off the top.  It's not like NCPCSC is building a new school yet. There's no point in spending a quarter million bucks on this.  Especially since that money will be used to build a new school as soon as Rockville and Union Township parents get sick of their kids one the bus an extra 20-40min a day to be bussed to TR and the parking becomes an issue at RHS.  Two, it's pointless.  I mean people aren't going to stop calling it Rockville.  In August of 2018 all those kids are going into a building known as Rockville High or Turkey Run Middle School for decades.  No one calls it the Willis Tower or whatever Comiskey Park is now.  Furthermore, there was a scientific study done in Arkansas that showed the kids got over it and became an integrated unit in about a school year or less.  It's not addressing any issues that won't be completely handled by time.  Three is the difference in Tradition. I got served Sugar Creme pie today that was made by Tangier Tigers.  If there are people alive who remember before your school, you can't step to a tradition dating back to the defeat of the Confederacy.  There was a Rox Man in 19-effing-12.  He's so old, when he was born there was a Czar in Russia, a Kaiser in Germany, and an Ottoman Sultan.  The Rox Man is so old he stretches back to when the Titanic was "Current Events".  Four, it's ahistorical.  When Rockville absorbed smaller Union Township nothing changed, why should it now.  Remember, it costs money and won't help or hurt bringing the students together.  South Vermilion kept Clinton's colors, too.  Five demographics point to catering to Rockville.  More Amish expected up north.  The biggest employers in Parke County are the County Government, the Prison and the School.  Turkey Run has lost a third of its students in a generation.  It will only be 40% of the student body if everyone attends.  But Adams and Union Townships have schools much closer and competitive than any the TR district.  It's 8 minutes to Riverton, if you're mad, why not go to the bigger richer school about the same distance as where the Jr. High is, especially if you have a parent heading to work in Terre Haute, anyway?  Except for folks in Tangier and western Liberty township, there's nowhere near as close as Rockville.  Rockville will survive, if for no other reason than the State owes Rockville homeowners damages if they pull the County Seat. 

 

I even crowdsourced ideas for a new mascot.  I didn't need help coming up with a name, Parke County HS, or colors, Green.  My friend came up with the best of all nicknames given that, the Rangers.  Look me in the eye and tell me that the 'Parke Rangers' isn't so much better than the 'Parke Heritage Wolves'.  Why wolves?  Better question, is that a High School Name or a Nursing Home name?  c'est la vie.

 

Turkey Run died, as near as I can tell, for one important reason.  Namely, their neighbors sold out to the Amish.  Besides, the Warriors was a bad mascot anyway.  The Parke County Miami were neutral in the conflict leading up to Tippecanoe.  Of course, if I were a betting man, I'll assume that with the Elementary schools keeping the old names, there will be no rebranding of TR...even if they do play in the bigger gym up there.  I'd love to be wrong on that FWIW.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, FLP_NDRox said:

To be frank, I don't know who's going to be the coach next year.  I went to school with and played alongside Coach Batty.  Teammates forever and all that. 

 

"Also, and I ask in all honesty, as I have zero dog in this race....what do you, or have you, proposed for the mascot?"

Boy, did you ask the wrong question.  I've written pages on this in the past.  Sent it along to the school board last summer after getting feedback on facebook.  I'm not answering that question as fully as I can because I don't think that you care but are asking as a rhetorical and because at this point it's moot.

I always suggested the Rox for a few I think extremely valid reasons.  Number one, cost.  Most of the reported rebrandings I've seen online have been for suburban junior highs or high schools just changing away from native American mascots.  Those usually run $100,000-$175,000 per building unless someone is skimming off the top.  It's not like NCPCSC is building a new school yet. There's no point in spending a quarter million bucks on this.  Especially since that money will be used to build a new school as soon as Rockville and Union Township parents get sick of their kids one the bus an extra 20-40min a day to be bussed to TR and the parking becomes an issue at RHS.  Two, it's pointless.  I mean people aren't going to stop calling it Rockville.  In August of 2018 all those kids are going into a building known as Rockville High or Turkey Run Middle School for decades.  No one calls it the Willis Tower or whatever Comiskey Park is now.  Furthermore, there was a scientific study done in Arkansas that showed the kids got over it and became an integrated unit in about a school year or less.  It's not addressing any issues that won't be completely handled by time.  Three is the difference in Tradition. I got served Sugar Creme pie today that was made by Tangier Tigers.  If there are people alive who remember before your school, you can't step to a tradition dating back to the defeat of the Confederacy.  There was a Rox Man in 19-effing-12.  He's so old, when he was born there was a Czar in Russia, a Kaiser in Germany, and an Ottoman Sultan.  The Rox Man is so old he stretches back to when the Titanic was "Current Events".  Four, it's ahistorical.  When Rockville absorbed smaller Union Township nothing changed, why should it now.  Remember, it costs money and won't help or hurt bringing the students together.  South Vermilion kept Clinton's colors, too.  Five demographics point to catering to Rockville.  More Amish expected up north.  The biggest employers in Parke County are the County Government, the Prison and the School.  Turkey Run has lost a third of its students in a generation.  It will only be 40% of the student body if everyone attends.  But Adams and Union Townships have schools much closer and competitive than any the TR district.  It's 8 minutes to Riverton, if you're mad, why not go to the bigger richer school about the same distance as where the Jr. High is, especially if you have a parent heading to work in Terre Haute, anyway?  Except for folks in Tangier and western Liberty township, there's nowhere near as close as Rockville.  Rockville will survive, if for no other reason than the State owes Rockville homeowners damages if they pull the County Seat. 

 

I even crowdsourced ideas for a new mascot.  I didn't need help coming up with a name, Parke County HS, or colors, Green.  My friend came up with the best of all nicknames given that, the Rangers.  Look me in the eye and tell me that the 'Parke Rangers' isn't so much better than the 'Parke Heritage Wolves'.  Why wolves?  Better question, is that a High School Name or a Nursing Home name?  c'est la vie.

 

Turkey Run died, as near as I can tell, for one important reason.  Namely, their neighbors sold out to the Amish.  Besides, the Warriors was a bad mascot anyway.  The Parke County Miami were neutral in the conflict leading up to Tippecanoe.  Of course, if I were a betting man, I'll assume that with the Elementary schools keeping the old names, there will be no rebranding of TR...even if they do play in the bigger gym up there.  I'd love to be wrong on that FWIW.

I asked and you delivered. Very interesting. I'm also not from the Catlin/Jamaica area so I was not directly in the crossfire there to hear the particulars. I'm sure, however, that several similar issues arose. And.....I agree with the Parke Rangers being very practical, especially being green in color. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man why not the Rockville Warriors? I mean take a little from both sides lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1adam12 said:

Man why not the Rockville Warriors? I mean take a little from both sides lol

Yeah, problem solved, and the Rox Man Survives!!59e88cbebc741_RockvilleWarriors.thumb.jpg.69e30776cff72e4fdc36d20c6cd43a4a.jpg

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.